Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shit...

Comment

The green machine passed rego today so that's a win. I thought the catback (XForce - not sure of size, but I think 2.5" is common on these things) might be a little bit on the loud side, but no dramas at all. To my surprise, much as I usually hate the sound of a bigger exhaust on a V6 Commodore (or most sixes), this actually sounds pretty good from in the cabin. Maybe not so much for those on the outside?

With the 'rona, all ACT rego transactions are done online now. Nothing as old school as standing in a queue and getting a set of number plates. Instead, you scan your paperwork and proof of ID, upload them, and wait up to five business days for someone to call you and take your money. Then they post your rego papers and number plates. Apparently even if you do go down to the shopfront, all they do is scan your paperwork and upload it on your behalf. Given I uploaded my stuff late this afternoon, I might be able to hit the streets sometime the week after next.

At least it matches the colour of the lawn while it's being an ornament.

In the meantime, a few more badges have turned up so I can put it back to how I think it should be. I need one more though, which is surprisingly expensive, so I'm hoping someone will be wrecking a VE with the right badge near me sometime soon and I'll be able to grab one a bit cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post
        The green machine passed rego today so that's a win. I thought the catback (XForce - not sure of size, but I think 2.5" is common on these things) might be a little bit on the loud side, but no dramas at all. To my surprise, much as I usually hate the sound of a bigger exhaust on a V6 Commodore (or most sixes), this actually sounds pretty good from in the cabin. Maybe not so much for those on the outside?

With the 'rona, all ACT rego transactions are done online now. Nothing as old school as standing in a queue and getting a set of number plates. Instead, you scan your paperwork and proof of ID, upload them, and wait up to five business days for someone to call you and take your money. Then they post your rego papers and number plates. Apparently even if you do go down to the shopfront, all they do is scan your paperwork and upload it on your behalf. Given I uploaded my stuff late this afternoon, I might be able to hit the streets sometime the week after next.

At least it matches the colour of the lawn while it's being an ornament.

In the meantime, a few more badges have turned up so I can put it back to how I think it should be. I need one more though, which is surprisingly expensive, so I'm hoping someone will be wrecking a VE with the right badge near me sometime soon and I'll be able to grab one a bit cheaper.
        Nice one. The rego transaction thing is interdasting, that'll be me end of next week hopefully

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
        2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

Big bowtie front & back right?
          Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
          Originally posted by nutttr
          People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Are you trying to kill me or something?

Comment

Nice work on the paint job, Captain. It looks wet

What sort of hp/tq do the V6 model put out?

Comment

Thanks!

210 killer wasps and 350 of Sir Isaac’s finest metres. It’s decently quick and is likely faster than my 86 in a straight line. Awkward.

Its approach to corners is fairly lackadaisical though. VEs even on FE2 were a bit rolly new, and after 170k on original suspension plus Yum Cha rubber plus ute weight distribution it’s...a relaxed approach to handling. Still gotta be better than a top heavy, leaf sprung dual cab...

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post
                  Which badge are you chasing?

Comment

Originally posted by quewastaken View Post

Which badge are you chasing?
                    This one:

Part of the problem is the green square is a separate part to the SIDI script so places are charging individually. Best I’ve seen for the pair is $60 delivered, which is...a lot. Especially for a badge that isn’t really that sought after (I mean, people take them off...)

Comment

Shame you didn't mention the badge last week because I painted a tailgate and binned both those badges.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

Comment

Bugger!

Comment

I happen to have a brand new set of those badges sitting in my desk if you would like them
                          Attached Files

Comment

On second inspection the SIDI badge is the flex fuel not the direct injection version you’ve posted above

Comment

Pity. Thanks anyway!

Comment

I’ve had a few adventures with this today.

First up: when I picked it up, my impression was that it smelled a bit like a rental Camry at the airport. Some sort of deodoriser spray. Not the worst smell in the world but not the greatest.

Tried a few tricks - wet vac, coffee grounds to absorb it, Autoglym car deodoriser spray, but nothing worked all that well. Grabbed this Nilodor stuff at Woolies today and it seems to be gone. Slight eucalyptus smell now but it’s an Aussie ute so I’m good with that.
                                Last edited by Captain_Slow; 16-07-20, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X