No announcement yet.

Swedish Soot Chucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know of 2 people that have had them grenade in xc90's (in AU). 8k repair job.
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Those seats!!! You must feel like a king on his throne

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
        I know of 2 people that have had them grenade in xc90's (in AU). 8k repair job.
        Slush box or the dct thing that was the same as the powershift boxes Ford had issues with?

Sounds like they got taken for a ride. The slush box is a generic aisin tf80 derivative they're used in fucking everything. You can buy an aftermarket rebuild kit for less than $1k US. I was reading on one of the US Volvo speed shop pages that if you put a cooler on them the box is good for I think it was around 500hp as long as you don't go doing hard launches in them all the time (stalling them up on the line).
        Last edited by Luke352; 10-07-20, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Given that there's some distant Ford relation, and therefore maybe JLR too, I wonder if there's anything I should be throwing money at Jack Nicholson for...
          ​​​I'm not hopeful, however.
          Last edited by Cock Fist; 10-07-20, 07:21 PM.
          Swedish Soot Chucker
          Orange Accident KE10

Comment

T6 upgrades. https://kt4performance.com/volvo-big-turbo-kits/

As far as the transmission is concerned, we are currently working on developing this upgrade as well. By increasing the surface area of the clutch within the factory transmission, improving the flow of the factory valve body to increase the overall line pressure and upgrading the factory transmission cooler, we can increase the overall torque output by up to 50%, which is roughly 600 lbs\ft. If you plan to use your factory transmission with the big turbo kit, that is completely okay, but you must be careful to avoid hard launches as this may cause the transmission to leak and slip as the single clutch struggles to grip with the massive amounts of torque from your new high performance set up. Shifts between gears once the car is rolling are no issue for the Volvo, at WOT on the highway the TF-80SC is able to hold up between higher gear shifts. It only begins to have problems when it is being launched hard and often.

Comment

Originally posted by Cock Fist View Post
              Given that there's some distant Ford relation, and therefore maybe JLR too, I wonder if there's anything I should be throwing money at Jack Nicholson for...
              ​​​I'm not hopeful, however.
              I can't do any programming on the Volvos, but there are aftermarket Apple CarPlay & Android Auto kits that integrate to the factory screen without programming.

The Volvos are really locked down unfortunately...
              Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
              Originally posted by nutttr
              People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

I thought that may have been the case.

The AA/Carplay stuff seems to be primarily for 15+ models. Will keep my eyes peeled for something to work on this though
                Swedish Soot Chucker
                Orange Accident KE10

Comment

This https://www.naviplus.com.au/online-s...ack-p204183843
                  Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
                  Originally posted by nutttr
                  People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

I can't say I ever came across anyone with any box issues when doing my homework on them. Not a lot seems to go wrong with them. Shit, they're so realiable that Volvo literally re-purposed them for marine use too.
                    Yes that would make a decent anchor for my Scarab.

I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
                      I just recently had one of those fitted to my 2008 C-Class and once you work out how it works with your controls its quite good. Not completely stable as I have managed to "confuse" it a couple of times, probably by plugging the phone in at the wrong time. But has recovered properly on each occasion. I like my Waze in the car. Apparently there is no model specific control instructions and you rely on being shown how to use it by the installer. Well not for W204 version anyway.
                      Radical SR3
                      HSV R8
                      BMW 325ti Proddy Car

Comment

Doesn't help with any of the infotainment stuff but it is recommended to pick up a Vida/Dice setup to help with any troubleshooting and allows for remaps to be done otherwise it is an ecu out or at least get access to it job.

Comment

Pretty tricky to find a reliable dice setup for anything made after 2012. There is a 2014 version out there but not sure they have much success with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke352 View Post
                            Doesn't help with any of the infotainment stuff but it is recommended to pick up a Vida/Dice setup to help with any troubleshooting and allows for remaps to be done otherwise it is an ecu out or at least get access to it job.
                            Do you have a Vida/Dice? I'm wondering if it is worth getting Vida for my little rig.

Comment

I've had a brief look into VIDA/Dice. Seems there's China spec DICE dongles on eBay for like $150. From what I gather, they do work too.

I'll suss it out some more when the car gets here.
                              Swedish Soot Chucker
                              Orange Accident KE10

Comment

Originally posted by Bren View Post

Do you have a Vida/Dice? I'm wondering if it is worth getting Vida for my little rig.
                                I haven't yet, but I keep planning too. Apparently i'll need to it to change my rear pads since I have the electric parkbrake which needs Vida to retract them unless you remove the motors but if you do that you apparently need to replace some seals that only come as a kit with some bolts from Volvo for $50+. I think I already have an old laptop here still running Win 7. Vida doesn't run on Win 8 or 10 apparently.

I've had a brief look into VIDA/Dice. Seems there's China spec DICE dongles on eBay for like $150. From what I gather, they do work too.

I'll suss it out some more when the car gets here.
                                Yeah from what i've seen people just tend to recommend whatever you can find on ebay etc..
                                Last edited by Luke352; 13-07-20, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X