No announcement yet.

Swedish Soot Chucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to work this morning and gave the keys to the service manager. Cunt barely gave me the required attention when I was talking to him and gave off a real "I don't give a shit" vibe.
    Just now, the general manager came to me, in the middle of my office, and basically said "it was there before" and "not accepting liability, but we will buff it". Claims he and the group service manager reviewed CCTV last night and couldn't see anything happen to it. Funny that they've not offered to show it to me..

The roady was done properly on a jobcard and such yesterday, too, so check in photos and markup were taken in the driveway. They don't show scratches, just the dirt that was washed off post-roadworthy.
    Attached Files
    Swedish Soot Chucker
    Orange Accident KE10

Comment

Pics from last night not working for me.

That's a fucking shit attitude for them to take. I'd be asking to see the footage as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren View Post
        Pics from last night not working for me.

That's a fucking shit attitude for them to take. I'd be asking to see the footage as well.
        Fixed yesterday's ones
        Swedish Soot Chucker
        Orange Accident KE10

Comment

What a cunt act, hard one being where you work but fuck accepting that bullshit! I had a similar scrape on a car of mine previously when some knob tried to change lanes in to the back end of my car, it did mostly buff out where it was a scrape but became noticeable again after a while and needed to be repolished (except where there was a little paint missing, no polish will fix that!) Stick to your guns man!
          Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by piss98 View Post
            What a cunt act, hard one being where you work but fuck accepting that bullshit! I had a similar scrape on a car of mine previously when some knob tried to change lanes in to the back end of my car, it did mostly buff out where it was a scrape but became noticeable again after a while and needed to be repolished (except where there was a little paint missing, no polish will fix that!) Stick to your guns man!
            Yeah, I will. I have no loyalties to this company - they will try to screw anyone they can, so I will fight them to get the right result.
            Of course though, anyone who has anything to do with the service department now thinks I'm lying through my teeth.
            Swedish Soot Chucker
            Orange Accident KE10

Comment

So they buffed it yesterday, but in doing so made it more noticeable.
              The peak of the wheel arch has taken paint off along the edge, and the buffing has made the actual panel damge more obvious - there's a shallow dent in the flat edge that makes up the wheel arch from where it impacted whatever it impacted.

I spoke with the group service manager at the end of the day yesterday and got a different tune from him versus the GM, though. He said "I reviewed the footage on the CCTV and followed the car through the day, and, hand on my heart, I cannot say if it did or didn't happen here, nor wether it came in with the damage or not".
              So while it's better than the attitude the GM had, I feel they're not going to give in and cough up for it, so I've now made an insurance claim and passed on the pre-check-in photos and markup sheet to them. They wouldn't initially waive the excess, which is fine, but I'm happy to just sit on it until I'm not the one paying for their mistakes.
              Swedish Soot Chucker
              Orange Accident KE10

Comment

That's fucked, be sure to steal as much stationery and anything else that isn't bolted down but you won't get caught taking.
                Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

I have a spare gearbox here if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by THE CHIEF View Post
                    I have a spare gearbox here if needed.
                    I work at a Mitsubishi dealership. There's plenty of dead Triton ones in the scrap metal pile for me to dump on someone's desk.
                    Swedish Soot Chucker
                    Orange Accident KE10

Comment

Have you tried punching the service manager with your cock fist?
                      Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

wow what a bunch of dog cunts
                        www.holditflat.com

Comment

I've just gone over everybody's head and fired off an email to the Director. We get on quite well, and he's a reasonable bloke, so let's see where this goes.

In other news, Volvos in my garage are multiplying.

Swedish Soot Chucker
                          Orange Accident KE10

Comment

Thoughts on V40?

Comment

Originally posted by Bren View Post
                              Thoughts on V40?
                              It's an MY14 T5 RD in the 2.5L donk. Goes hard from the one drive I've managed to get out of nopics yesterday. Feels very familiar, just smaller compared to the XC60.
                              This one has the moonroof and full leather (as opposed to the standard half leather), so it's very comfy, and I reckon the roof makes it feel a little larger inside than what it is.
                              Gearbox does some strange things in straight D, but it's much more lively in Sport mode. No flappy paddles on the early ones though, which is a little bit disappointing. Might need to look into retrofitting them.

Needs a dump pipe, a muffler cut out and an aftermarket tune (no P* ones for the 2.5s) and it'll be a weapon.
                              Swedish Soot Chucker
                              Orange Accident KE10

Comment

Going back to the damage saga, I went to my manager who went in to bat for me to get CCTV footage for me to review.
                                The one angle that I'm positive is useful is the one at waist heigh as you drive in the service driveway. While it's not fantastic due to light and dirt on the car (as it was raining that morning), I'm adament it shows there's nothing there. The remainder are all top-down camera angles which are totally useless - you can't see a thing.
                                Interestingly though, the one showing the car entering the workshop starts from halfway across the workshop floor and doesn't show the vehicle enter through the doorway. That's exactly where I thought it would have happened when I first saw the damage.
                                My manager is taking the "can't say one way or the other" stance, and when I said "so what now? I know and can see it wasn't there when I drove in that morning, I want it fixed and I don't want it to cost me a cent" his response was "I don't know".

I've now arranged a meeting with HR because I'm sick of them just going "I don't know", and I wan't the GM's balls on a platter for the bullshit he pulled.
                                Swedish Soot Chucker
                                Orange Accident KE10

Comment

Working...
                                X