Swedish Soot Chucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cock Fist View Post

It's an MY14 T5 RD in the 2.5L donk. Goes hard from the one drive I've managed to get out of nopics yesterday. Feels very familiar, just smaller compared to the XC60.
    This one has the moonroof and full leather (as opposed to the standard half leather), so it's very comfy, and I reckon the roof makes it feel a little larger inside than what it is.
    Gearbox does some strange things in straight D, but it's much more lively in Sport mode. No flappy paddles on the early ones though, which is a little bit disappointing. Might need to look into retrofitting them.

Needs a dump pipe, a muffler cut out and an aftermarket tune (no P* ones for the 2.5s) and it'll be a weapon.
    Thanks for that, good looking car and I didn't realise they were still using the 5 pot in the V40. If I ever decided to move the C30 on this would be a perfect upgrade. I'm actually currently talking to a mate of mine about doing an exhaust for mine, finding an XC60 intercooler and will get a tune for it.

Going back to the damage saga, I went to my manager who went in to bat for me to get CCTV footage for me to review.
    The one angle that I'm positive is useful is the one at waist heigh as you drive in the service driveway. While it's not fantastic due to light and dirt on the car (as it was raining that morning), I'm adament it shows there's nothing there. The remainder are all top-down camera angles which are totally useless - you can't see a thing.
    Interestingly though, the one showing the car entering the workshop starts from halfway across the workshop floor and doesn't show the vehicle enter through the doorway. That's exactly where I thought it would have happened when I first saw the damage.
    My manager is taking the "can't say one way or the other" stance, and when I said "so what now? I know and can see it wasn't there when I drove in that morning, I want it fixed and I don't want it to cost me a cent" his response was "I don't know".

I've now arranged a meeting with HR because I'm sick of them just going "I don't know", and I wan't the GM's balls on a platter for the bullshit he pulled.
    Yeah, that's bullshit. He knows it happened there for sure, soft cock.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren View Post
      Yeah, that's bullshit. He knows it happened there for sure, soft cock.
      Absoloutley. They're fucking 4K cameras for fuck sakes. If a 4K camera staring straight at the area of damage isn't able to tell you if it's there or not, what's the point in having it?
      Swedish Soot Chucker
      Orange Accident KE10

Comment

Surely they have insurance for that kind of thing anyway? It's not like it'd be coming out of his pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by andy_wk View Post
          Surely they have insurance for that kind of thing anyway? It's not like it'd be coming out of his pocket.
          They do, which makes me wonder why they're trying so hard to weasle out of it. It's not like I'm a retail customer trying it on - I fucking work here for fucks sake. I'm not going to try and pull the wool over their eyes because it's not in my best interests.
          Swedish Soot Chucker
          Orange Accident KE10

Comment

Just got dragged into a meeting with the Director, HR manager and Group Service manager. They insulted me with an offer to pay half my insurance excess and insinuated that I damaged the car when I jumped in it to go to lunch that day.
            I told them I'd talk to my nopics, but I know her response already - "tell them to get fucked".

Not really sure where to go from here. Do I wear the $300 or do I go hard on them so it doesn't cost me a cent because my own fucking workplace is trying to stitch me up? If the latter, what now?
            Swedish Soot Chucker
            Orange Accident KE10

Comment

How much longer do you want to work there? Either way I can't help but feel this whole episode (unjustifiably) taints you with your workplace

Comment

Originally posted by richzx View Post
                How much longer do you want to work there? Either way I can't help but feel this whole episode (unjustifiably) taints you with your workplace
                Agreed. This is the turning point, for sure. The director said "we don't want a dejected employee". Cunt's going the wrong way about it.
                Swedish Soot Chucker
                Orange Accident KE10

Comment

The new 2L D5R is an amazing engine. I have one of the last 2019 Swedish built XC60s. Amazing cars for eating km, super comfy and amazing ride quality for something that is on 21s.
                  If in doubt power out

Comment

Just got dragged into a meeting with the Director, HR manager and Group Service manager. They insulted me with an offer to pay half my insurance excess and insinuated that I damaged the car when I jumped in it to go to lunch that day.
                    I told them I'd talk to my nopics, but I know her response already - "tell them to get fucked".

Not really sure where to go from here. Do I wear the $300 or do I go hard on them so it doesn't cost me a cent because my own fucking workplace is trying to stitch me up? If the latter, what now?
                    In thier eyes you’re now a pain in the arse. Start looking

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_fahrquhar View Post

In thier eyes you’re now a pain in the arse. Start looking
                      Oh yes, that was the first thing I did after the meeting
                      Swedish Soot Chucker
                      Orange Accident KE10

Comment

Seems like they obviously don't give a fuck if you stick around

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Originally posted by Old Major
                        Perhaps she feels inadequate when you cum in other guys?

Comment

And stick around I did not. Handed in my notice about 4 weeks ago now and they paid me out the notice period.

After fighting with Allianz and taking them to the ombudsman for my excess still being applicable despite having told them who to chase for the money, I finally managed to get the excess waived and dropped the car off for repairs today. Should have it back on Tuesday.
                          Swedish Soot Chucker
                          Orange Accident KE10

Comment

It's a shame it ended like that but after the events unfolded the way they did and how you were treated it appeared to be inevitable. Got a new job to go to?

Comment

Originally posted by richzx View Post
                              It's a shame it ended like that but after the events unfolded the way they did and how you were treated it appeared to be inevitable. Got a new job to go to?
                              Yep, it worked out well, actually. I handed in my notice the day after signing a contract for the new gig which I start Jan 4. I'm living a life of liesure until then.
                              Swedish Soot Chucker
                              Orange Accident KE10

Comment

What did they say when you resigned????

Comment

Working...
                                X