No announcement yet.

Mediocre car thread: Toyota Crown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like v8s but JZ makes the most sense to me.
    a modern efi system on the stock motor as above would net a lot of benefit as a cruiser tho.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

I probably won't persist with the current combo and just chuck something else in. I like the idea of a 1uz if I can get a full setup for cheap.

Comment

Freshly crashed is300 would be a nice donor platform and keep that I6 purity... There's at least 4 shades of brown in that interior, I'm assuming turbo anything with the existing steering and brakes would cause you to add a 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by aerobrick View Post
          Freshly crashed is300 would be a nice donor platform and keep that I6 purity... There's at least 4 shades of brown in that interior, I'm assuming turbo anything with the existing steering and brakes would cause you to add a 5th.
          This is a good thought. Even if not the NA 2J of an IS300, 1G-FZE auto combos are next to free, unkillable and smooth as all hell. Plus they're still gutless to keep that purity.
          Last edited by Mr Purple; 18-07-20, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Do the safety dance. View Post
            I probably won't persist with the current combo and just chuck something else in. I like the idea of a 1uz if I can get a full setup for cheap.
            Couple of brothers on one of the FB Crown pages have dropped V8s into their 80 series. One went the Holden 304 route. The other has done a 1UZ and is currently fitting (possibly fitted?) a blower to it. Shane Davis.
            Proudly presenting the new foot long chocolate Subway.
            Originally posted by ALLMTR
            Rats tail haircut used to mean make sure the OC spray is shaken

Comment

Nice old nugget mate! Old Tojos for life!

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
                Nice. Would take an MS85 any day, they are lovely old things. Not quite as nice as the old MS65s, but as a wagon... damn.
                There was an immaculate manual MS85 for sale on Carsales around 3-5 years back.

The MS65 wagons look epic. A huge pox on Toyota Australia not importing them back in the day. I saw an immaculate light metallic blue in the Shire many tears ago.

"The rest of the world should just give up and leave car manufacturing to the Japanese and Germans ." anonymous

My Kitchen Stools

Comment

Man this thing is cool, loving it so far!

I agree with Mr Bolt that a NA 2JZ is a great option, they're still pretty cheap and will be relatively easy to slot in, I imagine a fair bit less fuckery than a 1UZ. If you just want a cruiser it will make plenty of power and of course fuel economy will be heaps better.

But hey it's your car, do what you think is best, I'll be watching with interest!
                  Norbie!

Comment

So I've been keeping an eye out for a set of wheels for this thing, has to be old school and Jap. Been checking on the usual Facebook groups every day, and anytime anything remotely suitable pops up it seems to always be in Brisbane?
                    One day I'm browsing during my lunch break and a set of wheels is for sale just on FB marketplace. Advertised as 15x7.5 square set, and only 15 minutes from work. The price is insanely good, only been listed for under and hour so I message him and head straight out. Straight away I can see they're not as described. I flip them over, and I don't know what he was thinking, but they're 16x8 and 16x9 zero offset. They look to be the real deal, and even though they're rough as fuck I gave him the money and got out of there before he changed his mind.

Tyres are fucked, hardware is rusted and the lips are rashed to shit. I figure I could refurb them and have a great set of wheels for basically half their value, or just run them as is.

Here is a before an after just to test fitment:

The wags swallowed them up easily. Can probably probably drop it another inch and still not need to touch the guards. I'll prob put some new tyres on it and leave them as-is, and put the money towards a 1UZ swap in the future.

Comment

nice! worth tidying them up i reckon
                      Originally posted by Jim
                      I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                      What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Not knowing anything about jdm. What are they? And why a deal?

Comment

They're SSR Formula Mesh. A pretty iconic Jap wheel and I don't think they make them anymore. Not all that rare but still pretty cool.

Comment

thanks - so old mate didnt know what they were?

Comment

wow the fit is awesome mang
                              www.holditflat.com

Comment

leftfield engine swap - bmw 6 pot?
                                I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Working...
                                X