Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mediocre car thread: Toyota Crown

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    looks fucking tits with the SSRs on it... also i dont know how no one else has suggested it yet but, 1GZFE. Perfect motor for a crown, just exxy and hard to find. but shirley someone on here has one laying about..

    Comment


      #62
      1GZ would be perfect but tricky to do. It is a front sump and the oil pump actually sits in that bit. Unfortunately, the Crowns of this vintage (well 40 series right through to 130 series) all need a mid sump - the front bit of the chassis is right where the front sump sits.

      WTFauto in Perth have a kit that allows a 1GZ to fit in an 80 series Supra (machined alloy sump, external oil pump). With a bit of tweaking it could work in a Crown but is a bit spendy at 7K...
      Proudly presenting the new foot long chocolate Subway.
      Originally posted by ALLMTR
      Rats tail haircut used to mean make sure the OC spray is shaken

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by Andrew Bolt View Post
        1GZ would be perfect but tricky to do. It is a front sump and the oil pump actually sits in that bit. Unfortunately, the Crowns of this vintage (well 40 series right through to 130 series) all need a mid sump - the front bit of the chassis is right where the front sump sits.

        WTFauto in Perth have a kit that allows a 1GZ to fit in an 80 series Supra (machined alloy sump, external oil pump). With a bit of tweaking it could work in a Crown but is a bit spendy at 7K...
        Surely a crossmember to suit could be easily done for a reasonable cost.

        Don't mention the adBlocker !!

        Comment


          #64
          All of this sounds way harder than a 1uz.

          Comment


            #65
            Yeah I wouldn't have thought anything about a 1GZ swap would be cheap. Would be tits though.

            Comment


              #66
              It's a bucket list conversion for me but it'd have to be in a nicer car.

              Comment


                #67
                its funny, for me this is the perfect car for it. big old toyo sled with a smooth as silk toyo v12, is spooge worthy.
                but at the end of the day im not the cunt paying the bills or doing the heavy lifting, so my opinion means shit.

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by Gin Kii View Post

                  Surely a crossmember to suit could be easily done for a reasonable cost.
                  Seen it done with a 2JZ and I think Jamie has done similar with a 50 series Crown ute. Not sure what the legalities of chopping away the whole front of the chassis are though - I probably didn't look hard enough on NCOP guidelines. If it's even allowed, surely there would be some crazy torsional and strength testing required which would be similarly exxy?

                  1UZ has none of these fitment issues in this series Crown.
                  Proudly presenting the new foot long chocolate Subway.
                  Originally posted by ALLMTR
                  Rats tail haircut used to mean make sure the OC spray is shaken

                  Comment


                    #69
                    How about a 6BT compound setup

                    | 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Or a 6BG1T cheap isuzu boost, 170kw at 2800rpm. Perfect for a cruise... even if the rocker cover sticks out the bonnet.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X