• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bugle
    replied
    Originally posted by Babalouie View Post

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

We will build an Isuzu Aska Irmscher Turbo, which has a boosty version of the 2.0i that the later aussie Camiras had. Plus Irsmcher body and chassis goodness

....on second thoughts, challenge un-accepted.
    They have a FWD 4ZC1-T like the Piazza, so you could drop in a 2.6 litre Rodeo engine with a turbo if you like uncontrollable torque steer

Leave a comment:

• mizone
    replied
    These things are on my bucket list, Green with the 2JZGTE and stock rims.

I didn't know you could bring them in until I saw your post elsewhere. Well done. Look forward to seeing what you do to it.

Leave a comment:

• Bren
    replied
    Awesome pick up mate, and IMO the wheels look good and suit a VIP style car like this!

Leave a comment:

• mortycakes
    replied
    Having owned a 1999 GS300, it was the best car I've ever owned. Thing was majestic.

I ruined it. Painted, slammed on 20s, TV'S, Subs... the Sydney sex spec days. But fuck I miss my Lexus.

Leave a comment:

• Neeek
    replied
    Nice Merc W211!

Subscribed for finger pointing. Should be good a one.

Leave a comment:

• Babalouie
    replied
    Originally posted by bboy View Post

Yes, you can skip forward and back with stereo buttons!*

Connects automatically as you would expect when you turn car on, sometimes Spotify opens and starts playing automatically (phone setting) but takes 30 seconds plus, I just start it manually because impatient.
    Turn stereo off while playing it will pause music, turn back on and it will start playing again.
    Only plays from disc 1, if you change to other discs for whatever reason it just plays nothing, switch back to disc 1 and it continues playing your music.
    Has phone functions too, but requires mounting the mic somewhere and if you're feeling fancy the buttons. Have not done this, but calls that do come through sound mint on the car speakers before switching to phone speaker (while parked of course)

All in all, well worth the $100 and keeps interior stock looking

*This is with Android, using Spotify, on the IS300. Your mileage may vary.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CCCXPaGF...=11v0slymatdad

Leave a comment:

• bboy
    replied
    Can you go fwd and back with the track +/- button on the stereo, or is it just straight playback and you have to change tracks on the phone?
    Yes, you can skip forward and back with stereo buttons!*

Connects automatically as you would expect when you turn car on, sometimes Spotify opens and starts playing automatically (phone setting) but takes 30 seconds plus, I just start it manually because impatient.
    Turn stereo off while playing it will pause music, turn back on and it will start playing again.
    Only plays from disc 1, if you change to other discs for whatever reason it just plays nothing, switch back to disc 1 and it continues playing your music.
    Has phone functions too, but requires mounting the mic somewhere and if you're feeling fancy the buttons. Have not done this, but calls that do come through sound mint on the car speakers before switching to phone speaker (while parked of course)

All in all, well worth the $100 and keeps interior stock looking

*This is with Android, using Spotify, on the IS300. Your mileage may vary.

Leave a comment:

• Babalouie
    replied
    Originally posted by FLI355 View Post
    Looks in mint condition babs. Please change wheels though!
    Fuck, the spending has to stop somewhere :-)

I'll clean them up a bit, take them apart to do them properly. They might work really well with the slammed VIP look, and even if I don't like it, making them presentable will be necessary to flog them anyway

Leave a comment:

• FLI355
    replied
    Looks in mint condition babs. Please change wheels though!

Leave a comment:

• Babalouie
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post
    Do you take requests? I'd like to see your skill wasted on something entirely undeserving of them. An early Camira or something.
    CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

We will build an Isuzu Aska Irmscher Turbo, which has a boosty version of the 2.0i that the later aussie Camiras had. Plus Irsmcher body and chassis goodness

....on second thoughts, challenge un-accepted.

Leave a comment:

• Norbie
    replied
    AFAIK you'd unplug the CD stacker at the back and plug this into the harness instead.
    Ah I see, that sounds nice and easy. I'll have a look at mine and see if it has a similar connector (the Century stacker is in the glovebox though).

Leave a comment:

• bboy
    replied
    Can you go fwd and back with the track +/- button on the stereo, or is it just straight playback and you have to change tracks on the phone?
    Uhhh, will test that tonight. I just set on shuffle and forget.

Leave a comment:

• Babalouie
    replied
    Originally posted by Norbie View Post
    Where does a unit like that plug in? I'd love something like this for the Century.
    AFAIK you'd unplug the CD stacker at the back and plug this into the harness instead.

Leave a comment:

• Norbie
    replied
    Where does a unit like that plug in? I'd love something like this for the Century.

Leave a comment:

• Babalouie
    replied
    Originally posted by bboy View Post
    The pics work fine now for me in #32, weird indeed.

Not Jap, but should work if it's anything like any Toyota from that era. The Yatour bluetooth adaptor with 5+7 plug. Works mint in my IS300, headunit just thinks it's playing a CD. $100 eBay.

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	7169079

Leave a comment:

Working...
X