Babs Project Aristo - there's no boost like nostalgia boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"More Sports Minded' body kit, lol.
    Looking forward to the return of the pointy finger.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post
      Do you take requests? I'd like to see your skill wasted on something entirely undeserving of them. An early Camira or something.
      This.
      Though I'm sure Babs has a reputation to keep in his street and can't be seen with such buckets of shit killing his nature strip.
      Swedish Soot Chucker
      Orange Accident KE10

Comment

Originally posted by bboy View Post
        Pics not working on post #32

This is going to be a fun project
        Pics seem funny, sometimes they all work, sometimes only some work. Try coming back and refreshing later.
        Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

Comment

Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post
          Looks like a mint example, nice purchase!
          Can't find any specs on these, what do they do 0-100 and quarter mile stock?
          Do they have stability control etc or just traction control?
          I don’t think they’re super-fast, they’re only 280hp pushing 1680kg through an oldschool 4spd auto. I think Best Motoring got 14.2qtr out of the JZS147 and I’d expect that might be what mine would do at best.

Stock they have stability control that can’t be turned off, and the one chassis upgrade over the aussie GS300 is that they have rear wheel steering; there’s an electrically powered rack back there. But apparently it doesn’t work all that well and so there are a few aftermarket kits to replace the rack with a solid bar.

Comment

i had a 147 with all the basic early 2000s mods; exhaust, intercooler, boost controller and a blitz ecu with no boost cut. it wasn't super fast, but it was wayyyyy faster than it had any right to be. i think you'll be happy enough with the performance.
            Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
            And I’ve explained many times this is not just another four year election.

The outcome will determine civilisation as we know it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	49m759.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	7168913

Comment

Originally posted by lysdexia View Post
                i had a 147 with all the basic early 2000s mods; exhaust, intercooler, boost controller and a blitz ecu with no boost cut. it wasn't super fast, but it was wayyyyy faster than it had any right to be. i think you'll be happy enough with the performance.
                Yeah if I can get it to a flat 13qtr I’d be happy, but that should be doable.

Comment

A80 Supra was 1510kg and same engine, they did low 13s stock.
                  www.markpakula.com
                  2017 Subaru Impreza Hatch - for the grind
                  2015 Cervelo S2 - for the fitness
                  2005 Honda Accord Euro - for the wife
                  2010 BMW S1000RR - for the sanity

Comment

Originally posted by trent from punchy View Post
                    A80 Supra was 1510kg and same engine, they did low 13s stock.
                    And Aristo's nearly always get off the line better, even more so with an auto, so 12's will be no issue

Comment

The Panda lol "well played" :D

Sat Nav on JDM-only models usually cant be easily converted. Enterprising souls make up stickers for the buttons but TBH after a while you get to know what each button does anyway

Factory body kit is a big win IMO

Originally posted by Jim
                      I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                      What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

+1 on not being able to see any of the photos in post #32. I even cleared Photobucket cookies. Bastards.

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post
                        Do you take requests? I'd like to see your skill wasted on something entirely undeserving of them. An early Camira or something.
                        There's a mint Camira wagon on heritage plates in my suburb. If it's the same broken cubt with the H-plated concourse-grade Prairie I'll get him onto PF for you.

Comment

Dunno why the pics aren't working for some ppl on post #32, they seem ok on my end and on my phone.

Anyhoo these are the pics.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	103457810_244540150180447_6043093277779890885_n.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	7169048
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
                            The Panda lol "well played" :D

Sat Nav on JDM-only models usually cant be easily converted. Enterprising souls make up stickers for the buttons but TBH after a while you get to know what each button does anyway

Factory body kit is a big win IMO
                            The car has the optional navi, which also has the HVAC and various other things built into it. TBH I'm not too fussed about the japanese buttons, as has been said, you work out pretty quickly what does what. And if I can rig up some sort of BT audio control to the headunit (shirley such a thing exists in Japan) then I think I'm happy to stick with it.

The alternative is to ditch the whole triple-DIN stack and fit the single-DIN HVAC panel from the base model Aristo (or maybe the aussie GS300 with the english buttons will work...but maybe it won't). Then there are aftermarket dash bezels which fill in the resulting hole and you can fit a double-DIN aftermarket stereo.

We'll see how we go but the initial setup will be that I'll be loading Salt n'Pepa and Bobby Brown CDs into the stacker while we install the fasts. And if I can find my Pseudo Echo cassette collection, that'll keep be happy for a little while

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6588.JPG Views:	0 Size:	279.2 KB ID:	7169061
                            Last edited by Babalouie; 28-07-20, 12:56 PM.

Comment

You need one of these bad boys:

Swedish Soot Chucker
                              Orange Accident KE10

Comment

Originally posted by Cock Fist View Post
                                You need one of these bad boys:

Comment

Working...
                                X