Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Babalouie View Post

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

We will build an Isuzu Aska Irmscher Turbo, which has a boosty version of the 2.0i that the later aussie Camiras had. Plus Irsmcher body and chassis goodness

....on second thoughts, challenge un-accepted.
    They have a FWD 4ZC1-T like the Piazza, so you could drop in a 2.6 litre Rodeo engine with a turbo if you like uncontrollable torque steer

as short as possible

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post
      I didn't know you could bring them in until I saw your post elsewhere. Well done. Look forward to seeing what you do to it.
      It’s pretty recent, I think they were only approved in April
      Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

Comment

Originally posted by bugle View Post

They have a FWD 4ZC1-T like the Piazza, so you could drop in a 2.6 litre Rodeo engine with a turbo if you like uncontrollable torque steer

Lol I remain unconvinced :-)

Comment

You know you can get 1/10th RC shells of these

With the Pretend CD changer things some back in the day would work as CD1 (or 6 or whatever) and if you selected the other disc do a pass through back the Changer. So you’d load your CDs into every slot but the AUX/Minidisc allocated one. Like I said, back in the day which was Minidisc or MP3 player but phones didn’t do music and Bluetooth wasn’t a thing.
          ---
          Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Update: the car is on Oz soil and has been for 3wks. However, I haven't been sent the bill for shipping and duties yet, so I presume this means she is still at the docks in some way, shape or form

Comment

Jeez Babs, as always you seem to find the coolest stuff. very much looking forward to the inevitable build thread.

If its something you are interested in from updating or adding some user friendlyness to the stereo side of things - I've been researching for my Crown to try to modernise the whole thing, and Grom Audio out of the states do a small android box called the Vline that works as a kind of plug in unit, which lets you use the stock screen for simple MP3/FLAC/video playback via a stock andriod style screen. As well as being able to boot into Android Auto and Carplay - whatever your situation is phone wise.

It's kinda spendy at 599usd. but I've had a chat to one of the blokes via email and they reckon it'll work for mine (though its an 08') and I've seen a few dudes in NZ running them on things as modern as your ISF as well as earlier stuff like the Aristo's it could be something to investigate if you want to keep it looking factory but making it a bit more modern. as far as i understand it uses the dvd stacker setting of a lot of the early toyo/lexus headunits that aren't easily replaceable, so you retain steering wheel controls etc.

might not be your jam but i've been trying to make my Crown more user friendly for crap like navigation and audio for a while and it seems like its good kit. and their support staff dont seem like cunts - they were pretty happy to have a suss through all the photos of the ports etc i sent them.i was ready to pull the trigger back inf Feb but then all this COVID shit tanked the dollar and kids and etc etc, hoping to hook mine up soonish though as it looks to be one of the better options for my situation at least.

Comment

Originally posted by idaho52 View Post
                Jeez Babs, as always you seem to find the coolest stuff. very much looking forward to the inevitable build thread.

If its something you are interested in from updating or adding some user friendlyness to the stereo side of things - I've been researching for my Crown to try to modernise the whole thing, and Grom Audio out of the states do a small android box called the Vline that works as a kind of plug in unit, which lets you use the stock screen for simple MP3/FLAC/video playback via a stock andriod style screen. As well as being able to boot into Android Auto and Carplay - whatever your situation is phone wise.

It's kinda spendy at 599usd. but I've had a chat to one of the blokes via email and they reckon it'll work for mine (though its an 08') and I've seen a few dudes in NZ running them on things as modern as your ISF as well as earlier stuff like the Aristo's it could be something to investigate if you want to keep it looking factory but making it a bit more modern. as far as i understand it uses the dvd stacker setting of a lot of the early toyo/lexus headunits that aren't easily replaceable, so you retain steering wheel controls etc.

might not be your jam but i've been trying to make my Crown more user friendly for crap like navigation and audio for a while and it seems like its good kit. and their support staff dont seem like cunts - they were pretty happy to have a suss through all the photos of the ports etc i sent them.i was ready to pull the trigger back inf Feb but then all this COVID shit tanked the dollar and kids and etc etc, hoping to hook mine up soonish though as it looks to be one of the better options for my situation at least.
                VLine is a bit spendy, and there is this 2000-post thread on Clublexus complaining about issues too, so I've been hesitant to take the plunge with it on the ISF.

Update on the Aristo is that it didn't land in AU on 7th Aug as planned: at the time it was meant to ship, roll-on, roll-off car carrier ship inspections were offline because of COVID, so the Aristo had to wait for a container on a later ship. It's on the water now, scheduled for arrival at the end of Sep, so it should be late Oct when it's complied and ready for pickup.

Comment

Following this thread with interest. I always lusted over a GS300 equvalent with a 2jzgte in it. In fact i remember fantasising over a black AU delivered GS-300 with all the Aristo running gear in it. From memory it was some Croatian bloke called Rob who wanted 50k for it on carsales. The ad was up for months

Comment

Originally posted by Impakt View Post
                    Following this thread with interest. I always lusted over a GS300 equvalent with a 2jzgte in it. In fact i remember fantasising over a black AU delivered GS-300 with all the Aristo running gear in it. From memory it was some Croatian bloke called Rob who wanted 50k for it on carsales. The ad was up for months
                    Ah yeah...Rob was an oldschool PFer from the old Autospeed days. He was in the import game way back in the 90s heyday.

Aristo market certainly has gone funny though. My car was Y590,000 back in June, and in the past mth prices have gone nuts. A client bid on a car with twice the kms last week and it went for Y900,000, which woulda been a low $20's car landed and complied with 110,000kms (which you usually can't give away in Japan).

Not sure if it's sustainable, I think the timing has a lot to do with them being made available for aussie compliance in May, and plenty of local guys with money burning a hole in their pocket and nowhere to go to spend it.
                    Last edited by Babalouie; 11-09-20, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Impakt View Post
                      Yep, that was Rob's one - N-GS300 number plates.. was a nice car.
                      I think his nick on here was SUBARUS

Comment

Flashback! Part of the original Thornleigh Maccas crew.
                        "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                        (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                        Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
                          Flashback! Part of the original Thornleigh Maccas crew.
                          Wow...now that's a looooooong time ago. Like Hypercolor t-shirts and Timberlands long.

Comment

Originally posted by Babalouie View Post

Wow...now that's a looooooong time ago. Like Hypercolor t-shirts and Timberlands long.
                            Not quite hypercolour. But definitely Timberlands.

Falken Azenis were a big thing lol
                            "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                            (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                            Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Hands up here , from the original Macca's crew. What we talking 1999 - 2001 ?
                              Diseasel 80 series with 100 series :w:

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post

Not quite hypercolour. But definitely Timberlands.

Falken Azenis were a big thing lol
                                I had some Azenis, and Dunlop FM901s before that...
                                Dirty Subaru owner

Comment

Working...
                                X