• Show
Clear All

• itsnotagsr
    replied
    Boooo. Buying an already modified car means a shorter build thread! :D

Leave a comment:

• Babalouie
    replied
    Now that the 15,850km car was on its way to a new home other than mine, the hunt continued. But unlike my previous experience with imports, where you have to spend a few months searching for the right one, there seemed to be at least 2 or 3 cars at the auctions each week that were worth bidding on. Aristos with sub 60,000km were pretty plentiful and the following week came the Perfect Car.

Grade 4.5B, 33,000km and with all the right bits and bobs.

19in Advan forged wheels, Blitz front mount intercooler, HKS exhaust...Supra brake conversion (apparently it's a bolt on)

Trust trans cooler, Blitz i-color boost controller, Billion fan controller (no idea why this is necessary but whatever) coolol

And it was a bit lowered, although it was unclear as to whether it had coilovers or just lowering springs.

It was a non-sunroof car and for me, the cloth trim is more desirable than the leather. Having an ISF with a white leather interior has scarred me for life and the idea of hard-wearing Toyota cloth instead was pretty appealing.

This thing was perfect, it was more or less what I would have modded it to be anyway, so I raised my budget and instructed Iron Chef to bid on it for me.

Aaaaannd we were outbid. This bad boi ended up with a hammer price that would have been about $24k landed. No soup for me...and in hindsight given how much I've subsequently spent on buying parts, this would actually have been a totally reasonable price.

Onto the next (and final) one :-)
    Last edited by Babalouie; 27-07-20, 03:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• perthdrivers.txt
    replied
    Yep thats nice. A big step up from the previous gen Aristo interiors

Leave a comment:

• JGTC
    replied
    Ahead of the curve babs, this just hit my inbox from prestige motorsport - https://prestigemotorsport.com.au/20...URBO+Aristo%29

Leave a comment:

• Babalouie
    replied
    Testing, let's see if Pming DCR still does anything in this day and age

Leave a comment:

• Babalouie
    replied
    Here's the worst one I could find at auction: https://carsales.ajes.com/aj-bBiE2hm2jbXtkSi.htm

It'll probably go for Y250,000 :-) But for Y700,000 you can get quite a nice one

Leave a comment:

• itsnotagsr
    replied
    Buy one with 20000000000kms and give the engine to Skid Factory for a video rebuild?

Leave a comment:

• lukevl
    replied
    I used Imgur for my build thread Babs. Worked well.

Also fucking subscribed! Another Babs thread- yeah baby!

Leave a comment:

• Babalouie
    replied
    Originally posted by JGTC View Post
    Babs you are king of starting with an awesome base then going to 11 with it, 15,000km Aristo, so good.
    Plot twist: I didn't get that car :-)

Leave a comment:

• Babalouie
    replied
    Originally posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    if you've been eyeing the auctions for a while whats the cheapest a well used but unfucked 161 tend to go for?
    The sweet spot seems to be Grade 4 and juuuust a smidge over 100,000km; those seem to go for about $12-13k landed for something decent but not over the top nice. Auction hammer price is probably something like Y350,000 so it doesn't get much cheaper.

Something like a 160,000km car that's grade 3.5 and a bit shabby is maybe only $3k less. At that point the car is basically only a bit more than free and you're just paying for the various fees, shipping and compliance.

Once you get below 100,000km it gets complicated, as you will see when the pics work again and I can continue the story :-)
    Last edited by Babalouie; 24-07-20, 03:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sloth
    replied
    dont stress the hako, as soon as my foolproof lotto sytem gives me a win ill be on the phone.

Leave a comment:

• Baron Von Furrypants
    replied
    I too am velly interested - this was going to be my choice next too lol

Leave a comment:

• schnitzelburger
    replied
    if you've been eyeing the auctions for a while whats the cheapest a well used but unfucked 161 tend to go for?

Leave a comment:

• JGTC
    replied
    Babs you are king of starting with an awesome base then going to 11 with it, 15,000km Aristo, so good.

Leave a comment:

• gmr
    replied
    love a good risty

Leave a comment:

Working...
X