R35 stance car build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R35 stance car build

Had to grow up a bit and sell all my toy cars and bikes last year to buy a house. Now everything has settled I needed a car that can take my 2 boys (currently 1 and 3) to car meets and shows when Melbourne opens up again.

Picked up this white R35, always wanted to tick that GTR ownership. 32s were too old and needed lots of cash, the only 33 I wanted is a S3 Vspec and they are rare. No desire to pay drug money for a 34. So an automatic R35 was decided. I stalked the market for a couple of months, there are lots of fucked cars, they seemed to be cars that were made before 2011, when there was some power upgrades, and refinements to software and small things in the gearbox like some $40 clips.

This car was from QLDs, the owner was a Chinese kid, he had one for his wife and one for himself, she was stuck in China (early Feb during corona outbreak) when I was exchanging text with him. Managed to get him down to a reasonable price, subject to inspection. Everything went through fine, the car has an IPE valve exhaust midpipe back, and had been serviced by GT autosound, seemed to have used hks oil, and filters shit like that. It was serviced properly with new tyres, AP brake disc, endless mx72 pads and the trans oil serviced 2 months prior to sale.

Took a week to ship down, I picked it up from the depot and first impressions were pretty good. Haven't driven a fast car in a while, felt scary as. Couple of plans ahead to make it more stanced, no plans to track the car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	7167898
    Last edited by im_boostn; 27-07-20, 10:15 AM.

Name:	
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	7167905Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	7168073Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	265.1 KB
ID:	7168074Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	7168075Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	7168076Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	341.4 KB
ID:	7168077
    Attached Files
    Last edited by im_boostn; 27-07-20, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Nice nice.. love these.. Chinese sellers are the best cars to buy from

But yeah, looking at the price of R32 GTR these days.. I can see why a 35 makes a lot more sense. Only thing that scares me on these is the replacement cost of a gearbox or engine rebuild.
      RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

I bought my last car on chinese new year. Remember to make an offer with an 8 in it...
        Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
          I bought my last car on chinese new year. Remember to make an offer with an 8 in it...
          There were 2 8's in the final price

Comment

QUOTE=im_boostn;n7167988]

There were 2 8's in the final price[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Lobster; 26-07-20, 10:33 PM.
            Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

So $88.00??? Nice

Comment

Stanced. R35. Does not compute?

Comment

Getting airbags and liberty walk kit one day.

Comment

I went for my first drive in a R35 GTR a couple of years ago. It was a grey import 2009 that had been tuned on e85 with no other mods and made 600hp. I was amazed at how quickly the car shrunk around me. The performance of the gearbox and brakes made me want one in an instant. It felt better in every way than my 700hp 33.

It was for sale at $85k and I was very bloody tempted. Sadly for the owner, he popped the gearbox while taking a buyer for a test drive and it ended up costing him an obscene amount of money to get fixed ( twice ). Ended up selling it for $55k. I wouldn't buy pre 2011 either.

Can see one of these in my garage at some stage.
                    The World's Best Pest Control in Brisbane, at PF mates rates, PM me.

when all else fails, hit it harder.

Comment

Post 2011 they fixed a lot of issues which regards to gearbox popping and refinement like higher res MFD, bigger brakes, nvh and interior falling apart.

Agree how things shrink around you when accelerating. First time I used launch control, I've never far in a car that launched so hard and well. It just does things much easier, after market support is massive with these things.

I picked up a couple more stuff and working through them now before I'm back to work next week. Will update thread with more wallet punishing exercise.

Comment

Get that fucker tunned down at racepace
                        Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

Comment

Originally posted by fatz View Post
                          Get that fucker tunned down at racepace
                          It's running good at the moment lol
                          Maybe when I get it built for 1000hp they can have a go...

They're 15 minutes from my place.

Comment

Originally posted by im_boostn View Post
                            Picked up this white R35,

Name:	Jeff-Bridges-Spits-Out-Drink.gif
Views:	408
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	7168322

Here you were with all this talk about American muscle cars, then, BAM! R35.

I think you made a good decision. Those upgrade will make scary fast even more frightening.
                            Sent from my shed, trapped under a collapsed QuickJack, via Tapatalk

Comment

I went to check out a couple of "completed' American muscle but they were really expensive (for what they were?) The market was peaking and the ones I really liked were sold/too much., then looked at some 911s as well as R8 and gaylardos but after test driving an R35. My mind was made up lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X