MC Blade Master G in da house y'all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MC Blade Master G in da house y'all!

After 13 weeks at sea, my 2007 Blade Master G is due to hit Aussie soil tomorrow. Unfortunately, like the transport, it is looking like the compliance process is also going to take 4x the normal time period to sort out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	oeb0cd84532be2d524abc8ba041a75fa4_49150034_200613_0109.jpg
Views:	1161
Size:	501.2 KB
ID:	7183204Click image for larger version

Name:	oeb0cd84532be2d524abc8ba041a75fa4_49150034_200613_0117.jpg
Views:	1155
Size:	484.1 KB
ID:	7183205Click image for larger version

Name:	oeb0cd84532be2d524abc8ba041a75fa4_49286884_200615_0023.jpg
Views:	1178
Size:	442.8 KB
ID:	7183203

While I think it'll be plenty of fun straight out of the box, an extra couple of days at DaleCunt's workshop won't make that much difference after an 18 week wait. Apart from a new tune, is there anything you can do to a 2GR-FE that's quick and easy?

I like the sleeper look, but dislike the silver so I am considering getting a wrap which is $3300 up here in FNQ. Any PF hookups in Sydney or up the coast with better value?

Is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

This is too cool.

Torque steer is the new black!

Be interested to read your inital reports on what these are like.
    "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Awesome, keen to hear what its like to live with.

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post
        Torque steer is the new black!
        It has radar cruise control, and while it is not mentioned in the specs, I suspect auto-lane change under acceleration is a feature.
        Is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

Comment

I recently got the more family oriented version of this, a Mark X Zio. Can get a new Y-pipe made for the exhaust secondaries to free things up a bit.

You'll also probably want to order a single piece vvti oil feed line 15772-31030 as some proactive maintenance. From factory it has a 2 piece line with rubber section, the rubber splits and proceeds to empty the sump. Fairly easy to change on these compared to an Aurion due to the Blade having elec power steering so there's no hydraulic pump in the way

Comment

Originally posted by jasonp1977 View Post
            I recently got the more family oriented version of this, a Mark X Zio. Can get a new Y-pipe made for the exhaust secondaries to free things up a bit.

You'll also probably want to order a single piece vvti oil feed line 15772-31030 as some proactive maintenance. From factory it has a 2 piece line with rubber section, the rubber splits and proceeds to empty the sump. Fairly easy to change on these compared to an Aurion due to the Blade having elec power steering so there's no hydraulic pump in the way
            Cheers. I read about the oil feed line when I first ordered the car, but that was 3 months ago and I'd forgotten all about it - thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Orange View Post
              Unfortunately, like the transport, it is looking like the compliance process is also going to take 4x the normal time period to sort out.
              I was told that the "new SEVS" is somewhat more time consuming than the old system, something about a 20 working day wait for some paperwork or something?

My transport experience is pretty similar with the Aristo, the auction was won way back in mid June, and I'm not even sure where it is at the moment :-)
              Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

Comment

Good pick, looks like some half-decent wheels and rubber on it for starters

The rear lights are apparently a direct swap for the equivalent model Corolla if the silver-stripey look isn’t your thing

Theres also some aftermarket suspension bits available as these were geared more towards a soft ride than handling (if that matters)

Enjoy the horse cock handbrake too haha (09 or ‘10 went to foot brake)
                Last edited by perthdrivers.txt; 05-10-20, 02:28 AM.
                Originally posted by Jim
                I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Babalouie View Post

I was told that the "new SEVS" is somewhat more time consuming than the old system, something about a 20 working day wait for some paperwork or something?

My transport experience is pretty similar with the Aristo, the auction was won way back in mid June, and I'm not even sure where it is at the moment :-)
                  I have been told to expect "at least 4 weeks" for the compliance process. I was also told the NSW compliance plates are made in Victoria and I don't know if that will cause an additional delay.

As for transport experience, the lack of communication has been the most disappointing part of the process. "Hey, thanks for the payment, we'll give you a status update in 2 weeks!" was the last email I got from them. I recently started pressing the point and got random uncommitted replies before the shipping company themselves sent me an email Wednesday evening saying "Hey, your car's landing in 5 days, here's a pile of paperwork that needs filling in". Why they couldn't have sent it months ago, I do not know. I forwarded that to the importers which seemed to clear out the clogged email pipework and the communications flowed freely again. I was sent a reminder 6pm Friday evening telling me they need the paperwork for when it lands on Monday. So I printed, signed, scanned and sent the paperwork only to get an automated reply informing me that Monday is a public holiday.

In hindsight, I had not realised I had the shipper's contact details buried deeply in the convoluted email trail and could have approached them directly for updates.

Comment

So is this going through the Iron Chef/Import Revolution combo?

Import Revolution outsourced the SEV's stuff on mine to Motorman in QLD, who couldn't have done a more half-arsed job on the compliance if they tried. I had to chase Iron Chef and Motorman to get the missing stickers/owners manuals etc. and NFI what happened to the second smart key so I deleted it with techstream and grabbed a 2nd hand one from a RAV4 to program in

The Import Approval plate/sticker itself didn't take very long at all out of Vic, less than a week back in July, but I understood the first Blade to be brought in would take a bit longer to get through the process
                    Last edited by jasonp1977; 05-10-20, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Glad to see this is finally about to arrive.
                      Short of what JP said re: the oil feed pipe, there's not a lot more that you need to do to it. That pipe is only about $50 at retail, and it doesn't look like this shoehorned version of the donk has the same problem as the RWD versions with oil cooler pipes splitting - as in, it doesn't have an oil cooler.

Bright fuck off pink wrap?
                      Also, TRD Hilux/Aurion blower, when?
                      Last edited by Cock Fist; 05-10-20, 09:30 AM.
                      Swedish Soot Chucker
                      Orange Accident KE10

Comment

Never heard of it, but that's cool and surely even low boost would make it rather ridiculous! Nice one!
                        Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jasonp1977 View Post
                          So is this going through the Iron Chef/Import Revolution combo?

but I understood the first Blade to be brought in would take a bit longer to get through the process
                          Yeah, Iron Chef, but Import Revolution hasn't appeared on any emails. My compliance is being done in NSW rather than QLD which is a PITA considering it is a QLD final address. And there's another blade in NSW currently going through the process.

Originally posted by piss98 View Post
                          Never heard of it, but that's cool and surely even low boost would make it rather ridiculous! Nice one!
                          A 3.5L donk in a FWD Corolla - I am not sure it needs boost to be rather ridiculous.
                          Last edited by Dark Orange; 05-10-20, 09:48 AM.

Comment

full service, all filters, plugs - iridium badboys - they go forever on fucked plugs. inlet gasket, trans fluid brake fluid. as said freer flowing exhaust and a decent filter setup withcold air feed if you want some racket. id also calibrate the speedo using a decent scan tool, they can be upto 9kmh out. does it have paddle shifts?
                            I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
                            WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
                            robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloth View Post
                              full service, all filters, plugs - iridium badboys - they go forever on fucked plugs. inlet gasket, trans fluid brake fluid. as said freer flowing exhaust and a decent filter setup withcold air feed if you want some racket. id also calibrate the speedo using a decent scan tool, they can be upto 9kmh out. does it have paddle shifts?
                              Cheers. Yeah, flappy paddles, although the reviews I have read claim they just make a suggetsion to the box rather than an order.

Comment

Working...
                              X