Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harreh
    replied
    Haven't really updated this as there hasn't been anything too exciting going on, a few more tuning drives have been done. More firmware updates from HTG have made somethings better, some things worse. It's a frustrating time for a lot of the GCU owners right now and I'm hoping it will get better.

It's not a bad product or bad group of people running the show, but they are well and truly out of their depth right now scrambling to deliver more.

I've spent the last few weeks getting the car ready for the track, suspension setup and aligned, tyres sorted. Its looking like the spring rates supplied by BC are too soft as feared. I will see how it performs on the track but right now I expect over the supersprint series I probably wont have the appetite to change these, I also expect a significant amount of repairs, changes and alterations will be needed after finding all the teething issues this weekend.

I made up an aluminium undertray as the OEM one doesn't fit well with the new CSL bar, installed the rear wing, put the harness in.

Car drives well, handles better than I expected despite being undersprung.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	37 Size:	1.71 MB ID:	7244336
    Last edited by Harreh; 15-04-21, 03:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    Not gonna lie, it's pretty cool to drive.

Leave a comment:

• Harreh
    replied
    I'm still running the OEM ECU so blips are a bit of a hassle right now.

Yeah HTG are really struggling, I think they've really become a victim of their own success, they have the most advanced product on the market right now by a long shot but are struggling to keep their heads above water.

Leave a comment:

• bboy
    replied
    That's sounding pretty damn good! I was expecting downshift blips, but I'm sure that will come

The HTG fb group has been going off lately with people crying about the software... makes me a bit nervous.

Great work though. Looking forward to seeing track vids

Leave a comment:

• Harreh
    replied
    Been a while since updates, lots of things have moved on the car. Mostly boring under the skin type stuff. We've been doing some road tuning with the HTG controller which has been slow, painful and has tested the diff.

Lots of compression lockups, gearbox collisions and clutch dump shifts however we've made some progress despite the last two firmware updates adding in horrible bugs, particularly around clutch takeup.

I'll have an update soon around the car itself but I figure half the people watching this are watching for gearbox videos so here it is. Road tuning with Vito

Leave a comment:

• YBS1OW
    replied
    great work!

Leave a comment:

• Harreh
    replied
    So the car works, sort of. Clutch pickup isn't tuned and the shifts are still a bit sloppy but it's getting much better.

The new idler pulley I purchased had a dud casting which caused the pulley to sit at a slight angle which resulted in a dead belt and water pump pulley so that needs to be fixed now, but otherwise everything is operating

Leave a comment:

• mrkebabs
    replied
    Impressive results! Keen to see the K20 mated to it down the track.

​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Euronymous
    replied
    Good stuff dude, making some solid progress!
    also see the starlet in the backround, good to see its still lurking around.
    Last edited by Euronymous; 05-02-21, 10:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Harreh
    replied
    Few challenges again, gearbox had to come out due to the internal temperature sensor wire earthing out on the gearbox casing. However the box is back in and the car finally runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqqbC...ature=youtu.be

Takeup is rough and the shift from first two second is brutal, but I can tune that more this weekend. The brand new idler tensioner I purchased also appears to have a dud casting which has been causing the belt to slap around, which will need to be fixed. Oil cooler for the gearbox is installed and the exhaust is fully fabricated

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0631.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	934.1 KB ID:	7223303Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0634.JPG Views:	0 Size:	293.6 KB ID:	7223304Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0719.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	951.1 KB ID:	7223306Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0740.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	938.4 KB ID:	7223307Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0729.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	968.4 KB ID:	7223310
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Harreh
    replied
    So yesterday I got the gearbox selecting gears and actuating clutches when up in the air - we had some software issues that held it up for a few days but it appears all my wiring is correct at this stage.

I installed the new shortened driveshaft which was done by Driveline services australia, rollcage has been returned from AGI and repaired by them to fit correctly. Exhaust is mostly tacked up and ready to be dropped down and welded up completely.

Next steps will be to start calibrating the gearbox. I also reached out to Beavis who designed the original shifter I'm using and got the files so I can strengthen the base a bit to suit my needs a little better, so I'll get that installed next then start playing with the GCU software to get the pickup points and the myriad of other tables configured.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0665.JPEG
Views:	485
Size:	824.9 KB
ID:	7220353Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0692.JPEG
Views:	493
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	7220354Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0669.JPEG
Views:	482
Size:	864.9 KB
ID:	7220355Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0703.JPEG
Views:	488
Size:	923.6 KB
ID:	7220356Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0688.JPEG
Views:	486
Size:	958.0 KB
ID:	7220357Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0686.JPEG
Views:	482
Size:	673.3 KB
ID:	7220358

Leave a comment:

• bbeavis
    replied
    Excited to see what you do with that shifter. :-)

Leave a comment:

• bboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Harreh View Post
    but why stop burning money now?
    That's the right attitude!

Good progress, she'll be running in no time

Leave a comment:

• Harreh
    replied
    Gearbox mount is mostly fabricated now, the box section is temporarily standing in until we can get some round tube in its place at the two mounting points on the chassis are at different heights. The box output flange and the diff input flange are both at 0 degrees relative to each other and measurements end to end have been taken so I expect this should be fine.

Name:	IMG_0582.JPEG
Views:	650
Size:	917.5 KB
ID:	7215274Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0585.JPEG
Views:	646
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	7215276Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0586.JPEG
Views:	642
Size:	847.1 KB
ID:	7215279

After 3 months of waiting from AGI the halfcage finally arrived, however it appears that its about 2" too narrow to actually fit as per their instructions.

Name:	IMG_0592.JPEG
Views:	646
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	7215277Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0594.JPEG
Views:	641
Size:	863.4 KB
ID:	7215275

More tidying on the wiring was done today and I hooked up the CAN Bus but I cannot see any data, I don't believe it requires a termination as it is not the final point in the bus, rather it ties in to where the OEM ECU goes into the cabin, however I could be wrong on this and will put a 120ohm resistor in.

Name:	IMG_0602.JPEG
Views:	650
Size:	939.5 KB
ID:	7215278

I didn't get any screenshots of the valve test results as the software doesnt scale well on lower resolution screens however the valve test results all appear to be in spec which is great.

GCU still needs some inputs wired up such as a selector switch, as well as the shifter. I also need to source an oil cooler and make up the lines for that, seems to be a bit harder to get one with -8 fittings at price points I like but why stop burning money now?

Leave a comment:

• Harreh
    replied
    Gearbox went in today with a little trimming of the casting, nothing major needed other than a small amount of massaging on the trans tunnel in a few select spots, foamy was very happy to get the grinder out finally.

Name:	IMG_0500.JPEG
Views:	717
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	7212345Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0501.JPEG
Size:	968.7 KB
ID:	7212343
    Oil cooler adapter installed on the gearbox

Name:	IMG_0498.JPEG
Views:	710
Size:	895.7 KB
ID:	7212347

Box in situ

Name:	IMG_0502.JPEG
Views:	711
Size:	945.8 KB
ID:	7212341Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0504.JPEG
Views:	712
Size:	851.4 KB
ID:	7212340

Tailshaft needs to get measured after we finalize making the new trans mount, from there I can finish the wiring once my crimping tool arrives and start playing around with the box config.

Also 3d printed a bracket for the GCU since the people smart enough to design and program such a complex controller we not smart enough to make any method of mounting it to a surface

Name:	IMG_0509.JPEG
Size:	799.0 KB
ID:	7212339

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X