Whoops. How did that happen? KE10 Weekend Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoops. How did that happen? KE10 Weekend Cruiser

Wasn't even looking for a project, but kinda fell into this today..

'69 KE10 Corolla
    3K motor, bored out, 5K pistons
    Unknown cam - 3KB maybe?
    3KB Head & Twin Down Draft Carbs
    K50 5 Speed box
    KE20 Front Struts
    KE30 Front Subframe
    KE30 Hubs, Discs/Calipers

Last registered 2007. Had the paint job done a couple years prior. Has sat in a shed since then and suffered a few bumps and scratches since then, with some rust trying to come up through the paint. All in all though, it looks reasonable.

Interior is missing a few bits - needs pillar trims, passenger seat is ripped, needs a horn button and the under-dash parcel shelf is missing. A few things need putting back together too, such as the fan controls, and a stereo and speakers need to be added into the appropriate holes.
    Exterior is pretty complete bar a mirror on the driver's door, and the bonnet chrome trim which is there but missing a clip. Also missing a couple of chrome strips around the front windscreen.
    Mechanically, it needs fuel lines in the bay (had one start to leak when I was checking it out - patched it up for now though), a temp sender for the gauge, and a birthday of fluids, filters and plugs.

Starts and drives really well. Carbs need some work though - doesn't idle without 60% choke.
    Loads of low down torque. Just wants to spin the tyres on the dirt roads I drove it on with only a breath on the throttle.

Plans are to clean it up, give it the few things it needs, throw it on Special Interest rego and drive it on the weekend, then slowly improve upon things.

If anyone has any bits that I've listed it as needing, hit me up. I have some spares with it that I could trade for if you're needing some stuff (panels and glass).

Sorting out a tow or permit to drive it home in the next couple of days.
    Attached Files
    Swedish Soot Chucker
    Orange Accident KE10

Honest honey.... it just followed me home...........

Comment

This looks like a very cool thing. Looking forward to seeing how far the project escalates.
      Norbie!

Comment

At least it's small. You can just hide it on a shelf somewhere and the nopics may not notice it.

Nice score.
        I'm not straight outta Compton, I'm straight out the trailer.

Comment

What a little gem you have stumbled across

Bet it weighs about 7 kgs too hahaha

Comment

Nice, such cool little cars...and I mean little
            GT8
            1UZ Celica
            1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Nice, I really like these..

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
              2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Love it... and have a KE10 on my car bucket list (when one pops up).

Had a dark green factory spec KE10 many years ago, with a 2 speed ToyoGlide... complimented with 4 wheel drum brakes. It was slow to accelerate, and just as slow to get back to zero. Was a cool little cruiser!

Comment

Worst thing i did to my ke35 was stiffen it up, keep it soft and wollowy and have a blast
                    www.holditflat.com

Comment

Originally posted by schnitzelburger View Post
                      Worst thing i did to my ke35 was stiffen it up, keep it soft and wollowy and have a blast
                      Agreed....I used to love the droop that my KE25 and KE35 had, especally through the twisty stuff....I called it the ultimate in compliance

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie View Post
                        This looks like a very cool thing. Looking forward to seeing how far the project escalates.
                        Oh, it will escalate. I have a tendancy to go over the top when given the chance.
                        Already contemplating a respray even though it's more than acceptable as is.

Originally posted by Speedyblue View Post
                        At least it's small. You can just hide it on a shelf somewhere and the nopics may not notice it.

Nice score.
                        Oh, she has already noticed.

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post
                        What a little gem you have stumbled across

Bet it weighs about 7 kgs too hahaha
                        Yeah it's not heavy at all. Hilarious fun even with the ~60kW.

Originally posted by JCM View Post
                        Love it... and have a KE10 on my car bucket list (when one pops up).

Had a dark green factory spec KE10 many years ago, with a 2 speed ToyoGlide... complimented with 4 wheel drum brakes. It was slow to accelerate, and just as slow to get back to zero. Was a cool little cruiser!
                        The 2 speed is what put me off these when I've had the opportunity in the past. When this came up with the engine work and the 5 speed it seemed like a very good combo. The brakes work quite well given they're not boosted either.
                        Originally posted by schnitzelburger View Post
                        This is a nice in between. It's stiffer, but not completely wollowy. It'll bouce over bumps, but you can feel it trying to continue straight when you throw it into a turn.

Back to the respray thing... does anyone else think the orange that this is painted in looks like the KE2x orange (paint code 308)? Old mate doesn't know what it was, and it's not the original colour (of course).
                        Last edited by Cock Fist; 28-12-20, 08:26 AM.
                        Swedish Soot Chucker
                        Orange Accident KE10

Comment

Nice find!
                          I think it looks a bit too red for the ke20 orange, can be hard to tell by the pics though. The old charger orange was always a popular one I wonder if it's that 🤔
                          meh

Comment

Love it!

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Comment

Originally posted by Cock Fist View Post
                              Back to the respray thing... does anyone else think the orange that this is painted in looks like the KE2x orange (paint code 308)? Old mate doesn't know what it was, and it's not the original colour (of course).
                              I agree with Nitephyre...its more red than the KE2X Orange, which was borderline poo brown, although the laptop screen may be playing tricks on our eyes...

Comment

Working...
                              X