Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New daily. Maybe. Who knows. It was free.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New daily. Maybe. Who knows. It was free.

I don't want to ride motorcycles through another Canberran winter, my E21 is ready for panelbeating and my E24 is.. who knows.

Didn't even want a BMW. Told a wrecker mate I want a car for winter and this thing turns up.

All i'm going to do is document this long winded journey to the scrap heap. I guess I saved it once.

Delightful.

316i
    Automatic (going in the bin)
    New alternator (doesn't charge)
    Came with a new radiator, promising?

It's been sitting since 2017 i'd say judging by the rego papers.

Both power windows don't work and the passenger ones been open a bit... for a while

Lovely.

Yeah, i'm not even going to begin to work on it when it's like that.

Bonus

So it begins.

Unsure on plans. It's going to be used on various track days and skin pan days and generally be beaten along the streets, so some kind of conversion I assume? Who knows. Plan is to get it fixed and on the road first.
    Last edited by FioriGuy; 02-02-21, 09:11 PM.

Originally posted by FioriGuy View Post
    /Unsure on plans. It's going to be used on various track days and skin pan days and generally be beaten along the streets, so some kind of conversion I assume? Who knows. Plan is to get it fixed and on the road first.
    -new daily
    - plans to track it and convert it

Godspeed sir, carry on!
    Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
    Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

e30 bolts over the top.... just sayin'....

sell it to me for SFA when your over it.
      .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Nice score

And with all the coins, you have already made profit from it.

Looking forward to seeing how you transform the interior, and no doubt, the exterior. It looks like it will scrub up well

Comment

I think you paid too much for this car.

Comment

Needs more LS
            "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
            (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
            Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Awesome, hope you are using gloves and a mask lol! You need to call this "Chamrmalagene (whatever it says) Mug"
              Originally posted by The Property Guru
              don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
              Originally posted by oxy
              No, that's asians
              A80 Supra
              80 Landcruiser

Comment

Following. I'm interested to see how well you can turn around something like this on the cheap.

How's the engine bay?

Comment

gt30 the stock motor. for reasons.

also - godspeed!
                  I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
                  WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
                  robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Should come up mint at the rate you're going with the clean up. I vote for some BB5 LM wheels and lots of low.
                    Kebabhunter

Comment

Haha nice, looks like some cunt busted a nut on the door trim. Basically driving around a used condom.
                      But for free id take it even if it had a group of homeless guys fucking in it.

should see if you can sell any unwanted bits of it and try and get it going with the cash it provides a la 13s for 1300.

Comment

Seeing this car gives me flashbacks to the real estate boom in the mid 2000's. Every 21 yr old RE agent had one of these on lease and a shiny Lowes suit, lecturing you about their business genius.

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
                          Needs more LS
                          Wrecker mate had an LS1 VT wagon a few weeks ago, they go quick (obviously...) but if he gets another one he'll do me a good price in exchange for not fucking him around. Will see what pops up, the bigger BMW motors are too expensive due to drift kids blowing them up, unless he gets one cheap...

Originally posted by MR-PUNANNY View Post
                          Awesome, hope you are using gloves and a mask lol! You need to call this "Chamrmalagene (whatever it says) Mug"
                          Yeah, I don't want HIV.

Hey if you want it, you can have it. I'll cop the postage even...

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
                          Following. I'm interested to see how well you can turn around something like this on the cheap.

How's the engine bay?
                          Standard fare...

Originally posted by mrkebabs View Post
                          Should come up mint at the rate you're going with the clean up. I vote for some BB5 LM wheels and lots of low.
                          I picked these up for $100

I swear it's like drugs, gives you the car for nothing but then every time they buy another BMW for scrap it's like "hey do you want these... they're cheap..."

Way worse condition than the wheels that are on it, but as the tyres on both sets are good i'm hoping I can sell the wheels that are on it to some struggling kid who needs tyres and use that to pay for supplies so I can fix the battle scars and repaint them. Could be fun.

Originally posted by Euronymous View Post
                          Haha nice, looks like some cunt busted a nut on the door trim. Basically driving around a used condom.
                          But for free id take it even if it had a group of homeless guys fucking in it.

should see if you can sell any unwanted bits of it and try and get it going with the cash it provides a la 13s for 1300.
                          13's aren't much chop anymore, I need to keep ahead of kids in their mums Teslas, so maybe 10's for 10k? Probably 12's for $20k. Lifetime of regret for $30k?

Comment

So I need to pull the interior out to remove all this tobacco ash and stuff. A part of this is removing the heater box, so out comes the front cowl.

HVAC filters.... yum

Before:

After:

I can't put all that together again until I get the new carpet installed (Spac has a black interior for me) so that's how it is currently.

Took days to get the interior out due to the stupid German Engineering

Struggled through without having to cut the carpet in the end though

Ugh

Me mate Henry had to swap the nose beers out for some nose durries, no good

Interior had all the HVAC stuff pulled, it was washed/wiped/washed/spray 'n wiped/put back together/washed again/wiped again and then HVAC stuff was put back in.

That's where we are today.

Oh, also gave (one side of it) a wash (other sides too close to the fence, need to move it)

Only real scratching I can see is this. This car has been looked after in a previous life.

Last edited by FioriGuy; 08-02-21, 11:01 AM.

Comment

This has so much win.

I love a good, solid car in need of TLC and servicing.
                              "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Working...
                              X