Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New daily. Maybe. Who knows. It was free.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by FioriGuy View Post

    I think that’s the first time it hasn’t been a BMW that gave it away…
    Actually I had it in my mind you lived over Red Hill way. On the way back saw the blue E36. I should try to drop over some time.

    Currently chasing water leaks in my E46, fucken! Click image for larger version

Name:	20210625_134103.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	3.83 MB
ID:	7266552
    Last edited by dsm2002; 30-06-21, 04:28 PM.

    Comment


      Originally posted by dsm2002 View Post

      Actually I had it in my mind you lived over Red Hill way. On the way back saw the blue E36. I should try to drop over some time.

      Currently chasing water leaks in my E46, fucken! Click image for larger version  Name:	20210625_134103.jpg Views:	8 Size:	3.83 MB ID:	7266552
      damn, just scrapped an entire car! Red hill is mums place.

      Sloth I have enough storage problems as is heh.
      Last edited by FioriGuy; 30-06-21, 04:57 PM.

      Comment


        Is the jag the one some towie had?

        Comment


          Originally posted by mad_cow View Post
          Is the jag the one some towie had?
          Yerp, Jason Bailey, his back is featured on the last page

          Comment


            Originally posted by FioriGuy View Post

            Yerp, Jason Bailey, his back is featured on the last page
            Damn I thought so. I was gonna grab it.

            Comment


              Originally posted by mad_cow View Post

              Damn I thought so. I was gonna grab it.
              Feel free to come check it out if you still do. It's... not a walk in the park, but it's salvageable. All the hot rodders want the rear end out of it and it's too good for that, but it's also not all that good either.

              Comment


                That's not the rear end that the rodders want, it's a generation too new. Do any of the door handles still work?
                Originally posted by Marlin
                Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by FioriGuy View Post

                  Feel free to come check it out if you still do. It's... not a walk in the park, but it's salvageable. All the hot rodders want the rear end out of it and it's too good for that, but it's also not all that good either.

                  Was thinking is it LS suitable.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Faux Forg View Post
                    That's not the rear end that the rodders want, it's a generation too new. Do any of the door handles still work?
                    Dammit! Oh well.

                    They all work funnily enough, except rear passenger side only works from the outside

                    Originally posted by mad_cow
                    Was thinking is it LS suitable
                    I was thinking more Barra as… 4 litre straight six but sure, an LS could work too.

                    Not the first time a small block Chev has ended up in a Jag heh

                    Comment


                      The car has a weird musty smell but the actual interior is strangely dry and ok

                      hmm.

                      check the boot and it’s full of water… argh.

                      Huston we have a problem…



                      it’s rusted through and is letting a stream of water through the boot. It’s only a single sheet of metal…

                      stripped it all out



                      loaded it up with vinegar to kill the mould (reused that spray bottle it’s not bbq cleaner anymore)



                      I threw all of the bad underlay in the bin, it’s not hard to buy new underlay.

                      this bit, after vinegar, was put through the washing machine. Smells nice and normal now and is clean.



                      the rest has been soaked in vinegar solution, unsure what I’ll do next.

                      the rest of the boot isn’t all that bad, just one one bit up top. Won’t be hard to grind it out and fix it properly



                      seems someone had an attempt at repair once before.



                      weird place to start, but having the car watertight again will help majorly as far as stopping any interior damage getting worse. I lived in the UK for ages, rust like this meh no problems.

                      Comment


                        AHAHAH i awaited the omg etf bbq that rusts mental. then relaised your used to pommy rust. its like the delta strain of rust.
                        I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
                        WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
                        robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

                        Comment


                          Not only that. Scottish rust!

                          Comment


                            Be careful you don't go spending too much time on the Jag. $6k will buy a pretty nice XJ40 that's all ready to hop in and drive. Or, less than $2k if you're willing to be a swede.
                            Originally posted by Marlin
                            Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Faux Forg View Post
                              Be careful you don't go spending too much time on the Jag. $6k will buy a pretty nice XJ40 that's all ready to hop in and drive. Or, less than $2k if you're willing to be a swede.
                              Yuh - I’m just messing with it to practise things like patch panel creation and TIG and stuff, I’m not actually restoring it or anything. This way I can be a noob and not care too much.

                              Give me a list of parts you want off it, like the E38 V8 I had, I am known to have a change of heart and scrap things with no remorse - I’m not wrecking it but if I do have a sudden change of heart I’ll at least pull some bits first

                              Comment


                                tell you hwhat

                                whoever invented driveways with grass in the middle needs to have just... not



                                got it out in the end



                                then i went and obtained some wierd cylindrical boxes



                                surprise! it's schnitzels



                                they're E24 fitment and were destined for it but i'll throw them on the coupe instead

                                oh yeah the 320Ci got a new PCV system and another new coil, no pictures though as thats boring.

                                if yet another coil fails i'll just buy 4 and replace the 4 remaining ones

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X