Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New daily. Maybe. Who knows. It was free.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FioriGuy View Post

I think that’s the first time it hasn’t been a BMW that gave it away…
    Actually I had it in my mind you lived over Red Hill way. On the way back saw the blue E36. I should try to drop over some time.

Currently chasing water leaks in my E46, fucken! Click image for larger version

Name:	20210625_134103.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	3.83 MB
ID:	7266552
    Last edited by dsm2002; 30-06-21, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dsm2002 View Post

Actually I had it in my mind you lived over Red Hill way. On the way back saw the blue E36. I should try to drop over some time.

Currently chasing water leaks in my E46, fucken! Click image for larger version  Name:	20210625_134103.jpg Views:	8 Size:	3.83 MB ID:	7266552
      damn, just scrapped an entire car! Red hill is mums place.

Sloth I have enough storage problems as is heh.
      Last edited by FioriGuy; 30-06-21, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Is the jag the one some towie had?

Comment

Originally posted by mad_cow View Post
          Is the jag the one some towie had?
          Yerp, Jason Bailey, his back is featured on the last page

Comment

Yerp, Jason Bailey, his back is featured on the last page
            Damn I thought so. I was gonna grab it.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_cow View Post

Damn I thought so. I was gonna grab it.
              Feel free to come check it out if you still do. It's... not a walk in the park, but it's salvageable. All the hot rodders want the rear end out of it and it's too good for that, but it's also not all that good either.

Comment

That's not the rear end that the rodders want, it's a generation too new. Do any of the door handles still work?
                Originally posted by Marlin
                Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Comment

Feel free to come check it out if you still do. It's... not a walk in the park, but it's salvageable. All the hot rodders want the rear end out of it and it's too good for that, but it's also not all that good either.

Was thinking is it LS suitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Faux Forg View Post
                    That's not the rear end that the rodders want, it's a generation too new. Do any of the door handles still work?
                    Dammit! Oh well.

They all work funnily enough, except rear passenger side only works from the outside

Originally posted by mad_cow
                    Was thinking is it LS suitable
                    I was thinking more Barra as… 4 litre straight six but sure, an LS could work too.

Not the first time a small block Chev has ended up in a Jag heh

Comment

The car has a weird musty smell but the actual interior is strangely dry and ok

hmm.

check the boot and it’s full of water… argh.

Huston we have a problem…

it’s rusted through and is letting a stream of water through the boot. It’s only a single sheet of metal…

stripped it all out

loaded it up with vinegar to kill the mould (reused that spray bottle it’s not bbq cleaner anymore)

I threw all of the bad underlay in the bin, it’s not hard to buy new underlay.

this bit, after vinegar, was put through the washing machine. Smells nice and normal now and is clean.

the rest has been soaked in vinegar solution, unsure what I’ll do next.

the rest of the boot isn’t all that bad, just one one bit up top. Won’t be hard to grind it out and fix it properly

seems someone had an attempt at repair once before.

weird place to start, but having the car watertight again will help majorly as far as stopping any interior damage getting worse. I lived in the UK for ages, rust like this meh no problems.

Comment

AHAHAH i awaited the omg etf bbq that rusts mental. then relaised your used to pommy rust. its like the delta strain of rust.
                        I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
                        WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
                        robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Not only that. Scottish rust!

Comment

Be careful you don't go spending too much time on the Jag. $6k will buy a pretty nice XJ40 that's all ready to hop in and drive. Or, less than $2k if you're willing to be a swede.
                            Originally posted by Marlin
                            Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Comment

Originally posted by Faux Forg View Post
                              Be careful you don't go spending too much time on the Jag. $6k will buy a pretty nice XJ40 that's all ready to hop in and drive. Or, less than $2k if you're willing to be a swede.
                              Yuh - I’m just messing with it to practise things like patch panel creation and TIG and stuff, I’m not actually restoring it or anything. This way I can be a noob and not care too much.

Give me a list of parts you want off it, like the E38 V8 I had, I am known to have a change of heart and scrap things with no remorse - I’m not wrecking it but if I do have a sudden change of heart I’ll at least pull some bits first

Comment

tell you hwhat

whoever invented driveways with grass in the middle needs to have just... not

got it out in the end

then i went and obtained some wierd cylindrical boxes

surprise! it's schnitzels

they're E24 fitment and were destined for it but i'll throw them on the coupe instead

oh yeah the 320Ci got a new PCV system and another new coil, no pictures though as thats boring.

if yet another coil fails i'll just buy 4 and replace the 4 remaining ones

Comment

Working...
                                X