Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New daily. Maybe. Who knows. It was free.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More on the trumpy please.....

Comment

huh. while trying to find triumph pics i found one of when the E21 was the daily:

2012 or so i think?

so pretty much, i stopped daily driving the E21 because it was down on compression, bad rings. it came off the road to have the motor rebuilt, but that took... months and months. i'd enlisted lennock motors (dealership here) to do it as... lennock motors sold the car new in 1977, and one of the techs there is an M10 nut.... and they still had all of the doco on the car. they had to go into the paper archives and scan a bunch of stuff, but hey they got it all. pretty funny having lennock source BMW parts from rolfe (a big competitor, local BMW mob here) but hey they got it done.

it's also why the car has a lot of work done at advanced tech automitive (a BMW shop here) as it's where the original owner started rating the car in 1986 or so. the cars only ever been serviced at lennock, rolfe or advanced tech (lennock lost BMW to rolfe in the early 80's)

anyway, triumph

so where were we

ah yes, i worse an onion on my belt, as it was the style at the time

hold on

yes

so, i couldn't drive the E21 anymore as the motor was in a million bits, and needed a new daily.

i had my sisters outlander to drive (she fucked off to melbourne) and it was fine, but... also kind of shit, so i went bike shopping

kinda looked around the shops and stuff, i wanted something new as i already had a car that was off the road for having work done so wanted something i didn't need to care about

didn't want something fast as i can't ride for shit

didn't want something japanese as thats boring

wasn't homo enough to own a harley

guy at the bike shop was like "we have a special edition bike, with an alocation of.... one"

so i plonked down a deposit on the spot and 3 days later a box arrived

and in the box

2014 triumph ace cafe special edition

88/250

guy was all like "this is a special edition, best to keep the miles off it blah blah"

so of course the chick i was banging at the time (and wish i still was, fish and get away scenario, don't tell the mrs that... actually she already knows but eh) decided to take a holiday up on the central coast that weekend (november 2014)

so naturally, picked it up on the wednesday

i dropped it off the next monday at 10am, 1500km's overdue for it's 1000km service as you do

so then i just rode it

and rode it

and rode it

and rode it....

used to do everything. midnight rides down the coast just to watch the sunrise, (never hit an animal somehow?) would ride it down to melbourne for good beer week, leave it in the middle of the CBD all week then jump back on and ride home, every year smash out the snowy ride and leave cunts that ride their gixxers 2 times a year in my dust... still need to do tassie on it, that's one bucket list item for it i have't done on it yet.

anyway, evenutally it hit 50k km's, and it needed a top end overhaul, so while that was happening i bought my current bike (i guess i am homo enough for a harley now)

and now i ride that

and now i am boring, with no life, tending to a fleet of junk.

anywho

harley has 25k km's on it, another 25km's and i dunno what i'll get. another harley maybe. or nothing. might even boil some blood and grab a livewire...

the triumph just seems to come out for the DGR these days.

oh and i go on a racetrack sometimes

its got cone engineering shorties
      2004 thruxton clipons (they went to bars in 2008 because people complained about their back... wtf, buy a bonnie then dickhead... it's a caff racer ffs not meant to be comfy)
      airbox delete
      british customs ECU remap
      ikon suspension on both ends
      honda 3 piston front calliper
      carbon fibre bodywork (i think mines the only carbon ace in the world? i had to have it made specially)

err probably heaps of other shit i forget.

and another E21 pic just because. 2018 i think?

i won't lie, one of the reasons i want the E21 factory fresh and original is becase i want to rock up at the dealership decked out like it's the 70's, drop my car off for a service and book it in as if it's a brand new car, seemingly unaware that it's not 1978 anymore and my car is now old and shit

why?

i don't know

too much time on my hands?

Last edited by FioriGuy; 02-08-21, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Nice bike is nice and good to see it getting used as it should.

And yes, rocking up full 70's spec in a full 70's spec automobile would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by PXL265 View Post
          And yes, rocking up full 70's spec in a full 70's spec automobile would be awesome.
          Inc hairdoo
          and talking lava lamps, slinkies and fondue sets

bravo - finally an update i can understand.....
          Last edited by 9triton; 03-08-21, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Lockdown fucking over everybody

Jaguar plans crushed

literally

i honoured the dearly departed by running its wheels on the coupe

Returned money to the Sydney buyer for the 2.5 donk

started stopping it down

I think it’s pretty damn clean inside.

stripped an oil pump bolt, good work…

send the sump off to be repaired (previous owner stripped the drain plug threads)

now waiting for a delivery of seals.

Comment

So many story lines here. So why was the jag send to scrap?

Comment

Jag wheels on the coupe remind me of guys who put chrome 12 slotters off their XD on their AU.
                Didn't you also have a Renault?

Comment

I don’t own the Renault, my uncle does - but well. It was my grandfathers car and we both spend time/money on it, I drive it a lot so yeah a lot of people think I own it because I’m always in it

Jag got crushed because I got bored waiting for Sydney lockdown to end so people can come and buy it. So I took the “get out of jail for no cost” option - also getting ready to pull the green car into the garage to put this new motor in meant I needed to move the Jag and the nopics is renovating the front garden so nowhere to put it really without juggling and eh

what else

oh, finished the compacts black trim conversion

still need to do some stuff with the parcel shelf and door trims but getting there. Installed new window regs too.

also coupes chilling with the E24 awaiting new suspension.

bilstein B14’s apparently. I just dropped it off and said “make low and ride good” so will see how it goes

the schnitzels copped Michelin pilot sports too. That was a fuck around, I didn’t realise they were 18’s on the back and 17’s on the front heh

Comment

Lockdown is when you sell cars, not crush cars. Or maybe that’s a melb thing.

Anyhoo, carry on! Looking forward to BMW M54 shenanigans.
                    Originally posted by Stix Z
                    i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
                    Originally posted by Jim
                    Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

unfortunantly i need seals to continue with my M52 refresh, and i don't know where to alocate money as i just spent $10k on a new heater, am having solar installed, that means new hot water system (to disconnect the house from $80 a quarter gas connection fee, cunts), need to juggle clutch parts for the E46 (autos dying quicker than anticipated), my phones fucked so i need a new one of those and i still need to pay for the E46 bilsteins... argh so holding off for a few weeks

oh yeah need to pay for the refresh of the manual box too.

in the meantime

so, these are E36 fogs i pulled off the first white car that went to scrap. at first, i thought they were just covers. some bloke offered me $20 for them, i said sure why not - cars going to scrap anyway

pull the "covers"

they're foglights someone has painted white...

right

so, the bracketry for the foglights does exist behind the compacts front bar, just no lights, only blanking plates

so hell, i have these foglights here, lets install them!

first i need to clean the paint off them, hmm.

internet tells me boiling vinegar will get them right off

so...

well that was useless

literally nothing happened

tried windex according to the internet

nothing.

nopics said try lemon

nothing.

tried scraping with a razor blade

ok this seems to work but also kind of sucks and may scratch the glass?

continued...

also tried polishing with gumption

kind of works, however there is still white dots everywhere

apparently 75C will help loosen the paint and make it fuck off, so i used my parts washer

that did abslutely fuck all except fill the lights with food water.

now im all out of ideas. more scratching with a razor blade i suppose.

Comment

Oven Cleaner.

Nail brush.

Acetone.

Done.

Then split them, clean up the insides send the reflectors to be recoated and love life again.
                        ---
                        Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

+1 to acetone
                          Last edited by mrkebabs; 15-08-21, 07:49 PM.
                          Kebabhunter

Comment

have you thought of paint stripper to remove the paint?

Comment

will hit it with acetone, damn nopics got new nail polish remover that is acetone free

yuh, i'm trying to do it without going out to buy more stuff though cause lockdown and all that

but i need to get some quick set cement anyway so eh

Comment

Originally posted by 9triton View Post
                                have you thought of paint stripper to remove the paint?
                                This guy’s a genius. Lol.

Magic sponge may work.
                                Originally posted by Stix Z
                                i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
                                Originally posted by Jim
                                Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

Working...
                                X