Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New daily. Maybe. Who knows. It was free.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9triton View Post
    have you thought of paint stripper to remove the paint?
    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
    Originally posted by nutttr
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Mek should get the paint off
      you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Comment

Nail polish remover even with acetone has fuck all acetone in it. If it’s rattle can paint then oven cleaner, into a black garbage bag, leave in the sun for an hour or two, wipe/brush off. The local Bumrings is generally out of Acetone for some reason.

---
        Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Tried this as yeah no bumrings etc 2 more weeks of being stuck here

not perfect

eh…

i have some turps in the shed. Might try that. This is taking too long.

Comment

This is all very interesting, but I need to know why someone would paint their fog light lenses white to begin with.
            Norbie!

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie View Post
              This is all very interesting, but I need to know why someone would paint their fog light lenses white to begin with.

Painting headlights - It was the fashion of the day, in mit fatherland

Click image for larger version  Name:	?u=https%3A%2F%2F1.bp.blogspot.com%2F-LECn2wslajA%2FWXXq6g3tn5I%2FAAAAAAAAA_8%2Fb7QHqH-r_tIGWQ-vAvNB1pCX_aUQR8IcACKgBGAs%2Fs1600%2FDSC_6179.JPG&f=1&nofb=1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.3 KB ID:	7282626Click image for larger version  Name:	?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.scale-model-kits.com%2Fimages%2Fproducts%2Frevell%2Frv03247.jpg&f=1&nofb=1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	325.7 KB ID:	7282627Click image for larger version  Name:	?u=https%3A%2F%2Fweb.ipmsusa3.org%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fimagecache%2Freview_cover_full%2Freviews%2Fgerman-staff-car-type-170v-cabriolet-b%2Fbox_art.jpg&f=1&nofb=1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.5 KB ID:	7282628
              "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post
                Painting headlights - It was the fashion of the day, in mit fatherland

HAHHA I was thinking that!

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie View Post
                  Someone fitted an M sport front bar (page 3) to a basement model 318i, and it was cheaper to paint then to add fog light wiring… or buying actual blanking plates

but confusingly more effort than just… not painting them

Comment

So finally mustered up the courage to go to Bunnings and buy some acetone

place has been like a covid hotspot 4 times now, I have no idea how they still have bunts to work there, considering they have to lock themselves up for two weeks after the place gets sprayed with the spicy flu, surely they’d run out of bunts eventually? Anyway, hit the lights with acetone and it worked well enough. Still some paint in the divots but I’ll have to pull the glass eventually to remove the food water from inside the lights… if I don’t just buy new ones

pulled this bad boy out of the shed. Removed the fog light cap things

cleaned 25 years of dust out of it, removed the brake vents

someone had tried to repair the foglight bracket locating pin using a tec screw…

so I took it upon myself to fix it the only way I know how…. Badly.

now obviously the car is missing a bunch of hardware as it never had fog lights fitted… thought I’d go down to supercheap or whatever, get covid and use generic stuff but… some real OEM sleuthing led me to find that the interiors of these cars also use the same fasteners for the heating system so… I pillaged the hardware from the vents out of the wrecked white car:

I feel weirdly Germanic putting this together, it fits like… it was made for it….

yes I need to split the lenses off and clean them both but… I’m still recovering from when I had to do it to an E32 I used to have. Now to find the wiring and switch for these bad boys out of some wreck.

what else

Fuck me the E36/E46 community is useless. I’ve bought some parts (near $400 worth, not heaps but not nothing) and still waiting for the cunt to send it. It’s engine arms so I can get the 2.5 in, hope he sends them soon because lockdown sucks. This is the second transaction I’ve dealt with Facebook BMW person and the first one was me receiving faulty parts (from a “wrecker”) who proceeded to do sfa after I paid good money for a taillight which I received faulty, now this guy who for all I know just won’t send me the parts I’ve paid for. It’s a bit shit tbh. Never had a problem with E21 or Peugeot/Renault/Volvo people. Or Harley/Triumph people.

Comment

Originally posted by FioriGuy View Post
                      So finally mustered up the courage to go to Bunnings and buy some acetone

place has been like a covid hotspot 4 times now, I have no idea how they still have bunts to work there, considering they have to lock themselves up for two weeks after the place gets sprayed with the spicy flu, surely they’d run out of bunts eventually?
                      You would think that but when you see the government advice for these things they advise anyone shopping in the store at that time to self isolate.

Comment

Boom

sitting pretty on real suspension finally.

i don’t understand the mentality of people who throw eBay shit at these things but hey

bilstein B14’s all around, adjusted proper and all that. Ride height is 330mm all around hub to guard.

I’ll take proper pictures when it isn’t gale force winds outside.

had the gearbox pulled apart, clearances/wear whacked, flying colours. Oil seals all done, box cleaned and now we’re almost ready for our manual swapping date!

i think I might just use the dual mass flywheel i have, because I can.

Comment

got it out this morning. needs a wash, need to go pick up the shnitzels after the wheel debarcle

thought they were 17's. opened one, nope, 18's. ok cool. ordered 4x 18" michelin pilots. opened all of them. ah, they are 17's.

the front two. two rears are 18's.

damn....

ain't she purdy

(the gearbox not the car, cars filthy)

spent today cleaning up other conversion parts

then these arrived:

mounts to put an M52 into an E36

and

an E36 6cyl highline cluster, gotta give that compact some class

so now i dunno if i get the 6cyl into the compact, or the spanish parts into the coupe first. hmm.

Comment

Nice.

e46 fb groups will do your head in. Sadly they’ve fallen into the ‘I see the poors are into BMWs now’ society group. 60-90k cars when new bought by people with fish tanks and lizards is not going to end well.
                            Was the wrecker down here in Melb? I gave up trying to get parts off one.
                            Originally posted by Stix Z
                            i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
                            Originally posted by Jim
                            Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

yup, melbourne based wrecker

i did end up getting the parts from the other guy, and they were as described, but farq me some communicaiton would help.

Comment

Originally posted by FioriGuy View Post
                                hrmm. if i post you whatever E46 ECU's i need to + some cash, can you make my car forget its an auto and think it's a manual?
                                Probably not. I'm far from an expert on these "old" beemers, but a little research tells me

- BG ProTool (the tool I have) doesn't support coding for the Gen1 cars yet, E46 is a Gen1
                                - It would need the old/original BMW tools like INPA, NCSexpert, WinKFP etc, which I no longer have.
                                - Coding would likely require the whole vehicle, not just modules

additionally

- the process depends on the year of the E46, as the electronic architecture changed in 2001, I don't know what year your car is, but it's important to know.
                                - I see you want to swap the instrument cluster too, that adds some further complication as the instrument cluster holds the ZCS or FA (the spec of the car)

There are detailed coding guides for both variants here;

For E46 before Sept 2001 https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/...-swap.1290589/
                                For E46 from Sept 2001 https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/...-swap.1290835/

But first of all, I think you need to sort out the instrument cluster, and I would think the "new" one needs to be from the same year range because of ZCS vs FA.
                                You need to backup the ZCS or FA from the original cluster, and load it into the new cluster, get that sorted out first.
                                Then you can modify the ZCS or FA to do the auto to manual swap
                                And all this probably needs to be done at the car, not with modules on the bench.

You will need to find some BMW super nerd who can do all this shit, whereas I'm a JLR super nerd, and only very slighly nerdy when it comes to BMW...
                                Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
                                Originally posted by nutttr
                                People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Working...
                                X