Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New daily. Maybe. Who knows. It was free.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack Nicholson View Post

Probably not. I'm far from an expert on these "old" beemers, but a little research tells me

- BG ProTool (the tool I have) doesn't support coding for the Gen1 cars yet, E46 is a Gen1
    - It would need the old/original BMW tools like INPA, NCSexpert, WinKFP etc, which I no longer have.
    - Coding would likely require the whole vehicle, not just modules

additionally

- the process depends on the year of the E46, as the electronic architecture changed in 2001, I don't know what year your car is, but it's important to know.
    - I see you want to swap the instrument cluster too, that adds some further complication as the instrument cluster holds the ZCS or FA (the spec of the car)

There are detailed coding guides for both variants here;

For E46 before Sept 2001 https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/...-swap.1290589/
    For E46 from Sept 2001 https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/...-swap.1290835/

But first of all, I think you need to sort out the instrument cluster, and I would think the "new" one needs to be from the same year range because of ZCS vs FA.
    You need to backup the ZCS or FA from the original cluster, and load it into the new cluster, get that sorted out first.
    Then you can modify the ZCS or FA to do the auto to manual swap
    And all this probably needs to be done at the car, not with modules on the bench.

You will need to find some BMW super nerd who can do all this shit, whereas I'm a JLR super nerd, and only very slighly nerdy when it comes to BMW...
    Ah, ok. There are people on the internet in aforementioned BMW groups who can do it, just I’d rather give you money than those fuckwits is all.

thankfully the cluster is staying where it is, the new one is for the E36 (as it’s factory cluster is for the 4cyl motor, if I use it the tach will read 33% wrong) - E36’s don’t need any dumb coding stuff…
    Last edited by FioriGuy; 29-08-21, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Cool. As much as I'd love to take your money, I'm afraid I can't help in this particular case.
      Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
      Originally posted by nutttr
      People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Speaking of which

i just realised that compacts don’t come with an economy gauge, so I scored one of those too.

cool, I guess.

Comment

Shazzam! Looks ace.

Will PM you about programmers. I had a friend use his INPA tool and it's pretty easy.
          Originally posted by Stix Z
          i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
          Originally posted by Jim
          Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

The E46 ecu has been cracked and people have written some neat code for it too.
            easy shit you can do:
            Remove fbw "sneeze factor" response lag Overrun crackles and pops
            Swap to "south African" tune to bypass the cats in the manifolds.

there was someone writing some code for flat shifting. I intended to do the easy things to my 325ti, but never got around to it.
            "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
              The E46 ecu has been cracked and people have written some neat code for it too.
              easy shit you can do:
              Remove fbw "sneeze factor" response lag Overrun crackles and pops
              Swap to "south African" tune to bypass the cats in the manifolds.

there was someone writing some code for flat shifting. I intended to do the easy things to my 325ti, but never got around to it.
              Ahhhhhhhhhhh. I wondered where the crackle tunes came from. Fun for a few mins, then annoying.

Swap tune, remove guts of cats, sell for $$, profit?
              i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
              Originally posted by Jim
              Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

Yeah, I was looking at just the normal overrun occasional pops, not that crackle tune bullshit.
                "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
                  Yeah, I was looking at just the normal overrun occasional pops, not that crackle tune bullshit.
                  Don’t know what it’s like elsewhere but every fuckwit in a VW Golf here in Melb has a crackle tune. Considering everyone that drives a VW in Melbourne is a fuckwit, these people are like fuckwit squared.
                  Originally posted by Jim

Comment

Laid out everything getting ready to manual swap the coupe

Unfortunately there is a few bits I’m missing, a clutch switch, etc things like that do I ordered them

They arrived this morning

Comment

Your driveway is like a waterhole in the African savannah, sit quietly and all the animals turn up for the Lions to choose from, or in this case BMWs to scavenge from.
                      ---
                      Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Originally posted by Paddington View Post

Don’t know what it’s like elsewhere but every fuckwit in a VW Golf here in Melb has a crackle tune. Considering everyone that drives a VW in Melbourne is a fuckwit, these people are like fuckwit squared.
                        Turbo 4cyl Golf with crackle tune= fuckwit alert.
                        VR6 with muffler delete crackle on overrun=sweet music.
                        Driving said VR6 at 80km/h=ears bleeding from the racket.

Comment

sooo rained all weekend. didn't get to do anything cool.

E46 has a few missing/broken clips in the boot,may as well scavenge them from this sedan.

hoooooold on a minute

that's a TV tuner and a GPS nav unit

wtf

who the hell specs a basement 318i with navigation, TV and hardon audio?

i don't care about the audio because the car might copy my full DLS setup I have from my youth (or maybe my next car, a jag, will who knows)

but man

well i'm bored

so i upgraded the coupe to factory nav + TV.

uh i'd need to find a factory nav headunit to use it but eh

cool story?

Comment

That is indeed an odd spec. Import?
                            Originally posted by Jim

Comment

Looks like a server rack for asio shit

Comment

sooo been stuck here

2 hours a day motorcycling thank god but other than that

so heres how it looks now, in video form

cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X