Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New daily. Maybe. Who knows. It was free.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The M12 cylinder head borrowed heavily from Cosworth's FVA ( the 1.5 litre precursor to the DFV ) legend has it that BMW actually bought an FVA to examine.

Yes I always understood that the Compact had the earlier E30 rear suspension.

Of course the Benetton B186 of Gerhard Berger resides in Adelaide these days, my mate Matt Kelly is usually charged with running it for Josh Kean. The previous owner did an amazing job of bringing it back to a useable state. There is a lovely sticker inside the cockpit giving boost control instructions. Of course they don't have the same jungle juice to run it on these days so it is 3 figure outputs only.
    " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Um...

I guess I get to become "that guy"

Donor interior (like 3 bits out of it), and another set of wheels with brand new tyres.

I would have gotten stuck into it to see if the carpets swap (I want that chocolate carpet goddamnit) but my neighbours Territory is in the way.

Dammit.

Comment

So was this one free aswell? Lol.

Comment

The tyres are begging my VN to let the smoke out.
          1975 TX Gemini Coupe - 1991 VN SS - 2017 VF SS Redline Wagon
          YT: https://www.youtube.com/bucketindustries

Comment

Originally posted by Euronymous View Post
            So was this one free aswell? Lol.
            Nah, it cost me $100.... but I sold the foglight covers for $20 and found 5c in it, so it owes me $79.95 now.

For that I got:

1) a set of wheels with new tyres on them, which I need for rego (a certain someones VN has a hard time turning hard as fuck 205's, let alone 3 week old 215's, so i'll spare him the embarrassment of trying to smoke them up)
            2) a swish coffee brown interior (only the carpet and maybe door trims fit, but hell it's sought after so i'll try and get at least $79.95 for the rest of it)
            3) A newish rubber boot for the compacts intake which is old and crumbly
            4) a set of decent front discs with newish pads and callipers just in case (the compacts front brakes need replacement)
            5) front A arms/lollipops/suspension/front panels which are to go to Spac for his racing Compact. In exchange he has all the manual bits I need plus a black interior from a road car to replace all the grey bits I don't have coffee bits for.

Pretty happy with that.

Oh, also a good nic boot BMW badge and a set of foglights!
            Last edited by FioriGuy; 22-02-21, 08:16 PM.

Comment

That was a tidy car for a hungy! Deffo wouldn't get that in WA for $100.
              should make your money back easy enough id assume.

Also, poor eco moo can't turn a tyre. Just do what we use to do.. piss on the tyres and duck from the spray.

Comment

It had 440,000km's on it, she'd paid her dues.

(It was originally a black leather interior, so thankfully the interior didn't have 440,000km's on it....)

The catalytic convertor in these things is worth $580 to those who collect them. That's why he lets me have them for cheap to pick over, then he takes the shell. It's just an extra $100 for him. The green car I got for free in exchange for a heavier car he took to scrap instead.

Comment

Right latest happenings

Stripped another one for it's black interior:

I might put a catalogue at the start of the thread of all the cars that have died for this one.

It's filthy. So I blew the budget infinity times over and also bought an upholstery vac.

Haven't cleaned anything yet.

Old mate dropped off a 540i for me to pinch the V8 from:

Not going to come anywhere near fitting, so now all that's happened is that I have a future project. Greaaaaaaat, like I don't have enough worthless shitboxes but here we are.

Blew the budget infinity times over again buying genuine cabin filters:

Just because the car was free doesn't mean i'm going to buy shit parts for it.

Got the HVAC stuff all back together

Still need to order new wipers. Dealership didn't have any in stock, not the normal looking ones anyway they had these new fangled swooshy looking ones that look weird.

Washed the spare:

The original spare went on the white car to get crushed, so I pulled the spare out of the blue one above. It was filthy. I think i'll get the tyre removed and respray it all, it's all rusty and weird. I want it to be black again. It's stupid but meh who cares, something to do.

Fitted the clutch pedal too.

Now I need to decide what combination of interior I want - I'm thinking tan carpets and centre console, black everything else...

Comment

m40 are a peice of crap to answer the question above.

I may want some suspension and brake bits off you.
                    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Yep, let me know what you want and I’ll put it aside until one of us does the trip down/up, I don’t want any money for bits but also postage is too much effort

Comment

You're a brave brave and patience of a saint kinda man I see!

but
                        So I blew the budget infinity times over and also bought an upholstery vac.
                        why not just rent from Bunnings or somewhere, or how often do you intend to use it !?

Comment

So how quick can you strip a shitbox BMW now? Getting plenty of practice here.
                          Norbie!

Comment

Originally posted by FioriGuy View Post
                            Yep, let me know what you want and I’ll put it aside until one of us does the trip down/up, I don’t want any money for bits but also postage is too much effort
                            cheers. Your in Brissy yeah?
                            .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

I am after front rotors and calipers and E36 front legs, and trailing arms off an e36 318ti or z3.

Brake up grade for the verty 30.

Dr Hoon

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Furrypants View Post
                                why not just rent from Bunnings or somewhere, or how often do you intend to use it !?
                                They're a pretty handy thing, lets face it interiors get dirty all the time - plus can use it in the house!

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
                                cheers. Your in Brissy yeah?
                                nah, canberra circle jerk. both my sisters live in melbourne CBD anyway, i can't envision it being too long before they come up, i'll send the parts down with them and then you can grab it from there

Comment

Working...
                                X