Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New daily. Maybe. Who knows. It was free.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers. Waiting for a price on transport. MAy just end up road tripping it.
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
      Cheers. Waiting for a price on transport. MAy just end up road tripping it.
      Just do it.

I have an E46 Compact arriving tomorrow (probably), would the rear beams out of that work?

Comment

As a new first time owner of a nugget BMW, I approve of these shenanigans.
        Skrrraaaarrrrrk

Comment

They are multiplying... You starting your own wrecking yard???
          Originally posted by piss98
          fuck I'd be happy to suck Bill Gates off

Comment

Originally posted by nutttr View Post
            They are multiplying... You starting your own wrecking yard???
            I actually lied, it turned up today

I don't actually know what i'm doing. Half pulling stuff apart, half hoarding stuff, half building some sort of E36 from the bits...

I haven't actually sold anything yet (nor do I plan to heh)

My situation would increase greatly if this damn rain would stop so I could actually get to removing the juicy (manual) parts

Originally posted by Mooro View Post
            M42 from the blue sedan into compact seems like an obvious choice? I spot adjustable camper tops on the blue one as well - possibly coilovers ?- rear's won't fit but front will .Although judging by the anodized gold colour they are crappy ebay spec ones.
            that was my initial thought too, but now i'm leaning towards putting a manual in it and storing it for a couple years and seeing if it becomes desirable (being an iS)

I know if I put the twin cam in the compact, a cool 6cyl car or something will pop up for the motor. hmm.
            Last edited by FioriGuy; 19-03-21, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FioriGuy View Post

I know if I put the twin cam in the compact, a cool 6cyl car or something will pop up for the motor. hmm.
              This logic is broken...

If you can get this many "free" bmw's (no BMW is ever free...if you intend on using it, it'll cost you your soul as you try and keep it running...) You can definitely score another twin cam for free... Then you'll have 2 in running cars!
              Originally posted by piss98
              fuck I'd be happy to suck Bill Gates off

Comment

E46 compact has normal E46 rear suspension (mostly) but without the boot floor cracking. Either way, the Compacts deserve at least 2.5l of straight six, the E46 325ti I had was good fun, would have been epic with a 3l. They're also about 100kg lighter than the 46 coupe or sedan.
                Last edited by Gammaboy; 23-03-21, 04:46 AM.
                "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
                  E46 compact has normal E46 rear suspension (mostly) but without the boot floor cracking. Either way, the Compacts deserve at least 2.5l of straight six, the E46 325ti I had was good fun, would have been epic with a 3l. They're also about 100kg lighter than the 46 coupe or sedan.
                  ask and ye shall receive

calypso red '98 E46 323i

with a manual!

three thongs

and two right hand kidneys.

hmm.

curveball: it's a takata car

Spac wants to put the driveline into the compact, more the power to him, but i'm wondering if there's a way i can swindle BMW into giving me $2000 for this thing.... then i'll buy an M50B28 for the E36 compact?

or maybe just tart this thing up, get the bags done and see what's wrong with it over winter. i need a winter daily more and more every day, daylights savings has ended... the cold is coming...

oh, the E36 does have new headliner, i've just cleaned the carpet and is going back together, but no progress pics as it's all boring tedious interior stuff. i haven't forgotten it though!
                  Last edited by FioriGuy; 03-04-21, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Good use of "daylights savings"
                    Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster, Clock Lobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                      Good use of "daylights savings"
                      don't you have more important things to be doing this evening like setting all the clocks back?

Comment

Love me a good cheap beater BMW, i currently drive a cheap E90 320d here in ireland, and i love it, so much so that it is coming back to oz with me.

Comment

You have become BMW Skompa, and it's a wonder to behold

Comment

What size are the things? Will you post?

Comment

Originally posted by richzx View Post
                              What size are the things? Will you post?
                              hmm?

Comment

Originally posted by aerobrick View Post
                                You have become BMW Skompa, and it's a wonder to behold
                                This

As you were and all the best my good man.
                                "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Working...
                                X