Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New daily. Maybe. Who knows. It was free.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that really is a lot of style
    GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
    VF2 Redline Ute
    E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

You just found your new avatar image?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	yoFF3N2_copy_656x828.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	344.8 KB
ID:	7248471

Comment

i fucking love that "multifunctional suit"
        VF2 Redline Ute
        E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Glad I am not the only one weirdly drawn to the suit!

Comment

Originally posted by FioriGuy View Post

ahhh hrmmm maaaaaaaybe? i mean i have an M10 auto E21... (and no plans to manualise it....) but also the E24 has a Getrag 265 in it, but might be good just in case that box is bad?

swapsies? I have a VS/VT Getrag 265 that is fresh and good inside, it was taken to the gearbox shop to see if it could be adapted to my noisy E24 (first gear worn) but ended up going with a brand new NOS gearset instead. that was not cheap.

no worries- i'm trying to clean out the shed, so if it suits your inventory let me know.
            Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
            Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post

no worries- i'm trying to clean out the shed, so if it suits your inventory let me know.
              No probs, for sure yeah if it’s a cleaning exercise. Just need to work out logistics…

Comment

Hmm. Rain and cold and generally shot weather have stalled play on the Compact, instead have been looking into slabs and sheds and hoists because this working on the ground shite is getting very old. Swapped the 4.44 diff out for a manual one though.

I do have a garage though, so not all is lost. I evicted the Yaris from the garage and thrown the coupe in there.

I’ve hit the interior with Leatherique to try and get the leather inside it a bit cleaner. It’s a two stage process to nourish and clean - you hit all the leather with a rejuvenation oil and leave it alone for a week (minimum 24 hours) and after it’s soaked in and done it’s thing, you hit it with the second stage, a cleaner which removed the oil and leaves you with nice clean and rejuvenated leather.

Does it work? Probably. I left it for 3 days in a cold Canberran garage, and it’s half worked. I’ll try it again in the summer when it’s not -8 degrees in there.

Cars booked in to have actual mechanics fix the idling issues and get it ready for rego as I cbf getting under it, it’s too low heh. New belts, a service, smoke test and fix vacuum leaks, new rocker cover gasket, blah blah blah.

Need to strip the sedan down and pull the manual gear from it next.

Comment

I used some leather cleaner and food on the leather seats in my e46 touring. It’s worked a treat. Works a lot better obviously on hot/warm days.
                  Im also half heartedly looking for a dead manual e46 to do a manual swap....

Still regret not buying the manual 325i compact that popped up near me in lockdown.
                  Originally posted by Stix Z
                  i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
                  Originally posted by Jim
                  Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

I have a spare M52B25 and a spare manual compact… just sayin’

Comment

Lol, got to love BMW and their merch. Without question they are the best in cultivating the lifestyle of the brand.

Comment

Originally posted by FioriGuy View Post
                        I have a spare M52B25 and a spare manual compact… just sayin’
                        If the logistics weren’t so expensive, I’d be keen

Its also the roughest touring in Australia by far (to the point that it’d make great YouTube content) so I’m trying to think rationally and not over capitalise it.
                        Originally posted by Stix Z
                        i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
                        Originally posted by Jim
                        Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

curious question.

are the e36 and e36 compact diffs interchangable if you change the rear cover or is the whole thing different?
                          VF2 Redline Ute
                          E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post
                            curious question.

are the e36 and e36 compact diffs interchangable if you change the rear cover or is the whole thing different?
                            The centre’s exchange but nothing else

If you want to upgrade a compact diff you can swap E30 diff and axles in pretty easy, just need to put compact axle ends on E30 axles, the rest bolt in

Comment

the new e46 compact i have donated its even better space saver, saving me from painting the other one. exciting stuff.

anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQlAEiCb8m0

a box from FCPeuro, good times

mainly bits for the 318iS sedan to do the head gasket and stuff, which i no longer need due to the E46 coupe, but ordered about 12 hours before the coupe became a thing. also a whole bunch of bits and fandangles to refresh the manual stuff i pulled from the M40 318i.

also covered in a light machine oil too? everything. awesome.

seems to have come from these bonnet struts?

look ma, no hands

worth it, even if i did need to wipe everything down before installing...

dropped the E46 coupe off to be serviced and have a smoke test done to see where the intake is leaking, i'm happy to swap entire drivetrains but a fluid change? nah too much work for me.

dropped in on the E24

it'll be good to go in a fortnight or so, leaving me with an even bigger storage problem.

sweet.

Comment

That e24 is a beaut! Strut oil ejected at altitude perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X