Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New daily. Maybe. Who knows. It was free.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, E24's get better looking every day.
    " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

I learned to drive in a e24 735.
      .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
        I learned to drive in a e24 735.
        Yeah nah.

Comment

boom... boom... boom... boom... death marches slowly towards us all

but well, it's getting close for these two

step 1: remove 3.07 diff

step 2: remove 3.38 diff

step 3: place 3.07 sedan diff into compact

step 4: give up on life

but as it stands now the compact has a 0 ratio diff as the axles seem to be different

the good things about these kinds of problems that if you get the shits you can just send the car to become a cube

oh i also pulled this purple tag steering rack out of the E46 compact to go into the E36 compact

apparently has less turns and makes it more better, rack ends on the '36 are perished and shite anyway so why not!

... i'm hoping thats engine oil and not steering rack fluids.
          Last edited by FioriGuy; 17-05-21, 03:21 PM.

Comment

There seems to be a lot of frothing about purple tag racks.
            Dont get it myself but anyhoo, nice find.
            Originally posted by Stix Z
            i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
            Originally posted by Jim
            Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

They make a massive difference to the handling of an e30. I paid $300 for mine.
              .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

I have no idea about it and no idea what difference it will make to my driving but the internet seems to froth over them (well actually I had no idea about them until Spac told me about them, a few days after he'd already taken the white compact away heh) and i thought well hell, if people are frothing it's probably worth the effort swapping them... i need new rod ends anyway, theyre all perished and crap. will bung it in once new ends arrive and if it leaks, meh core exchange it. no biggie.

need to clear room in the garage to put the M52B25 in when it comes time to pull that down, that means removing stuff from the shed

nice sunny day, got the bissel out and cleaned 20 years of white door hair and dog dirt out of the rear seats and door cars, then tidied up a few little things in regards to the rest of the interior.

it's faded along to top edges, but thats cool. i found some M rain fabric so depending how far this goes, it may all get retrimmed fresh anyway.

rear "door" trims and A pillar trims are giving me the shits with broken plastic crap, however!

need to figure out a good solution for it. new trims maybe?

need a sharper drill bit too, failed at drilling out the rivets for the passenger window reg.

getting there...

just to shuffle the garage now and pull the driveline from that red sedan.

Last edited by FioriGuy; 23-05-21, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Plastic trims breaking can be the ultimate pain. Lucky you have heaps of spares, maybe? If I knew it didn't need to be removed again I'd consider a dot of Sikaflex (not much as that shit will stick like a mofo)... But if it needs to be taken in/out it'd probably need replacing
                  Originally posted by piss98
                  fuck I'd be happy to suck Bill Gates off

Comment

I wish, I used the best two I had and both pretty much crumbled as soon as I went to fit them…

i guess I’ll get Blender out and model some sort of… tab that can be glued in place to replace the dead ones. They’re all old and brittle now so will only get worse…

trims in the rear can be fixed by bolting a chassis brace directly through the middle of them

cleaned under the car and half got the new rack in

won’t have a steering car until I get new rack ends and steal some bits from the red sedan, but little by little right…

cleaned 10 tons of old oil crap out from under it too, think I might just clean/replace seals in the 2.5 and throw it in rather than try and get the 1.6 ready for rego. So many oil leaks/fixing required for a motor that’s just going in the bin after

Comment

All I want in life is E36 compacts

But all I get it E46 compacts

Life is hard

check out the km’s tho

kind of weird how good serviceable cars just become cubes sometimes. it drives well.

Comment

Why are these so undesirable??
                        Originally posted by piss98
                        fuck I'd be happy to suck Bill Gates off

Comment

The cats are worth a bit over a grand each, I suppose people looking for small 4cyl $1000 cars look for Japanese ones

Comment

Originally posted by FioriGuy View Post
                            The cats are worth a bit over a grand each,
                            Fuck paying $1000 for a cat.
                            cant even take it to the park

Comment

i got some taillights, lets swap out some taillights

first up, E36 (left hand side had a cracked lens)

all of 3 seconds worth

hmm, they match up nicely in real life. damn HDR photos and phones these days

eh

bought a new E46 tail light from a wrecker

also 3 seconds to fit

yeah good one.

messaged the wrecker and told him it wasn't as advertised, help me out here

he replied saying he'd look for another one and then took his sweet arse time, still hasn't got back to me

oh well, fuck him, i'm obviously now just not going to buy any parts from him and as he's specifically a BMW guy well he'll lose out in the long run, meh

thankfully my old lens was cracked but all the LED's worked

so...

far out getting the lens off without ruining everything is a pain in the dick.

thankfully once it's off it's just some hex screws and it all swaps over

now i have a working taillight, one rego thing knocked off the list...

that black compact came with a brand new genuine roundel still in the packet, so i replaced the coupes faded bonnet one with a brand new one. bonus

it also needs a new windscreen washer pump, pinched one from the sedan

so besides the suspension, it's now ready for rego inspection.

celebrated kind of by going and checking out the fitout of my opa's old shop

it's now some boat enthusiast shop, it used to be a push bike shop so this is a step up i suppose.

still the same old building...

if any of your parents (or you) bought a brand new renault/peugeot anywhere between albury and woolongong between 1968 and 1990, it probably came from this shop. it was corin motors back then.

i have a bunch of photos of it back in the day (like thousands of them....), i might take them to the scanny old photo place and get them on this here internet. opa and his shop was the basis/instrumental with the creation of the renault car club of australia which became the brindabella motor sports club... pretty important as far as motorsport in the ACT goes.
                              Last edited by FioriGuy; 25-05-21, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Ah, nothing like inconveniencing 50 people at once

bus wankers

oh yeah

we have a 1/1998 E39 523i

runs, drives

straight as hell.

seems to have been owned by old Asian people for a long time, then handed down to their young daughter I assume? I found cheap jewellery and elite gym memberships in the car.

this ones a bit of a shame, pity it’s not a V8 though considering how straight it is

Comment

Working...
                                X