No announcement yet.

XP falcon deluxe coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will be totally fine. Cast iron goodness, no modern alloy bits to warp/soften.

Comment

As above cast iron for the win .

I've had my xp 170 up at 110 deg with no probs.. Blow a bit of water out with the expansion

Put a recovery rad cap and a coolant reservoir bottle.

Comment

Yeah it has an expansion tank under the brake booster

BTW it ran a bit hotter than normal on drive home in 34 deg temps, but all stayed fine

Roadie went alright, picked a few small things, sorted them and passed it. Take paperwork to vicroads tomorrow and sort historic permit

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
        Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?
        Originally posted by Dogsballs;n7259704
        Bit harder to Wank to without Wendy, but got there in the end

Comment

Excellent news.....

Now time for cruising and fiddling....

Comment

-replacing indicator globe in dash
            -working out why dash lights don't work on normal headlights but do work on high beams
            -why front left indicator globe is dull
            -do transmission service and fix weaping gasket

Comment

*like*
              .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsballs View Post

-replacing indicator globe in dash
                -working out why dash lights don't work on normal headlights but do work on high beams
                -why front left indicator globe is dull
                -do transmission service and fix weaping gasket

Got to be happy with thst list.

the headlight switch twists to dim the dash and if all way anti clockwise interior light should come on.

Usually the resistance wire for the dash dimmer breaks and dash light only work on one position

The other headlight thing is all the power for headlights goes thru the headlight switch - no relays- so if you up grade the headlights to higher wattage you get the switch internal breaker popping- at the most in.
                oportune times
                Last edited by 9triton; 12-02-21, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Ahh I knew it had a half way setting for fog lights (just indicators) , didn't know it had a dimmer function. Tried it but no worky. I think it might have something to do headlights rewired for an earth or something (bigmac might be ble to fill on the gaps)

Dull left indicator is the indicator lens showing remnants of a previous burnt bulb. Might order another

Dash left indicator bulb was just loose and working now.

Also found the culprit for vibration on highway, front uni on tail shaft looks to be on the way out. So ordered one of those. Will give me an excuse to remove tail shaft and give it a lick of paint. Trans service kit arrived today, so will pressure wash all the gunk off trans and do that all at once. Got 5 litre of type f fluid, might need to get some more

Dropped new reproduction dash off at the trimmers to get painted. They are a 'little' busy, so will take 3-4 weeks. No stress, at least its

Was greeted by a 100m queue at vicroads this morning. Yay. Took a leisurely 90mins to sort the club permit and plates. They were really good and I have all of the paperwork.

With lockdown I'll have a few days free, so with start detailing the underneath

Comment

Loose earth was all I needed for rego. no rewiring

Comment

Hmm, I found a loose earth under the dash and tightened that (could of been cause of occasional interior light flicker). There was another black (possible earth) but didn't do anything when grounded. There was a red wire going to wiper motor that was unplugged, although they seem to work fine. Might have another dig around under dash another time

Comment

fyi you can now renew club reg on line. No need to go in.

Yes, I found out the hard way.
                        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
                          fyi you can now renew club reg on line. No need to go in.

Yes, I found out the hard way.
                          Correct, yes you can renew online. But to apply to you had to go in. I had to surrender my old plates, they sighted my rwc and application paperwork, then gave me plate and logbook etc right away.

Comment

yeah, it's such a good system that has just been made better by not having to go in every year.

Dr Hoon

Comment

Vicroads website is actually really good, I couldn't believe it. Recently renewed my license online and cancelled my rego on ute, no fuss. It shows all your registered cars, demerit points etc etc

Comment

Been reading two posts at once, realising they were about the same car.
                                Fortitudo et Superbiam

Comment

Working...
                                X