No announcement yet.

XP falcon deluxe coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many litres of type f transmission fluid does the bw35 take?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?
    Originally posted by Dogsballs;n7259704
    Bit harder to Wank to without Wendy, but got there in the end

Comment

Factory manuual says 14.25 imp pints.inc converter

So 8.5 litres from empty.

The 3 speed autos are a bw35 so should come up easy enough

One of the farcebook sites has a pdf of the XP factory manual.

Ill see if i can find out which one

Comment

Yeah I was thinking 7-8.5 litres. But if it's a service their might be some in converter.

Comment

Fill, drive sround on essential activities within your 5km radius and top up... Or fang down eastern freeway....

Comment

Originally posted by 9triton View Post
            Fill, drive sround on essential activities within your 5km radius and top up... Or fang down eastern freeway....
            Lol

Comment

Is an early falcon nationals on at barrossa valley this year 29th to 31st october.
              ....Assuming we not in lockdown. ....
              Click image for larger version  Name:	FB_IMG_16131796396955145.jpg Views:	1 Size:	577.9 KB ID:	7226416

https://m.facebook.com/1062679841058...pe=3&source=44

Got postponed from last year

Probably be 30- 40 from vic falcon club cruising over.

Last one in nagambie had over 220 early falcons

Getting more popular... As evidenced by the prices...
              Last edited by 9triton; 13-02-21, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Reverse lights on the xp fairlane only.

Nice unobtrusive clear hella trailer lights below the tailights

Click image for larger version

Name:	1280px-1965_Ford_Fairmont_(XP)_sedan_(2015-11-13)_02.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	265.1 KB
ID:	7226556

Comment

Ewww.

Had a bit of a tinker today. Put it up on jack stands and took off the wheels. First port of call was to flush out the old brake fluid. After a squirt of wd40 all the nipples cracked with no dramas. Back drivers was actually a smidge loose and had been weeping a fraction. Ran thru a bottle and bit, but all fresh now. Also straightened up the brake lines and put some fuel hose over them where they go thru the guards. I then wanted to clean up the front wheel assemblies. I wiped down all the brake dust and crap that had collected, also gave them a hit of black where it was chipped. Did the same to the diff and leaf springs, which had some surface rust coming thru. I rotated the tyres as the fronts had a bit of inner edge wear, rears were like new. I gave the trans and back of sump a good soaking of degreaser.

I started to drain the auto and yanked the tail shaft. Shaft was pretty sad and covered in surface rust, so got the steel wool out and rubbed it back to metal. Wiped it down with thinners then hit it with some grey engine enamel. Pan came off easy enough, the cork gasket didn't seem to be doing much, no wonder it was weepy around the edges. Only a tiny bit of clutch material in bottom of pan. The outside was all manky so spent 45mins scrubbing that with steel wool and getting 55 yrs of trans fluid and dirt off it. Wiped it down with thinners and more grey engine enamel.

Tail shaft dried first, so faffed about removing the inner snap rings off front uni, then knocked the caps out. Marked the orientation obviously and took pics! The rear one was OK, but just ordered another with extra type f fluid I need to fill it up. Might as well do both. Pan dried then put new cork gasket on with a smear of 3 bond grey sealant on both sides (fucker better not leak). Also swapped out the filter and wiped down the rail with thinners. Then put pan back on. I did notice the sensor on passenger side of gearbox was unplugged further up where it joins the engine loom and both ends just looped into each other. Got a feeling it's the neutral safety switch.

Gave the sump a wipe down as I didn't do the sump plug up tight and had the faintest of leaks. At least the underneath isn't looking totally sad now. Only thing now underneath is exhaust has a bit of surface rust where the galvanising is coming off, but no holes visible. I might give that a hit with some paint after a bit of steel wool action.

Hopefully tomorrow get the uni's and extra trans fluid. Although 3 days of lockdown, so no rush.

To top off my day I got a personal comment from Derek at vice grip garage after watching and commenting on his last video. Must say he was an influence on getting the old girl and switching gears to the slow lane

Last edited by Dogsballs; 14-02-21, 10:03 PM.

Comment

nice one dude.
                    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

It's probably a little overkill detailing the underside of a 55 yr old car, but it sorta bugged me. Also why I hit exhaust with paint this morning. Lols

Mr repco man arrived this morning so knocked in new uni and slid shaft back. Old girl took 8 litres. Despite being careful as can be, I spilled a bit. It still dipped a smudge from drivers side near the filler so hopefully it was just remnants of spill.

Plugged in the safety neutral switch but doesn't work, so will put that on order list. While I was in the bay i taped up some of the wiring which showed the wires.

Gave the seats a wipe down with vinyl cleaner. Went around the bright work and cleaned it with metal polish. Tried some new "ceramic" quick detailer. Definitely made it very shiny!

Also finally plugged the aerial into the head unit in the glove box, instead of janky wire I rigged up to get back from Canberra. Pity we still have lockdown and it's a gorgeous day, perfect for a nice cruise. Will have to wait for the weekend

Comment

Looking good! I think its definitely worth making the underside super nice, I did the same thing on the 68 impala been doing up last few years.

Pretty good of Derek to reply to your YouTube comment, he's a super funny guy on camera. Cracks me up.

Hopefully you can get the coupe out later this week

Comment

Looking good.

Is it the switch ?or the adjustment of it.?

Comment

Originally posted by 9triton View Post
                            Looking good.

Is it the switch ?or the adjustment of it.?
                            Good question. It was already off stands and full of fluid before I could check. I saw on eBay some have 4 prongs and not cheap at $98+ each. Need to suss it out

Comment

Little fucker is weeping out selector shaft seal on stub on passenger side. Trying some rtv now. Or maybe pack with grease or heat shrink on little stub

Comment

Got the 2 core radiator back today from radiator shop. Swapped it all over and back to factory look. The new 3 core with thermofan/wiring is for sale

Also whilst fluid was dropped I sussed out what was wrong with the heater circuit, no fluid was flowing into the core. Took the passenger side hose off at water pump and blew through the heater core, all good! The valve even worked. Tried to poke something down the water pump nipple, and nope. Lols. All I had to do was to drill it. All easy. Just need to get some coolant tomorrow when shops open again

Last edited by Dogsballs; 17-02-21, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X