No announcement yet.

K20A 2004 S2 Elise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm one of those people who finds the Elise and Exige seats incredibly comfortable. 1000km days were never an issue. All day playing in the mountains they were very supportive. On the track maintaining perfect control without fighting to stay put in the seat.

Check down beside the driver's seat there might be a small bulb for pumping up the lumbar support. (or maybe that was some other Elise seats I had in the car). I found I preferred the lumbar support deflated so never worried about it. The Exige seat was fitted so I could get the shoulder straps at the correct angle. I'm too short for harnesses to fit properly with the solid backed seats.

Skinny blokes tend to be less comfortable in them than larger blokes and leg to body ratio also makes a big difference. If you have long legs, tweaking the angle of the seat by putting washers under the front of the seat rails can help. The harness bar does restrict rearward movement of the seat for tall blokes.

Just taking another look at the photos, looks like Mick fitted 600lb springs at the front and 750 at the rear. IIRC I had 425/550 and it would bottom out on the track but was still comfortable on the road. The car would be bouncing around a bit on a normal road with those springs rather than soaking up the bumps.
    If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Comment

Looks tiny even behind an AW11
      6L FD3S RX7
      GR Supra
      Jeeps JK, CJ7, WK2

Comment

a lot of yes right there, solid purchase

Comment

Checked this out earlier in the week. It will be a track weapon for sure. Looking forward to seeing some times once you get it figured out.

Comment

Quality work. Many hours of amusement there, and looks like a great package as purchased.

I drove mine from Syd to Geelong about this time last year. It's easy enough, but boring as. The constant threat of aquaplaning off the road in heavy rain for the first couple of hours kept me amused though! Set dampers full soft, tyres to 20 psi, pad the seat to suit and wish you had cruise control on the hume. Too noisy means earplugs and no tunes. Though some noise cancelling bluetooth earmuffs would be a good idea...

Comment

The thing that always amuses me with my Elises is how low they are compared to almost any other car. The highest point of an Elise is about the same height as the wing mirrors on an average car. It does have its bad points though. If you pull up dead centre behind someone, chances are they can't see you in any of their rear view mirrors. I usually pull up to the right of the lane so they can see me in the driver's side mirror.

Be like a motorbike rider. Drive as if you are invisible, stay out of blindspots, where possible have a bit of a speed difference and definitely don't linger when overtaking, directly beside a ute is the most dangerous place to be as they will not see you.

Get used to people taking your photo when you are driving on a multi-lane road.

And definitely some sort of earplugs for long distance drives or even any highway driving. The wind noise is very tiring at highway speeds.
              If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Komdotkom View Post
                Clearly garage space at your house is now at a premium and your MA61 is just taking up space, I'll do you a favour and take it off your hands.
                i would also like to register for this auction
                www.holditflat.com

Comment

Very nice machine!
                  Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
                  Originally posted by nutttr
                  People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Perfect combo!

Comment

Very nice, I have much jealousy!

I'm surprised how small it looks behind the AW11. And now I'm looking at the Mini sized area of my garage and making expensive calculations.

Comment

I'm looking at that garage and thinking its contents looks cooler than mine. Stop it.
                        Norbie!

Comment

Nice work. The perfect track toy.
                          Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Originally posted by Banzai View Post
                            I'm one of those people who finds the Elise and Exige seats incredibly comfortable. 1000km days were never an issue. All day playing in the mountains they were very supportive. On the track maintaining perfect control without fighting to stay put in the seat.

Check down beside the driver's seat there might be a small bulb for pumping up the lumbar support. (or maybe that was some other Elise seats I had in the car). I found I preferred the lumbar support deflated so never worried about it. The Exige seat was fitted so I could get the shoulder straps at the correct angle. I'm too short for harnesses to fit properly with the solid backed seats.

Skinny blokes tend to be less comfortable in them than larger blokes and leg to body ratio also makes a big difference. If you have long legs, tweaking the angle of the seat by putting washers under the front of the seat rails can help. The harness bar does restrict rearward movement of the seat for tall blokes.

Just taking another look at the photos, looks like Mick fitted 600lb springs at the front and 750 at the rear. IIRC I had 425/550 and it would bottom out on the track but was still comfortable on the road. The car would be bouncing around a bit on a normal road with those springs rather than soaking up the bumps.
                            yeah the exige seat has the lumbar pump thing. Mick said it didnt work but I tried it last night and it did pump the lumbar support up. Prob be less uncomfortable for me that way. Will try it again before buying another seat.

Also yes he uprated the springs. IIRC he said if I want to go softer I should pull the front springs out and put them in the back, and put a spare set of springs that he gave me into the front. I'm guessing if I did that I would probably be back at your old spring setup.

Also I hear you on all the small car/driving stuff. Driving the AW11 is all pretty similar stuff

And the MA61 isnt going anywhere! I do need to reorganise my garage though and make some space. That water heater has got to go asap
                            Last edited by trdee; 12-02-21, 10:00 AM.
                            1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

Very cool! Honda noises must sound good right behind your head!

Comment

Nice!! It looks fast just parked up. So how do you pick between this an the AW11 to take to the track?

Comment

Working...
                                X