X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rascasse
    replied
    Those flame shots! <3

Cracking times and great to see you getting the most from the Elise.

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    So Luddenham went far better than I expected. Ended up topping the timesheets on the day with a 52.035, beating a caterham superlight, two modified GR yaris', an evo time attack car, etc etc. Wow. Went 1.7s faster than the time I had previously set in the AW11 but that time is 2+ years old and the AW11 has evolved since then, so not sure what the real gap would be but nonetheless, the elise was much quicker than I expected. I did have one tiny issue, which was when I closed the passenger door early in the day the bloody mirror glass popped out!! Luckily it didnt shatter, although it did get a chip taken out of it. Taped it back on for the moment but I will need to sikaflex it back in or something soon

Video of the day here. The car was so reliable I did every session from start to finish, 66 laps!! As a result it's a pretty long video, the fastest lap is somewhere around the 46m mark.

Turns out even though it ws a public day and I had gone with some friends, it was also a day being used for VW nationals, so there were a lot of beetles, golfs etc too.

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    Did an RTDC motorkhana last weekend with a bunch of toymods peeps. Foamy's V12 IS200 certainly drew some interest

Chen of course being his standard weird self

Anyway the elise did quite well, although the handbrake is as shit to use in a motorkhana as the AW11's one unfortunately

Got a trackday at luddenham this saturday which should be fun

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    Nothing to add except this is really fun to drive

Leave a comment:

• nutttr
    replied
    You certainly got maximum use out of those tyres...

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    Just picked the car up. Tram lining and bump steer cured. Also swapped in the team dynamics wheels that came with the car, shod with new AD08R rubber. Good thing too as the ~2000kms ive done since I bought the car was enough combined with the terrible toe to scrub the rear tyres from "low" to "utterly f*cked"!!

Peter had a Pantera in for some suspension work today. His excel cup car is on the next hoist. Always a funny dichotomy of cars in that shop

Rear tyres

Pit stop at pie in the sky whilst giving the suspension and tyres a road test

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    Sent the car up to my usual chassis guy. Alignment was pretty far out: 11.50mm rear toe in & 5.20mm front toe in, max negative caster, 3+deg camber all round. Rear upper control arm bolts were loose. Rear ride height was 12mm lower than ideal which would have been messing with the roll centre.

Now reset to 1.5deg positive caster, 0mm toe front, 3mm toe rear, 2deg negative camber front and rear. Ride heights set to approx 120 front 125 rear.

Picking it up tomorrow and looking forward to a much better handling thing Got it corner weighted too. Bit lighter when the tank isnt absolutely full to the brim

Leave a comment:

• Speedyblue
    replied
    One number plate light out. WNB.

Great option.

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    hardtop and properly full tank of fuel, in that larger proalloy tank.. maybe the weighbridge was a bit off too? it actually weighed in at 858kg so i've rounded down

also i think it's an optical illusion mr ree

Leave a comment:

• Banzai
    replied
    I'm trying to work out where the extra 50kg came from. When I owned the car and corner weighted it, it was exactly 800kg with half a tank of fuel.

I had TE37s which are a bit lighter than the current wheels. I also never weighed it with a hardtop either.

Leave a comment:

• gmr
    replied
    Great plate lol

Leave a comment:

• Mr Ree
    replied
    Love the personalised plate

Is it an optical illusion, or are the 8 and the 5 sligtly out of whack, compared to the other letters on the plate?

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    Finally able to get rid of those nasty std yellow plates. First time I've ordered custom plates for a car haha

Leave a comment:

• Jack Nicholson
    replied
    Size does matter

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied

sounds alright

Leave a comment:

Working...
X