• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice pick up. Plenty of smiles driving that i bet
    2018 Golf R Wolfsburg Edition Wagon
    2016 Golf GTi Performance

Comment

Originally posted by fnlow View Post
      Nice!! It looks fast just parked up. So how do you pick between this an the AW11 to take to the track?
      Current train of thought is the AW11 will continue to be campaigned in the NSW supersprint championship, and this will be used for all the casual trackdays/khanas etc that i normally skip because I am too busy prepping/fixing the AW11 for the championship rounds.

And yes it sounds mad. 8900rpm will do that Might look into ITBs at some point but there is fuck all room between the engine and the firewall so might not be possible. Prob also throw some mild cams at it just because why not
      1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by CEF33Y View Post
        Very cool! Honda noises must sound good right behind your head!
        If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Comment

Awesome score. Plenty of fun to be had.
          Conor McGregor

Comment

+1 love it!!!
            Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

trdee you know I am going to have to get a supercharger kit for mine now right....

Comment

Haha if you want to get into an arms race I still have a 300rwkw adub up my sleeve

edit: And now thanks to buying this car I need to self isolate for 5 days.

edit#2 rules changed again and i dont need to isolate, yay

Worth it
                Last edited by trdee; 12-02-21, 10:56 PM.
                1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

obamanotbad.png
                  Originally posted by Keith Duckworth
                  "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

Haha, missed this one. Nice buy Vito. Should have dropped past when you went to see Bardin, im about 100m down the road.
                    Chris
                    ------
                    The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
                    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

oh really? i had no idea lol

Comment

That’s very cool man, congrats !

Having seen a few go around Wakefield they are just an absolute weapon on track too, that weight is just beautiful...
                        The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

Originally posted by trdee View Post
                          oh really? i had no idea lol
                          Yeah, only moved recently.

You have sold Bardin on the Elise train now, he was testing the waters if i wanted to buy the Hilux.
                          Chris
                          ------
                          The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
                          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

haha it wasnt a hard sell, he already knew my reasons for looking at one and it ticked similar boxes for him. plus look at his shit eating grin after test driving it...

edit - also I keep discovering more fruit! turns out this thing has a mocal water to oil cooler too! score. should be sweet to just pump out bulk laps once I've got the suspension aligned

Last edited by trdee; 17-02-21, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trdee View Post
                              haha it wasnt a hard sell, he already knew my reasons for looking at one and it ticked similar boxes for him. plus look at his shit eating grin after test driving it...

edit - also I keep discovering more fruit! turns out this thing has a mocal water to oil cooler too! score. should be sweet to just pump out bulk laps once I've got the suspension aligned

i need to get mine fitted too, but with how balls deep i am currently it may be a post bathurst job

Comment

Got the car registered last week, took it out for it's first proper drive on the weekend on a Toymods cruise. Was a bit apprehensive about it clearing the ramp onto the ferry at wisemans, but it made it on and off without any dramas. Only niggling thing really atm is that I've noticed the odometer on the racepak dash isnt actually counting up. I thought it had been when I inspected the car but I must have been wrong. I've contacted Haltech to see if they can give any tips because my own troubleshooting hasn't brought up any results. Also one of the headlight globes is dead so that needs sorting. And a sudden downpour really highlighted that I need to swap the bald Kumho V70As out haha. Skating everywhere

Overall though, really loving this thing. It was exactly what I imagined and hoped it would be. And the missus loves it too, she keeps "volunteering" to drive it, something about it not having a twinplate and a power curve that looks like a ski ramp like my MR2 or something..

Also Chen had to get his best motoring finger pointy thing out because reasons

Comment

Working...
                                X