Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lenjiman
    replied
    Fuck I love this thing, well done Vito!!!

Justengt4 Lotus too? Fuck yeah!!!

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    So the front pads in this thing squeal like a stuck pig. Don't get me wrong, the AW11 uses race pads and they squeal so it's not like I'm looking for butter smooth OEM quietness but jesus christ these things*are just horrendous. They also don't have great feel. The previous owner agreed and said he was actually planning to swap the old pads (pagids) back in himself. Well I finally pulled my finger out last night and swapped them out. Damn these calipers are super super easy to swap pads on. Even easier than the MRP monoblocs on the adub. One of the pins was missing its retainer clip but that was easily sorted. Turns out the squealy pads were Winmax W5s

Also took the car for it's old pac christening run as all my cars do, Marty also had his Yaris out there getting run-in

And finally just a pic of the elise and the adub side by side

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    booo, mod it mod it mod it!

Leave a comment:

• Justengt4
    replied
    It’s a bandwagon alright...my S1 is too stock to warrant a thread though and will stay that way....I want one like this to thrash though , great score

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    I put the elise on a weighbridge just after I bought it. Was 858kg with a brimmed tank of fuel, so call it 850

AW11 is 1115kg. 260ish kg heavier, big difference :/

Even so, the elise works out to be about 173rwkw/tonne whilst the AW11 is 271rwkw/tonne!!!
    Last edited by trdee; 28-02-21, 10:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dougmo
    replied
    What’s the weight of the aw compared to the lotus?
    Mum guessing the lotus is high 800s?

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    Followed the haltech advice and plugged the dash into my laptop and ran the config software. NFI why but the odometer channel was unassigned. Assigned it to ECU speed and all of a sudden the odometer is now counting up. Strange as the dash has some kms on the odo so not sure why but someone must have disabled it at some point? Anyway all working again now

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    My aw11 has ~50% more power to weight but this thing still feels plenty quick, and sounds great too. Gotta take some vids of it

Leave a comment:

• yohoes
    replied
    Thats awesome man, must be a fkn fun thing to punt with the motor swap!

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    Got the car registered last week, took it out for it's first proper drive on the weekend on a Toymods cruise. Was a bit apprehensive about it clearing the ramp onto the ferry at wisemans, but it made it on and off without any dramas. Only niggling thing really atm is that I've noticed the odometer on the racepak dash isnt actually counting up. I thought it had been when I inspected the car but I must have been wrong. I've contacted Haltech to see if they can give any tips because my own troubleshooting hasn't brought up any results. Also one of the headlight globes is dead so that needs sorting. And a sudden downpour really highlighted that I need to swap the bald Kumho V70As out haha. Skating everywhere

Overall though, really loving this thing. It was exactly what I imagined and hoped it would be. And the missus loves it too, she keeps "volunteering" to drive it, something about it not having a twinplate and a power curve that looks like a ski ramp like my MR2 or something..

Also Chen had to get his best motoring finger pointy thing out because reasons

Leave a comment:

• dougmo
    replied
    Originally posted by trdee View Post
    haha it wasnt a hard sell, he already knew my reasons for looking at one and it ticked similar boxes for him. plus look at his shit eating grin after test driving it...

edit - also I keep discovering more fruit! turns out this thing has a mocal water to oil cooler too! score. should be sweet to just pump out bulk laps once I've got the suspension aligned

i need to get mine fitted too, but with how balls deep i am currently it may be a post bathurst job

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    haha it wasnt a hard sell, he already knew my reasons for looking at one and it ticked similar boxes for him. plus look at his shit eating grin after test driving it...

edit - also I keep discovering more fruit! turns out this thing has a mocal water to oil cooler too! score. should be sweet to just pump out bulk laps once I've got the suspension aligned

Last edited by trdee; 17-02-21, 12:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• takai
    replied
    Originally posted by trdee View Post
    oh really? i had no idea lol
    Yeah, only moved recently.

You have sold Bardin on the Elise train now, he was testing the waters if i wanted to buy the Hilux.

Leave a comment:

• Fatboy
    replied
    That’s very cool man, congrats !

Having seen a few go around Wakefield they are just an absolute weapon on track too, that weight is just beautiful...

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    oh really? i had no idea lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X