No announcement yet.

K20A 2004 S2 Elise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats awesome man, must be a fkn fun thing to punt with the motor swap!

Comment

My aw11 has ~50% more power to weight but this thing still feels plenty quick, and sounds great too. Gotta take some vids of it
      1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

Followed the haltech advice and plugged the dash into my laptop and ran the config software. NFI why but the odometer channel was unassigned. Assigned it to ECU speed and all of a sudden the odometer is now counting up. Strange as the dash has some kms on the odo so not sure why but someone must have disabled it at some point? Anyway all working again now
        1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

What’s the weight of the aw compared to the lotus?
          Mum guessing the lotus is high 800s?

Comment

I put the elise on a weighbridge just after I bought it. Was 858kg with a brimmed tank of fuel, so call it 850

AW11 is 1115kg. 260ish kg heavier, big difference :/

Even so, the elise works out to be about 173rwkw/tonne whilst the AW11 is 271rwkw/tonne!!!
            Last edited by trdee; 28-02-21, 10:51 PM.

Comment

It’s a bandwagon alright...my S1 is too stock to warrant a thread though and will stay that way....I want one like this to thrash though , great score
              GT8
              1UZ Celica
              1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

booo, mod it mod it mod it!

Comment

So the front pads in this thing squeal like a stuck pig. Don't get me wrong, the AW11 uses race pads and they squeal so it's not like I'm looking for butter smooth OEM quietness but jesus christ these things*are just horrendous. They also don't have great feel. The previous owner agreed and said he was actually planning to swap the old pads (pagids) back in himself. Well I finally pulled my finger out last night and swapped them out. Damn these calipers are super super easy to swap pads on. Even easier than the MRP monoblocs on the adub. One of the pins was missing its retainer clip but that was easily sorted. Turns out the squealy pads were Winmax W5s

Also took the car for it's old pac christening run as all my cars do, Marty also had his Yaris out there getting run-in

And finally just a pic of the elise and the adub side by side

Comment

Fuck I love this thing, well done Vito!!!

Justengt4 Lotus too? Fuck yeah!!!

Comment

sounds alright

Comment

Size does matter

Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
                        Originally posted by nutttr
                        People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Finally able to get rid of those nasty std yellow plates. First time I've ordered custom plates for a car haha

Comment

Love the personalised plate

Is it an optical illusion, or are the 8 and the 5 sligtly out of whack, compared to the other letters on the plate?

Comment

Great plate lol

Comment

I'm trying to work out where the extra 50kg came from. When I owned the car and corner weighted it, it was exactly 800kg with half a tank of fuel.

I had TE37s which are a bit lighter than the current wheels. I also never weighed it with a hardtop either.
                                If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Comment

Working...
                                X