No announcement yet.

K20A 2004 S2 Elise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well no wakefield times anytime soon. No anything anytime soon, so washed the car for the first time in a couple months and it's now parked under a dust cover with the trickle charger on it etc. Sad times

1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

Factory immobiliser in the Elise was playing up. Is a known issue with them so I just bit the bullet and got rid of it. In the process I disturbed the stereo wiring and blew a fuse. This is what greeted me behind the stereo :/ looks like further wiring work in the near future!

1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

You know it was a quality job when bullet connectors are involved.
        Norbie!

Comment

So yeah immobiliser and stereo sorted. FInally got to take this thing for a drive outside my suburb now that lockdown is over. Turns out a bunch of other lotus owners had the same idea when I stumbled across a few at pie in the sky on the old pacific highway

Also I've been thinking about wrapping the elise in a brighter colour. I like the blue, and it has a real nice colour to it in sunlight, but I dunno. I feel like elises need to be brightly coloured?

Comment

It just needs some stripes to break up all of that blue.
            If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Comment

And some boosts

Comment

Dark wheels tend to get lost on blue and the car looks 'dark' overall, maybe silver or light gold?

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by THE CHIEF View Post
                  And lots of boosts
                  FTFY
                  Norbie!

Comment

Originally posted by gmr View Post
                    Dark wheels tend to get lost on blue and the car looks 'dark' overall, maybe silver or light gold?
                    Hmm yeah lighter wheels would help. Could get the wheels powdercoated in a bronze/gold colour.

And no boosts! I might throw some kelford cams at it just for shits and giggles but if I want to hurl myself at the horizon with reckless abandon then I have the high boost switch on the AW11 for that... this thing is already 180rwkw/tonne so it's plenty quick. The AW11 is 280rwkw/tonne :D :D

The engine bay in this thing is pretty tight and I dont want to be removing the clamshell every second time I drive it because some hose failed or some gasket blew like what happens on the AW11. At least that car is pretty well set up for serviceability. Plus this is my N/A screamer in the garage trifecta
                    Last edited by trdee; 19-10-21, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X