• Show
Clear All

• Norbie
    replied
    Nice one!

Leave a comment:

• Morgs
    replied
    Awesome! How was the long drive back surely torture in a thing like that!?

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    Yep and Banzai has been very helpful providing me all sorts of history on the car and also mentioning some mods I wasnt aware of etc. Thanks heaps man

Leave a comment:

• Banzai
    replied
    Originally posted by BHDave View Post
    Was this Banzai 's old Elise?
    Yes, that is my old Elise. I still miss it.

Leave a comment:

• The Panda
    replied
    Wow that is all kinds of awesome. Nice find!!

Leave a comment:

• BHDave
    replied
    Was this Banzai 's old Elise?

Leave a comment:

• nopistons
    replied
    I endorse this product.

Good catch!

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    Got down there and did the usual checks for damage etc, did a comp test, everything looked good!

Car also came with a hard top, a spare set of team dynamics wheels, some springs, another swaybar, all sorts of random bits and pieces too. Filled out the paperwork, paid the money, shook hands etc and off we went over to Bardin's place in Melb to stay the night before heading back to Sydney. Whilst there, he offloaded some parts for some Sydney toymods members, including a TA22 radiator. The work hilux was full of tools I had taken down as well as the spares that came with the elise, so the radiator had to run passenger in the elise lol

10hrs of driving later and it was back in my garage. Still havent finished putting shelving etc up so it's pretty cramped in there atm

Went to work with it yesterday and got a blueslip from the local mechanic. Also took the car to a local weighbridge - 858KG

And that's where it sits atm. Hopefully get it regoed in the next few days and then give it a good once over (it needs a wheel alignment badly) and then start just enjoying it!!
    Last edited by trdee; 10-02-21, 10:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    started a topic K20A 2004 S2 Elise

K20A 2004 S2 Elise

So it seems lotuses are the new PF bandwagon and I wanted to join in So once I bought my house and had some more garage space, I finally was ready to get a third car. The goal was always to get an angry n/a car to complement the angry turbo car (AW11) and the cruiser (MA61) that I already had. Back before jap shitboxes went retarded, that was going to be something like an AE86 or TA22. But now that actual good cars are cheaper than rusty corollas I decided to get something else... enter the lotus elise.

Originally I was planning on getting something relatively standard and slowly building it, maybe K-swap it etc. But then I got a PM on Aussie Elises from a guy in VIC selling a K20A-swapped, highly modified elise for the price of a regular one on carsales! And it was already engineered in NSW!! Deal was done and I was off with the missus to drive down to Geelong to pick the car up barely a day later.

The mods list as far as I know:

Spoon K20A, HPE install kit
    JDM Civic 6spd and torsen LSD
    Nitron Quickrack
    B&M Short Shifter
    Quantum coilovers
    Heavy duty rear toe-links with rose-joints
    Racepak Dash
    Haltech platinum plugin ecu with flex fuel
    Hybrid racing fuel rail and uprated injectors
    Lots of interior carbon fibre bits.
    Rear panel eliminator
    Proalloy fuel tank and uprated pump
    Exige drivers seat & LUKE harnesses
    Hardtop
    2 piece disc upgrade
    Lithium battery
    Triple pass radiator
    Reverie side scoops

Pre-purchase pics

Last edited by trdee; 10-02-21, 10:49 PM.
Working...
X