X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trdee
    replied
    Originally posted by gmr View Post
    Dark wheels tend to get lost on blue and the car looks 'dark' overall, maybe silver or light gold?
    Hmm yeah lighter wheels would help. Could get the wheels powdercoated in a bronze/gold colour.

And no boosts! I might throw some kelford cams at it just for shits and giggles but if I want to hurl myself at the horizon with reckless abandon then I have the high boost switch on the AW11 for that... this thing is already 180rwkw/tonne so it's plenty quick. The AW11 is 280rwkw/tonne :D :D

The engine bay in this thing is pretty tight and I dont want to be removing the clamshell every second time I drive it because some hose failed or some gasket blew like what happens on the AW11. At least that car is pretty well set up for serviceability. Plus this is my N/A screamer in the garage trifecta
    Last edited by trdee; 19-10-21, 01:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Norbie
    replied
    Originally posted by THE CHIEF View Post
    And lots of boosts
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• gmr
    replied
    Dark wheels tend to get lost on blue and the car looks 'dark' overall, maybe silver or light gold?

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• THE CHIEF
    replied
    And some boosts

Leave a comment:

• Banzai
    replied
    It just needs some stripes to break up all of that blue.

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    So yeah immobiliser and stereo sorted. FInally got to take this thing for a drive outside my suburb now that lockdown is over. Turns out a bunch of other lotus owners had the same idea when I stumbled across a few at pie in the sky on the old pacific highway

Also I've been thinking about wrapping the elise in a brighter colour. I like the blue, and it has a real nice colour to it in sunlight, but I dunno. I feel like elises need to be brightly coloured?

Leave a comment:

• Norbie
    replied
    You know it was a quality job when bullet connectors are involved.

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    Factory immobiliser in the Elise was playing up. Is a known issue with them so I just bit the bullet and got rid of it. In the process I disturbed the stereo wiring and blew a fuse. This is what greeted me behind the stereo :/ looks like further wiring work in the near future!

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    Well no wakefield times anytime soon. No anything anytime soon, so washed the car for the first time in a couple months and it's now parked under a dust cover with the trickle charger on it etc. Sad times

Leave a comment:

• Banzai
    replied
    With a properly good driver and the right track conditions I reckon the car could get into the 1.05s.

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    If it goes faster than the AW11 I am going to have to press pgup on the boost controller a bit hahaha

Leave a comment:

• Banzai
    replied
    A 1:07 is definitely doable. I did 1.08.00 and I'm not that great a driver.

Agree that a remote oil filter would be a good modification. I considered it before selling the car.

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    Yeah so servicing this thing is a bit of a pain in the arse. This is the whole space I have to play with to get to the oil filter. Not easy when it's on super tight!! Might look into a remote filter setup soon

Cool little easter egg on the sump though

Assuming restrictions are removed in time, there is a supersprint in August at wakefield park which I am planning on entering with the elise, just to see what kind of time it can do there. Given the performance at luddenham, I'm thinking a 1:07 isn't out of the question?

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    You built a mighty fine car mate :D

Leave a comment:

• Banzai
    replied
    I miss my old Elise. Good to see it being used as intended though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X