Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah bud!

Comment

I honestly thought I could not take your disappoint any further, yet somehow have managed to find a way to do it again by taking the absolute worst photos of car tonight. Fuck me right?

I was rushing home and trying to beat the daylight and obviously my phone camera didn’t like that.

so anyways without further fluffing here are the wheels, sorry, im so so sorry plenty forgive please.

They fit good? and no scrubbing or rubbing even at full lock.

Tyres are fronts 225 / 40 /18 and rears are 255 / 35 / 18

They stretch pretty well and not too aggressive?

I still need to sort out the coilover heights but I think I wont touch it until I can finish the exhaust so I can make sure it’s all at legal height. It doesn’t look too bad at this height, and I have taken some sharp bends quickly to see if it scrapes but it doesn’t.

When I had it in the air the poke looks like 10mm but now its on the ground its hard to spot which is good.

It would be nice lower it a touch more, I do need to be practical as well since it’s a daily. Really need to wait for exhaust.

So as you can see I’m no cool 100% JDM no boosheet kid, the wheels are obviously fakes. My vision for the wheels was to try and style the car as if it was put together by someone that wasn’t into the VIP scene, or maybe before VIP style really took off? I dunno, I am not a fan of VIP at all which is hard since an Aristo is a prime candidate car for the style.

I went looking for pictures from the early 2000’s to see how they were styled in Japan back then and I only found a few pics that were not VIP with BBS LM’s or Volk Racing Evo 4’s, but they were 17’s and 18’s which helped me decide not to go bigger than 18inch.

Other things I wanted was a chrome stepped lip, painted centre and lots of dish. I don’t like flat lip or no lip.

Wheels that suit that criteria were:
      BBS LM
      SSR Koenig
      Nismo LMGT1
      Any of the Work Meisters
      Any of the SSR professors

And if I could afford any of them I would have, but have u seen the prices of this shit? **Clutches heart and butthole**

I set about looking for the best rep of any of the above wheels and came across a few manufacturers and whittled it down to JNC Wheels.

SO many reps out there but was still hard to find ones that look completely NOT shit, and also have the right sizes, widths, the right offset and are the right price, can you fucken believe some reps are getting as exxy as the real things?

Anyway these are JNC Wheels JNC010 18x9+30 and 18x10+30. They actually had a nice BBS LM rep (JNC005) in similar sizes F8.5 R9.5

I went looking and found a pretty ok price on ebay or direct from their website and would have got a set here (with a gold painted centre) for $1600ish

Then for some reason a set pops up on scumtree for $1200.
      They have the machined finish but I figure if I can save $400 I can plastidip them the colour I want.

So I ring the guy and he is SUPER ENTHUSIASTIC.

HEY MAN YEAH YOU WANT THESE WHEELS NO WORRIES BUD
      Yeah ok umm yeah well at $1200 u are kinda saving me some dollars since they are $1600 on ebay so ill take em.
      YO MAN YOU WANT THEM SWEET HOW ABOUT YOU HAVE THEM FOR $1100
      I said I was ok to pay $1200 but yeah ok $1100 ill come pick them up.

So here I am driving to Zetland with my 4yr old kid in the back seat wondering if I was gonna get mugged? Like fuck he was way too friendly yeah? wasn’t he? And why did he willingly knock off $100 for no reason?? Ahh fuck here we go.

So I pull up and fuck, this dude is fucking jacked to the tits and im just a fucking skinny punk nerd who couldn’t win a fight against a pool noodle. Anyway, he was friendly as fuck and loaded up the wheels and took my envelope full of cash and even refused to count it. Then I drove home I guess.

So in between the ronal teddy debacle and now I ebayed some wheel nuts, hub centric rings and finally got the tyres on it and here we are.

I have another kid due in 4 weeks so not going to do much more on the car, it will give me time to think about whether I want to paint the wheel centres or not. I like the matte bronze some of the SSR Koenigs come with, and matte gold work well with white cars also. I think it does need some colour to break up the silver. I have seen some of these wheels in dark colours on the fitmentindustries site and they don’t look good at all, the spokes seem to disappear so a light or bright colour it needs to be.

I have a mate who has a good camera so I will try my best to properly clean the car and get some good photos. Or if you are that desperate, come visit, since I aint goin nowhere when the new baby comes.

so so so sorry…………………………………….. sorry.

www.holditflat.com

Comment

sorry
        www.holditflat.com

Comment

Shit, I didn't know the wheels were hot

Comment

Awww yeeeh! I like it, acceptable climax.
            Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by schnitzelburger View Post
              sorry
              You should be....

No teddies, no care.....

Comment

Yeah nice one! I reckon you're on to something with a gold/bronze centre to give them some 'pop'.

Originally posted by schnitzelburger View Post
                I have another kid due in 4 weeks
                Also I'd missed this. Congrats!

Comment

Bronze centre FTW

Comment

I don't care what the wheel hypebeasts say, reps are fine. Because there is 100% going to be that day you come in a bit too hot to a curb and give them a Rashy. They look great bud i recon gold centres with the white body will look mint.

Comment

Originally posted by Do the safety dance. View Post
                      Shit, I didn't know the wheels were hot
                      thanks bro

Originally posted by piss98 View Post
                      Awww yeeeh! I like it, acceptable climax.
                      phew!

Originally posted by PXL265 View Post

You should be....

No teddies, no care.....

Originally posted by andy_wk View Post
                      Yeah nice one! I reckon you're on to something with a gold/bronze centre to give them some 'pop'.

Also I'd missed this. Congrats!

thanks bo-bandy

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post
                      Bronze centre FTW
                      yeah i think its going to be the way

Originally posted by mansell89 View Post
                      I don't care what the wheel hypebeasts say, reps are fine. Because there is 100% going to be that day you come in a bit too hot to a curb and give them a Rashy. They look great bud i recon gold centres with the white body will look mint.
                      yeah there is no way the tyre will save me with these and cheers
                      www.holditflat.com

Comment

They look noice, mang! I also agree with the bronze centre. BTW, you missed blurring a plate

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Originally posted by Old Major
                        Perhaps she feels inadequate when you cum in other guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Nitephyre View Post
                          They look noice, mang! I also agree with the bronze centre. BTW, you missed blurring a plate
                          thanks
                          another photoshop hehe
                          www.holditflat.com

Comment

Congrats on the new arrival! Disappointment in the reveal... I was really expecting teddies...pink ones.
                            Originally posted by PLAYA
                            World's richest women again via divorce.

Originally posted by piss98
                            fuck I'd be happy to suck Bill Gates off

Comment

Small mod but a VERY important one for me.

Since getting the aristo I have been looking out for a set of Lexus GS300 sun visors.

For some reason Mr Toyoda didn’t seem to think that this small feature would be useful in an Aristo despite them being 90% the same car as the GS300.

Most wreckers were asking $70 per side for a sun visor, so I was sure to bide my time and wait for someone who was wrecking on marketplace.

Then finally got a full set for the syrupy price of $30 delivered. Old mate originally wanted $10 for the driver side and I said I’d send him $30 if he posted it to me. He then chucked the other one in for free so did me a massive solid since I was GAGGING to do this mod. GAGGING.

They got delivered pretty grubby so hit them with the Bissell upholstery cleaner and hit all of the plastic stuff with my new cleaning discovery which was some waterless handwash. Man its such a handy cleaner, and since it’s pretty much on everyone’s desk these days just smash it onto some tissues and wipe away.

I couldn’t bare to just let that sticker be peeled up on the corner like that so I ripped it off OCD much? They came up alright tho.

So out with the old ones, you just move a little plastic cover out of the way then unscrew it with a Phillips screwdriver and unplug the electrical connector.

And now to compare the two. So whats the big deal they look the same don’t they???

Well if you touch the GS300 one just right then………..

Whoa steady on!!! Looks like it got a bit excited!! Now let’s see how that translates to being in the car.

Sweet sweet relief from that stupid motherfucker of a sun.

As anyone who has met me will know, I actually am GANGSTA AS FUCK, and hence at all times piloting an automobile it is mandatory that I shall be RIDIN’ DIRTY, therefore I always assume the position of DIRTY. Or I have lanky arms and legs and so the seat has to go back and I am always stuck getting hit full pelt in the side of the eye by the sun through the gap at the end of the sun visor.

I was GAGGING for this mod and let me tell you as someone who has to travel north to work and south home it was a long time coming.

PEACE.
                              www.holditflat.com

Comment

Wheels look good, bronze will be the go I reckon!

I can absolutely appreciate the sik sun visor mod!

Comment

Working...
                                X