The Quick Wristy… Toyota Aristo JZS161

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fucken cunts!!!

Every single bit of damage of both my cars was caused by someone else, and they all decided that it would be best to not leave a note, and put things right.

Gutted for you

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post
      Fucken cunts!!!

Every single bit of damage of both my cars was caused by someone else, and they all decided that it would be best to not leave a note, and put things right.

Gutted for you
      thanks man i knew right from the start that i wasnt going to be able to work out who it was since the cameras at work only show one side of the carpark and the damage most likely happened when i was parked in the black spot area. Kept me from stewnig over it for the whole weekend at least.
      www.holditflat.com

Comment

Love the green Perspex, surprised to read it was some left over bits you cobbled together. Wish I could cobbled stuff together in plastic that looked good

Don't stress about the dent. PDR will make it like nothing happened cheaply. Call your local new car dealer in your area and ask who they use for new delivered cars
        "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post
          Love the green Perspex, surprised to read it was some left over bits you cobbled together. Wish I could cobbled stuff together in plastic that looked good

Don't stress about the dent. PDR will make it like nothing happened cheaply. Call your local new car dealer in your area and ask who they use for new delivered cars
          thanks i didnt think the green perspex would be such a hit lol.

car feels fucking good at 16.5psi, so good that i thought something was wrong with it coming out of an intersection when it was on stock boost setting.

i did manage to work out how to set up the rocker switch to work with the scramble channel. I like that its tactile and i can click it to high and stock boost without looking.

enjoying the car muchly and i have plans to get to Do the safety dance's shop soon to fab up a ugly shit obnoxious exhaust.
          www.holditflat.com

Comment

Approved modz.

I only recently thought of using scramble boost modes like that, in my head I've always associated scramble boost with the 400PS car making 400PS at normal boost, and Max Orido smashing scramble boost to overtake on the back straight at 520PS and coast across the line on a cracked engine block. 35 year old me figured out scramble boost doesn't have to be >100%.

Comment

Originally posted by nopistons View Post
              Approved modz.

I only recently thought of using scramble boost modes like that, in my head I've always associated scramble boost with the 400PS car making 400PS at normal boost, and Max Orido smashing scramble boost to overtake on the back straight at 520PS and coast across the line on a cracked engine block. 35 year old me figured out scramble boost doesn't have to be >100%.
              yeah i thought it was like that too, set scramble to go for X seconds or on a momentary switch. Turns out reading the instructions helps, who knew
              www.holditflat.com

Comment

Built an exhaust for this, I have quite the penchant for shitty mild steel systems, it took a lot of shitty work to get it looking shitty like this.

Gimmie dem tips

Ohhhh Billy, mild steel to staino to mild steel yeeeeeeeessssssssssss

The resonator section bolts onto the back of the factory cat, it was chopped from an abandoned aristo 147 exhaust and is 3 inch replacing I think maybe factory 2inch. It fit good and required hardly any modification so we kept it.

Then to 3 inch varex tucked into the hole fit for the tiny factory centre muffler.

It splits into 2.5inch which was previously split into probably 1.75inch resonators.

Then into two 2.5inch straight through rear mufflers and out the back of 4inch tips.

The most exxy bits was the varex and rear mufflers, I did buy a meter each of 2.5, 3, and 4. The rest was shit we scrounged from the workshop.

There is about 17 more welds needed than usual, had some drama with wrong welding gas, so much grinding back happened that my poo next day sparkled in the toilet light. Its got some metric pipe thrown in to the mix and can you believe it, a section of RS-R exhaust that allegedly existed on Bill Sherwood’s sprinter which we purposely kept the RS-R placard on. Mother of god its perfect.

In saying this, the thing has been tucked up so well, no banging and importantly no scraping either.

I cant hear it with the varex closed so perfect for the daily commute and when I want to hoon press the button and way she goes bubs.

www.holditflat.com

Comment

Nicely done. Nothing wrong with mild steel, it will likely outlast the car.
                  Norbie!

Comment

Very nice

Most importantly, how does she sounds when opened right up, when compared to the factory system?

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie View Post
                      Nicely done. Nothing wrong with mild steel, it will likely outlast the car.
                      thanks and yep agreed.

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post
                      Very nice

Most importantly, how does she sounds when opened right up, when compared to the factory system?
                      well here is a vid, hope it works and i hope you all like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8gqIMaXnhk
                      www.holditflat.com

Comment

That is a whole lot better in sound
                        "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Yep, that JZ idle burble is about perfect

Comment

That damn welding gas killed my life. Probs got half a spool of filler wire under the car now.

Comment

Good stuff mate 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Do the safety dance. View Post
                                That damn welding gas killed my life. Probs got half a spool of filler wire under the car now.
                                i didnt want to implicate you but you've done it now. So the truth is Do The Safety Dance wont turn the shelding gas on unless he's 3 kebabs and 4 atomic wristys in, and thats regardless of how much you're already paying him.

I joke tho, he is a champ and was supplied the wrong gas and was way way too generous with is time and skills than i deserved. Seriously bloke let me know and i will come out to help on the house/cars/sweep the workshop/scrub the dunny whatever man.

Originally posted by andy_wk View Post
                                Good stuff mate 👍
                                cheers fanny lobes, why no updates on baguette mobile?
                                www.holditflat.com

Comment

Working...
                                X