S14 Saga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rascasse View Post
    I might have missed it Locky, but does this represent the build as at current day?

Damn the S14 has seen some changes over the years (I remember following it's different iterations on SilNSW, JDMST & NS.com).

It's coming together well and those wheels are so well suited.
    Yeah s14 build is currently up to date with some flash backs when I feel appropriate. As not everyone has seen all my dumb decisions over the years like yourself haha

Comment

Originally posted by StupidFlanders View Post
      How did you install new subframe bushes, hammer?
      Yeah the pbm ones are an easy fit and just tap straight in as a bit smaller.
      Compared to the SPL ones that were probably a couple of mm bigger so needed a lot more encouragement

Comment

Where did you get them? I need to do them too, been putting it off because it’s a shitful job.
        Originally posted by Rdyno
        It's fucking storytime with Rdyno cunt shut the fuck up and fuck off.

Comment

Originally posted by StupidFlanders View Post
          Where did you get them? I need to do them too, been putting it off because it’s a shitful job.
          Back in 2012 haha
          they were in the car before it was stripped and when then put them in a box till found them recently.

I got whitelines in my s13 though as solid hopefully won't thrash out as bad as oem but still rubber. Paid someone to press them in and out

Comment

Oh, I just realised yours are solids.

Comment

These cars seem like they are in great condition! What polishing products do you use to polish your cars? I have trouble polishing my Kawasaki Ninja H2.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesKnt View Post
                These cars seem like they are in great condition! What polishing products do you use to polish your cars? I have trouble polishing my Kawasaki Ninja H2.
                Have you tried polish? That usually works good.

Comment

So while waiting for the engine I did some more odd jobs.

Built a little nudge bar for the rear as s14s have nothing there from factory
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	20210507_165935.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	7260006

Started the wiring relocation.
                  Pulled apart the glove box so just the hinge and cover, looks like the relay box and ecu should fit in there fine. Just have to make a mount so don't flop out when opened

Name:	20210523_154916.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	7260008

Reloomed the stripped down body wiring to the engine bay and started doing the same with the engine loom

Name:	20210507_152717.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	7260010

Then the engine...
                  It started as just slap some bearings in and hope for the best.
                  Then went to let's do a oem refresh and take the head off, new rings and head gasket just with studs.
                  but then after a hone this was found.

So has done exactly what I didn't want, and snowballed into a big build. Not big for PF but for someone who used to just slap wrecker motors in seems a big deal for me.
                  So its getting machined out and going oversized forged pistons and rods and new oil pump while we are at it.

Name:	received_896622517561688.jpeg
Views:	180
Size:	734.3 KB
ID:	7260005

So then that blew up any hopes of the drift car being done soon.

But need that S14 content
                  Got talking to someone and randomly they were going to go halves in a S14 that was registered but was running rough that a friend of a friend was thinking of selling. It needed a good coing over as never got sorted after a rb25 swap. But their friend pulled out and didn't take his low ball.

I said to pass on details if he wasn't keen understanding the guy was firm on a price that still seemed like a good deal. Went and checked it out and was a running driving car that needed mainly just a tidy up.

But we did a cold compression test and had next to nothing in cylinder 6.
                  Took it for a drive and drove pretty bad cold but seemed reasonable when it warmed up.
                  Tried comp test again but still way way too low.

Had a chat and he came down a bit but not as much as I hoped.

Did the sums the next day and the car still made sense. Even worse case had to part out. So the next weekend I picked it up.

Name:	20210530_131448.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	4.07 MB
ID:	7260009

It's a 97 s2 luxury.
                  All the usual suspension stuff done to it.
                  Mostly Plastic jdm kit.
                  S1 rb25 running all s2 electronic with a wiring specialities conversion loom
                  34 gear box
                  33 brakes
                  Ect ect

Also found out later was a friend's car he had for ages and sold about 6 years ago

But have tried a few things and the compression is still no good so looks like that engine is coming out too hahaha

Kinda wish I didn't sell the NA 25 that was in the drift car as could slap that in, but alas have to try and get a reasonably priced 25 in this market

So made myself feel better by throwing on a brand new jdm grill that I bought before I even got the car haha

Name:	20210606_164543.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	7260007

Comment

That RB S14 is a win! Will be a cracking thing once mechanically sorted.

Comment

How much do you charge to travel to Melbourne and relocate fuse boxes lol, it's safe down here swear

This popped up last night if you're open to interstate, https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...9-8f609d7439cc

Comment

Originally posted by gmr View Post
                        How much do you charge to travel to Melbourne and relocate fuse boxes lol, it's safe down here swear

This popped up last night if you're open to interstate, https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...9-8f609d7439cc
                        I haven't seen if anything works yet so don't get too keen haha

Checking out a long block on the public holiday locally and hopefully that will at least have some compression

Comment

Originally posted by Rascasse View Post
                          That RB S14 is a win! Will be a cracking thing once mechanically sorted.
                          I'm hoping so
                          it feels pretty slow atm but only running like 0.4 bar boost so that's probably a contributing factor

Never had a turbo rb car though besides a nugget rb20 32 as a back up car one ebisu trip so will be interesting to see the difference to sr20

Comment

Originally posted by (Locky) View Post

Also found out later was a friend's car he had for ages and sold about 6 years ago

But have tried a few things and the compression is still no good so looks like that engine is coming out too hahaha

Kinda wish I didn't sell the NA 25 that was in the drift car as could slap that in, but alas have to try and get a reasonably priced 25 in this market

So made myself feel better by throwing on a brand new jdm grill that I bought before I even got the car haha
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	20210606_164543.jpg Views:	85 Size:	2.25 MB ID:	7260007
                            Looks good.. but ? even RB25DET are worth silly money now? fark, maybe it's just me but my pricing is still very much in 2015 where you could buy those for about $3k. Still was an awesome motor for the time though. Like an RB30ET without 1980's aids. And fucking awesome in a lighter chasis. I remember my near stock RB25DET in an R32 with a good handling setup was a blast.
                            Last edited by fury; 10-06-21, 08:11 PM.
                            RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

Did I see a Morris ute in one of the pics?

Comment

Originally posted by fury View Post

Looks good.. but ? even RB25DET are worth silly money now? fark, maybe it's just me but my pricing is still very much in 2015 where you could buy those for about $3k. Still was an awesome motor for the time though. Like an RB30ET without 1980's aids. And fucking awesome in a lighter chasis. I remember my near stock RB25DET in an R32 with a good handling setup was a blast.
                                Yeah nothing going around

Half of what for sale are awd motors,
                                Wreckers want nearly 4k for a long block 4.5k with manifolds for a rwd motor
                                Like everything else has gone crazy in last 18 months, even SR20s are about the same

Comment

Working...
                                X