Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

saving the first mitsubishi ute from scrap (barely)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigJonWB View Post

Sounds perfect for a PF build.
    I did leave a "if you ever want to sell it" note on his door with my phone number. It's been parked in by 2 swb 1st gen pajeros for at least 3 years.

Comment

V good.

Out of intetest ,why does the Weber need an electric fuel pump?.
      I assume its got a mech pump now?

Comment

9triton mech pump is 7-9psi, low flow rate. The Weber wants 2-4.5psi max with high flow rate. Carb builder suggested 60gph, as has seen the same carb lean out with 40gph. With stock jets etc the carb apparently wants at least 35gph, and the Americans with the same mech pump generally see it fail shortly after fitting a fuel regulator after it. Real shame, as I love the extreme electrical simplicity of this car currently.
        Last edited by aerobrick; 24-02-21, 04:46 PM.

Comment

I'm going to be driving 6 hours round trip to pick up this ridiculous mint delivery-optioned canopy that I've never seen before, and have ordered a full set of door and windscreen rubbers for the inevitable respray. I guess that means I've become an L200 weird beard. Jesus christ. Not sure if that's better or worse than my 4 year forester build.

Click image for larger version

Name:	canopy1.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	7231759

Name:	canopy2.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	7231760

Comment

Fuck yeh - 80's aero!
            Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

This will end up one of the coolest utes on PF. Please proceed post haste in making it so.....

Comment

Originally posted by PXL265 View Post
                This will end up one of the coolest utes on PF. Please proceed post haste in making it so.....

Nah just kidding... nice score on the canopy Mr Brick, that is fucking mint!

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Originally posted by Old Major
                Perhaps she feels inadequate when you cum in other guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Nitephyre View Post

Nah just kidding... nice score on the canopy Mr Brick, that is fucking mint!
                  I did say one of......

Stanley being included in that list obviously, though technically, Stanley isn't a ute ....

Comment

Originally posted by aerobrick View Post
                    I'm going to be driving 6 hours round trip to pick up this ridiculous mint delivery-optioned canopy that I've never seen before, and have ordered a full set of door and windscreen rubbers for the inevitable respray. I guess that means I've become an L200 weird beard. Jesus christ. Not sure if that's better or worse than my 4 year forester build.

Name:	canopy1.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	7231759

Name:	canopy2.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	7231760

that was a challenge but i got there in the end

Comment

I picked up mine 3 years ago as a cheap farm ute, and while it had certainly been fucked with there were no load-bearing cable ties nor fencing wire holding together and iit had just had new superpro bushes throughout. Plus Tasmania being the magical backwater it is, transfering ownership of a registered vehicle doesn't require a roadworthy. Hence the exceptionally unsafe shitboxes that call regional Tasmania home.
                      I vaguely wondered why so much 'good stuff' I see for sale is in Tas.

Cool car in a nice part of the world is pretty great.

Comment

Nitephyre no competition compared to a 60s Toyota, I love those old trucks!

Wire-wheeled + rustcovertered + painted the rear chassis while the tub's off, doing the same to the tub ATM. Also got the canopy on and making brackets to utilise existing holes in the tub. There are already so many, no need for more.

Name:	20210305_152036_copy_756x1008.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	314.6 KB
ID:	7233568

Name:	20210307_145723_copy_1008x756.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	335.9 KB
ID:	7233569
                        Seems like the curve in the cab roofline is perfectly continued through the canopy. Should look good if that's the case. By '81 Challenge were making the more square canopies with rough texture that we're all familiar with.

Comment

Originally posted by aerobrick View Post
                          I picked up mine 3 years ago as a cheap farm ute, and while it had certainly been fucked with there were no load-bearing cable ties nor fencing wire holding together and iit had just had new superpro bushes throughout. Plus Tasmania being the magical backwater it is, transfering ownership of a registered vehicle doesn't require a roadworthy. Hence the exceptionally unsafe shitboxes that call regional Tasmania home.
                          Shhh, don't tell everyone the secret.

Really cool old ute. Looking forward to seeing how it comes out.
                          I've got a hard on for old Hiluxes of similar era, and am perpetually on the lookout for one, so this thread will either be an encouragement or deterrent.
                          Swedish Soot Chucker
                          Orange Accident KE10

Comment

Working...
                          X