Sw20 MR2 V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sw20 MR2 V6

So I picked this up, it’s a 1990 with a 3VZ, good base, but needs a tidy up. Thinking of selling the 3VZ conversion and putting a 2GR in it instead with Haltech or similar ecu.

Always loved these since I sat in one as a teenager at the Melbourne motor show.

Any suggestions or tips advised, I know fuck all about them compared to my other builds...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is K24 turbo an option mate ?

Always liked these things. Were too expensive back when i was a kid though !
    The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

Originally posted by Fatboy View Post
      Is K24 turbo an option mate ?

Always liked these things. Were too expensive back when i was a kid though !
      Hey Paul, yeah I did consider a K24, would be a bigger conversion than the v6 Toyota though due to using the Honda gearbox hence needed to do driveshafts, shifter etc etc. atleast with the Toyota v6= sale box, and vvti 3.5ltr... plus Atmo so simple conversion. Granted a booked k24 would be much quicker

Comment

if you can keep the same box with a 2GR swap the fuck yeah why not?
        Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
        And I’ve explained many times this is not just another four year election.

The outcome will determine civilisation as we know it.

Comment

2gr plus spoolyboi?

either way subbed
          I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
          WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
          robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloth View Post
            2gr plus spoolyboi?

either way subbed
            Possibly, from what I gather would require a E153 trans which are becoming hard to find- but if I can find one, then a GT35 would make sense 🤔

Comment

+1 Honda engine.

i would not waste my time these days on any Honda V6 in an MR2 and would just go straight to Honda.
              CISCOKIDS
              The Gentlemen's Club
              Midnight Rocker

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo 351 View Post
                Hey Paul, yeah I did consider a K24, would be a bigger conversion than the v6 Toyota though due to using the Honda gearbox hence needed to do driveshafts, shifter etc etc. atleast with the Toyota v6= sale box, and vvti 3.5ltr... plus Atmo so simple conversion. Granted a booked k24 would be much quicker
                Yeah, makes sense but......... how fast do you want to go Glen ?

I'm sure it'll be a cool thing regardless, but just throwing it out there mate. Sorry... lol !

The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

Seen a couple of V6 conversions on Youtube and they seem like a great option!
                  "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                  (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                  Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

with the v6.. mini nsx!!
                    Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                    Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

2gr + FMW intake + ecu flash + headers = lots of fun, just finished mine into my aw11.

the sw20+2gr is a well documented swap now even with a s54 tranny not the e153 (which I paid through the nose for even pre-covid!)

Comment

Originally posted by kedderz View Post
                        2gr + FMW intake + ecu flash + headers = lots of fun, just finished mine into my aw11.

the sw20+2gr is a well documented swap now even with a s54 tranny not the e153 (which I paid through the nose for even pre-covid!)
                        Any idea where i can get a E153 transmission? Link to your swap?

Comment

No build thread for mine, e153 you could try https://mr2wreckers.com.au/ or the facebook groups, they come up every now and again but are in demand tbh and will be 2500+ just for the gearbox.

You will also have to buy the turbo axles etc which arent cheap and I'd recomend buying new ones rather than someones fucked ones but they too arent cheap...

https://www.tcsmotorsports.com/produ...0OiYQG2gPZti8k

Comment

whats stopping you using the camry v6 e153?
                            I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
                            WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
                            robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

shifter setup / linkages are on the opposite side to each other being the main one, not insurmountable and theres guides around to do it.

some 2gr swapped sw20s have the 5th gear swapped over from the camry box as its more highway friendly, on mine i fkn love buzzing through the gears and hardly ever get to 100 anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X