No announcement yet.

Sw20 MR2 V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my god I miss my SW20 so much. Subbed.

Nice pick up. What is the reasoning behind the 2gr over the 3vz?

Comment

Originally posted by kedderz View Post
      2gr + FMW intake + ecu flash + headers = lots of fun, just finished mine into my aw11.

the sw20+2gr is a well documented swap now even with a s54 tranny not the e153 (which I paid through the nose for even pre-covid!)
      2GR AW11 sounds like a fucking awesome idea!

Comment

Originally posted by The Panda View Post
        Oh my god I miss my SW20 so much. Subbed.

Nice pick up. What is the reasoning behind the 2gr over the 3vz?
        3vz is great but the 2gr is just sooo much nicer - revs and sounds better.
        I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
        WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
        robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloth View Post
          whats stopping you using the camry v6 e153?
          We didnt get them here, we only got the 2GR Camry in auto, unlike the UK.

Very nice, ive been considering one of these for a while now, especially with the 2GR conversion being so well documented now.

kedderz: where are the details on the S54 swap?
          Chris
          ------
          The new nugget
          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post

Very nice, ive been considering one of these for a while now, especially with the 2GR conversion being so well documented now.

97-2002 had the e153 mated to the older v6. ive driven a few here. agree the later oens didnt mind. are the EA or EB series boxes useable? we got manual rav 4's here.

Comment

2gr + FMW intake + ecu flash + headers = lots of fun, just finished mine into my aw11.

the sw20+2gr is a well documented swap now even with a s54 tranny not the e153 (which I paid through the nose for even pre-covid!)
              Also, sorry to go off track here, you should absolutely do a thread for yours. Even just some pics because I am intrigued!

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post

s54 I is the 3sge tranny so theres nothing to really swap, you still need the same kit of fllywheel, angle grinder for the 2gr block, axle mod for carrier bearing and the gouky/fmw mount so you can reuse all of your 3s stuff.
                there are some build threads up on common mr2 threads so a quick google gives you all the info.

As to my build never fear, all the safety was adhered to during its construction.

Comment

s54 I is the 3sge tranny so theres nothing to really swap, you still need the same kit of fllywheel, angle grinder for the 2gr block, axle mod for carrier bearing and the gouky/fmw mount so you can reuse all of your 3s stuff.
                  there are some build threads up on common mr2 threads so a quick google gives you all the info.

As to my build never fear, all the safety was adhered to during its construction.
                  Interesting, so the bellhousing still fits well. From memory the E153 bellhousing needed significant grinding, and there was the thought that the S54 bellhousing wouldnt have enough meat to do so.
                  Chris
                  ------
                  The new nugget
                  I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

early model e153s have the same, like 4 line up and you have to tap one of those. You will be grinding no matter what.
                    later model ones have more and you can always weld + tap, but based on the advice of mark I just left mine with 4 as thats what hes done many times over the years without incident.
                    Last edited by kedderz; 08-04-21, 02:42 PM.

Comment

97-2002 had the e153 mated to the older v6. ive driven a few here. agree the later oens didnt mind. are the EA or EB series boxes useable? we got manual rav 4's here.
                      Was this in Aus? So if i can find a Camry V6 manual from a 97-2002, i can do the mods to on the selector?

Comment

yes correct, not sure on the hubs/axle you may still need turbo ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo 351 View Post

Was this in Aus? So if i can find a Camry V6 manual from a 97-2002, i can do the mods to on the selector?
                          yup, can confirm manuial camry s were here, and they skid well for an fwd

Comment

is there no way to use the zzw30 box? sorry for the hijack o.p...

Comment

you could use it with an adapter plate, but it's nowhere up to the task of 2gr torque. ZZW30 people use the E153 or EA/EB 6 speeds when doing the swap

Comment

Ah, i misread, i thought you said the 2GR Camry.

We didnt get the Manual ZZW30s here, only the 5SMT which isnt a fun box.
                                Chris
                                ------
                                The new nugget

Comment

Working...
                                X