Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I did NOT think that through. The Legal Alien.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did NOT think that through. The Legal Alien.

Click image for larger version  Name:	5F83166C-4868-45D0-B1DC-0150BF051AD5.jpeg Views:	126 Size:	2.82 MB ID:	7257230Click image for larger version  Name:	CE8154C3-8B65-4363-A14B-B4C05C4AA9FD.jpeg Views:	128 Size:	2.56 MB ID:	7257229

An Englishman in not New York.

so being forbidden from working on my main project car until the house renovations were done gave me time to do other things. Then I slipped and said yes to this thing for beer money.

a 1998 MG-F. Apparently with a dud fuel pump which could mean anything from a dud fuel pump to a missing engine. There’s no way to know until you dig into it. Story goes the previous owner parked it up in the carport while some other life stuff was going on and had been turning it over every few weeks or so. Then one day it wouldn’t start. It sat untouched in a carport for x number of years. So far pretty standard English car experiences imho.

then he had to move house. So it went on Facebook for cheap. Spac bought it then quickly came to his senses while I lost mine.

it sat at his place in a paddock for a few weeks while I made some room for it (and buttered up the nopics) where it slowly filled up with plague mice plague.

first impressions is that it was a well looked after car until it wasn’t. Comes with full service history from what I can see. Theres no rust and everything is there.

first jobs - clean the spiders and mouse shit out, figure out why it won’t start then decide if it’s worth doing anything more than washing it, or scrapping it.
    Last edited by Jim; 02-06-21, 07:18 AM.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

You couldn’t pay me enough to want to put effort into one of these.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	B7649AD6-BDF8-4792-839E-963B83A0EC26.jpeg
Views:	566
Size:	3.37 MB
ID:	7257241Click image for larger version

Name:	DDAB203A-3022-4F99-A5AE-2BF3D0326F09.jpeg
Views:	553
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	7257240Click image for larger version

Name:	B5F80868-637A-4F86-9DE4-D5B35D41F7A8.jpeg
Views:	554
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	7257239Click image for larger version

Name:	070F5A51-8F61-4FBA-B7C1-FB4BF78779EA.jpeg
Views:	555
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	7257238Click image for larger version

Name:	6A0D77FA-B92B-4B83-A0A3-84496F8E3BC3.jpeg
Views:	551
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	7257237Click image for larger version

Name:	CE94CA15-B2C4-4D1B-A73C-23EFD382CD43.jpeg
Views:	561
Size:	3.75 MB
ID:	7257236Click image for larger version

Name:	8AAEEAAC-CE44-4B74-950C-D7564C3738E0.jpeg
Views:	557
Size:	3.26 MB
ID:	7257235

fuck me this thing is filthy
      so I pulled the seats and carpet, vacuumed about 4kg of ants out of it and soaked everything fabric in carpet cleaner then pressure washed all of the carpets. It’s cleaning up really well but holy shit what a mess.

the jute underlay has gone IN THE BIN already.

Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

That can’t smell good.

Comment

Name:	A1DFC5B3-FDCC-4D29-9282-6CA8A2471976.jpeg
Views:	551
Size:	4.12 MB
ID:	7257255Click image for larger version

Name:	7C69635F-E4F9-442D-ADEC-FF5597DF5865.jpeg
Views:	550
Size:	4.16 MB
ID:	7257254Click image for larger version

Name:	3537792F-ADDC-4A72-9610-C61A866001F6.jpeg
Views:	552
Size:	4.69 MB
ID:	7257252Click image for larger version

Name:	E595BA65-426B-4AB6-A7BD-C5E3B8A0898B.jpeg
Views:	558
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	7257249

Name:	47537AF5-2876-49C0-B6EF-716D98EE386F.jpeg
Views:	550
Size:	3.56 MB
ID:	7257250Click image for larger version

Name:	EC59114E-A57F-4923-B8DD-7030F32CB8C8.jpeg
Views:	548
Size:	3.67 MB
ID:	7257251

Name:	1AD976D3-33DA-4792-862F-80D21BA651F2.jpeg
Views:	548
Size:	6.00 MB
ID:	7257253Click image for larger version

Name:	0171E636-F303-4368-860A-B8B0FCB5F791.jpeg
Views:	547
Size:	3.40 MB
ID:	7257256

It has an old school kenwood stacker system in it with the doors, AC/DC and miley Cyrus in it also confirming MG stereotypes.

the fuel pump was clogged up with what looks like the rubber pump sleeve that had melted and turned into some sort of post nuclear vegemite that nothing but WD40 would melt. The pump was properly clogged with this shit.
          I ordered my first ever purchase from Golebys. Ordered the pump at 10am. It was in the post with a tracking number 1pm on the same day and it arrived by Aus Post knock-and-run two days later. I’m super happy with the experience.

once the pump was in the car started first kick and ran like a watch. I took it for a drive around the block and everything worked as it should.

Comment

Also the coins under the seat got me back nearly half what I paid for it lol

but the throttle started to stick on the test drive. Apparently common with the plastic TB’s so I ordered a bigger alloy one from the UK.

then decided to check what the air filter was like. I found an organic secondary filter. With that removed, the throttle didn’t seem to stick anymore lol

Fucking rodents.

this is where I am up to.
            I have it mostly clean now. Once the underlay arrives I’ll finish detailing the cabin and put it all back together. Then it’s fix the clear coat and see if there’s anything else fucked on it that will prevent it from being re registered.

Name:	5C32D874-1D16-4E78-B22D-1BFEA3C6957F.jpeg
Views:	549
Size:	4.12 MB
ID:	7257260

Comment

Originally posted by Cplus View Post
              You couldn’t pay me enough to want to put effort into one of these.
              Valid point. My only real excuse is there’s bugger all small fun rear wheel drive cars at the bottom end of the price point left around anymore and as bad as these are, it owes me pocket change and should still be fun to take to Wakefield.

Comment

Secondary filter medium looks like it would add 5hp easy if used on its own.

Comment

It was surprisingly free flowing lol
                  very much on par with an old school RamFlo filter.

Comment

I think these are terrible but endorse the exercise.

Does anyone do an LSD?

Can you keep the smoke/gaskets in if you add 10PSI?

Comment

Unpopular opinion: I kinda like these.

Comment

Oh fuck, you're even more cooked than me, at least I got paid to work on these fucking things.
                        Couple of thigs to watch for, DON"T jack it up with the roof down, they do flex bad enough that you won't get the roof closed. Check for leaks from the suspension, the hydragas suspension leaks as bad as everything else in them. At least you can get coilovers for them now, just don't go too low or stiff otherwise you bend the body. You would already know about the K series issues.
                        Actuallly I can't lie, I do like them and agree they are fun to drive, I'd personally rather a half fucked MX5 unless this was literaly beer money

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post
                          Unpopular opinion: I kinda like these.

Name:	458AA84E-BADB-4DAE-BC8D-58FBE9B9E8A7.jpeg
Views:	491
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	7257294

I take cash! :D

Comment

Not that much!

Comment

This seems strangely familiar to the state of a “project” car i just picked up
                              only mine cost more and has worse paint

Less wildlife infused than yours though so it balances out
                              Originally posted by Jim
                              I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                              What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Working...
                              X