UZZ32 Soarer aka lol wtf have i done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    Nice and awesome write up i will follow this. I remember back before youtube we had to collect car vids from the net and swap and burn them amongst car guys like getaway in stockholm or whatever random vids you could find. Anyway i had a vid of someone doing skid pan testing of these against the normal suspension soarers to show how much better they handled at the time etc.

Keen to see this build come together.
    That was some early Martin Donnon.

OP, super rare spec, even when hundreds of Soarers were coming in per year back in the halcyon days. Keep up the great work.

Comment

Looks much better than the UZZ32 I towed last year, it was a fucking mess. I pity anyone who tries to move one of these with suspension issues without the right equipment, it was a challenge even using our super long medium with the rear bags dropped, both our 1.5m ramps AND 500mm bridge plates and having the truck on the road so the tray had as low an angle as I could get. Still scrapped the shit out of the front lip, had to pull it on backwards which I hate.

Comment

Thanks lads

Weight is ~100kg more than a UZZ31 V8, so around the 1700kg mark. Can attest to how difficult it is to push one…
        Originally posted by Jim
        I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
        What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
          Thanks lads

Weight is ~100kg more than a UZZ31 V8, so around the 1700kg mark. Can attest to how difficult it is to push one…
          Pfft weight, if your so worried let me help lighten your wallet

Click image for larger version

Name:	455329d1501791993-weight-of-the-seibon-carbon-fiber-doors-versus-the-weight-of-the-stock-doors-carbondoor.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	7258966Click image for larger version

Name:	?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.L-7QPPsuHow8BPS1rbVM-wHaFj%26pid%3DApi&f=1.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	7258967
          "That which does not kill you, will make you very, very sick" - so says mizones mum

Comment

shitloads of weight in the body that’s for sure, when i weighed the bonnet on the track car it was 24kg alone, and lifting a door is a hernia-inducing exercise

But this car won’t be about that, i’m going to try hard not to stray from its GT-ness. About the only lightening done will be a smaller battery (coz that’s what i have and they really don’t need the truck batteries they come with anyway) and removal of the full-sized brand new Falcon steelie that was in the boot
            Originally posted by Jim
            I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
            What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Just send all the electronics gear to Mike in NZ have him recap everything, $nz peso makes it not too painful and the guy LOVES soarers so the work is done properly and tested on his full test bench, I used to do board level repair and I'd send my stuff to him.
              Originally posted by ALLMTR
              the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Comment

Working...
              X