Mazda timemachine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piss98 View Post
    PS - how fucking cool are the body lines on those rear doors!
    My thoughts exactly! One of those cars I didn’t appreciate when they were just a used car but looking through today’s eyes that’s a great looking car.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddington View Post
      Priced a 13b motor or a set of housings and rotors lately?

302 and a C4 would be 100000000 times cheaper.

Rockauto has a ton of RX4 bits and pieces and are way cheaper than most local places.

Avoid that Phil’s rotaries cunt too.

Bought S5 housings for around 1k each from Mazda. Rotors no idea, didn't need them.

Comment

"It takes beer to make thirst worth while."

Comment

J-Port or Monster Port... GO ALL THE WAY!
          Last edited by Nitephyre; 06-06-21, 07:38 PM.

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Originally posted by Old Major
          Perhaps she feels inadequate when you cum in other guys?

Comment

All the braps.

Comment

I'd go a nice neat NA bridgy, quick enough for some fun, and also cheaper to build overall as you don't need stronger components in the drivetrain, intercoolers, turbo's etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddington View Post
                Priced a 13b motor or a set of housings and rotors lately?

302 and a C4 would be 100000000 times cheaper.
                As much as I appreciate rotors, there is a lot to be said for a windsor in these things
                Envy is Ignorance, Imitation is Suicide - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Originally Posted by Stang:
                particularly when your body is functioning like a 1970s Alfa made by drunken chimpanzees on a Friday afternoon

Comment

Over 500hp a Windsor gives itself its own bridge porting.

Comment

Awesome pickup. Looks clean and a great base. I know nothing of the BRap other than they sound the COOTS. Would a performance Na build based on the RX8 Renesis be an option?? Or are the new school motors made of cheese and its not really worth it?
                    Last edited by newguyoz; 07-06-21, 02:29 PM.
                    "Cadillacs are more awesome than everything. All this newcomer needs is to post pics of tits somewhere and he will probably be the new king of PF. "

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_fahrquhar View Post
                      Over 500hp a Windsor gives itself its own bridge porting.
                      Meh, urban myth, much like the apex seals legend. Easy to get 450-500 out of a stroked windsor, easier still strapping a turbo to a stock stroke windsor
                      Envy is Ignorance, Imitation is Suicide - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Originally Posted by Stang:
                      particularly when your body is functioning like a 1970s Alfa made by drunken chimpanzees on a Friday afternoon

Comment

Clean! Another vote for braps.

Comment

This is awesome. BP for sure.

Comment

Cheers. After much consultation.. BP is the go. Collecting a few replacement parts and currently stripping engine bay to metal for a spray. Goal is to have it on the road late august... i wont mention the year just now lol

Comment

Braap.

Mods looks what Muscle Car Garage would call '90s GT style'.

I'd change the steering wheel. Hope that helps.

Comment

Ok so a quick update on progress...

Engine bay stripped to bare metal and 95% ready for paint. Waiting for end of lockdown...
                                Brakes being redone. Only needed new cylinders (one had shat itself the other was nuggetised) and shoes on the rear.. front is all good.
                                Booster and Master being reco'd - expect back this week
                                Steering Box reco done. Tights as a nun's c. Thinking about steering wheel options as the current one only has 5 bolts and is a bit loose
                                Alloys have been returned back to alloy on the inner wheel. New tread has arrived which will be put on after dyno (R888Rs). C*** to find these days in R15 sizes.
                                Waiting for Halaltech 1000 and Bosch 044 to be delivered from Goleby's (great time for an EOFY sale)

Discussing options with engine builders. Some are jammed to Xmas 2022, others i can get moving but are interstate. Full brap may be a pain in the ass to certify... so any suggestions in this space welcome (PM me). I really don't wanna end up putting a cat converter and pollution gear on - it's a catch 22 with either going an old end plate from an RX4/5 or just whacking in a 13BT which will pass easier. I'm not gonna be paying megabucks for a billet engine.

Doing usual cleanup round the machine. So far i've found 4x toasted NGK's and 3 zip ties (standard rotary emergency pack), a spark plug wedged under the wiring harness in the engine bay... fortunately not too many dodgy wiring jobs.

Comment

Working...
                                X