1975 Chevy LUV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1975 Chevy LUV

We were down the nopics' family farm last week and the father in law told me he's finally going to clear out some of the old vehicles he had laying around the property.

I've been eyeing off the old chevy ute that had been sitting under the awning next to the shearing shed for years then dragged out into the dump pile about 3 years ago when tidying up the shearing shed.

Now it's pretty far gone but it'd be free and it was the first car her pop ever bought brand new:

And for how it could look done:

Are these things worth saving? Or am I mad to attempt saving a rust bucket farm hack that's had cats living in if for probably 20 years......
    don't ask to ride my bike and i won't ask if i can shag your missus

No.

Comment

Save it! If the rails are fucked I have a spare '82 L200 frame, looks about the same size.

Comment

My brother had one of these with a tipper on it.

The epic low 1st gear got that thing out of a few building sites it really shouldn't have been able too.

400 chev fits I was told.
        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by aerobrick View Post
          Save it! If the rails are fucked I have a spare '82 L200 frame, looks about the same size.
          Ha ha - it's currently in Bordertown SA & I'm in Qld. Getting another ute from TAS is a terrible idea (but I do love the old L200s.....)

Just had a chat with the father in law & he said it's mine - he'll pull it out of the junk pile and shift it into the truck shed so at least it'll be out of the weather until I figure out how to get it here

Comment

Holden badges first mod?

Comment

Buy a damaged 1.9 DMax from the auctions and slap the body on that platform..... those little 1.9 motors make some decent HP very easily.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Originally posted by 9triton View Post
                Holden badges first mod?
                Well technically it's an Isuzu so if I did a badge swap the dmax idea below isn't too crazy.....

​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                X