Ginger step child - VP commodore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ginger step child - VP commodore

Well, I lasted 6 mths after selling my Barra Vs Ute before I bought another (white) commodore. My xp coupe is also pretty much sorted so wanted to find something to keep me occupied. I've owned most of the early commodore family (vc, vk, vl, vn, vr, vs x2, vz x2) so was thinking getting one I didn't have.

I was looking at the really early stuff and they were all rusty heaps, and vk/vl stuff is stupid money. Then I started looking at the ginger step child of the commodore family, VP. Then I stumbled on this gem.

1 owner vp exec , sold initially at Geoff Brady Holden (Glen Waverly) still with original garden state plates. All the pics showed it was in amazing condition, like really amazing. When I saw it in person, I knew I had to have it.

I have a few small things to sort, like hood lining, strut tops, speedo gear, shocks etc but won't take much. Long term plans are 6.0 rectangle port ls, with mild cam, probably 4L65e (maybe t350) with 4000 convertor, Holley terminator ecu. Mid 300 rwkw, but using stuff off the shelf with minimal custom fab. Just a nice tuff streeter that could run 10s if need be. Going to keep it looking pretty stock, use factory shifter etc

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?
    Originally posted by Dogsballs;n7259704
    Bit harder to Wank to without Wendy, but got there in the end

Very nice and clean. Should make an excellent sleeper with those enhancements. Following.

Comment

Awesome condition.
      My mate has a VP Exec, same colour, same hubcaps, same condition. He just finished a cammed 6L LS swap into it and left it looking like that too.
      Originally posted by Rdyno
      It's fucking storytime with Rdyno cunt shut the fuck up and fuck off.

Comment

love it, keep the pea shooter exhaust and dump the upgrade at the diff.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

I can't beleive there are still so many of these coming out of the woodwork. What's the COVID tax like for something like that over east? That's a $5000-6000 car here in Perth. Values are out of control.

Comment

Eww yuck another vp!!!!

Better watch out dude the ugly duckling vp model has strange way of getting to people...don't know why but seem to like working on vp ute more than better cars in garage

If you're leaving it in v6 mode for awhile track down cheap 2nd hand v6 supercharged airbox setup,pull plastic bellmouth out & over on pcmhacking site hit up vlad for memcal...thing should run so clean & smooth you'll almost want to keep it stock.

vn moreso vp range memcals had so many recall tunes they all ran like shit even sv3800 was junk compared to memcal tune I got from vlad...dude is a buick nut with mad love for vp mo0dels...he just got another grandpa looks just likie what you have.

Comment

Apart from service stuff and cosmetic, not going to waste money on v6 engine. I already have a 60s era slow Ford 6.

8k with rego and period garden state plates. Pricey, but you don't find these any more

Comment

Originally posted by StupidFlanders View Post
                Awesome condition.
                My mate has a VP Exec, same colour, same hubcaps, same condition. He just finished a cammed 6L LS swap into it and left it looking like that too.
                Very nice any pics or links? It's pretty simple swap these days. Even get engine mount kits for v6 k frame. I don't like how people stick intake pipe to side, so will lay rad back and do otr cai. Like below but less aids and turtle cover.

You can get Holley terminator x for 4l65e or fbw control now if you want. So straight forward

Attached Files

Comment

Fuck that is MINT!!! Love the louvres, something you never see anymore

Get some seat covers and floor mats in it, STAT!!!

Looking forward to seeing the transformation happen....full sleeper mode beast

Comment

fuck that's tidy as, sick!
                    Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                    And I’ve explained many times this is not just another four year election.

The outcome will determine civilisation as we know it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	75B0C6EC-7888-4D53-9819-5E8DF5360A02.jpeg
Views:	354
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	7275688Click image for larger version

Name:	1094EB84-F6DD-4520-ADF2-84DFDB11DF50.jpeg
Views:	351
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	7275687Click image for larger version

Name:	5992B088-151D-4B23-B773-75008E176F42.jpeg
Views:	350
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	7275686Click image for larger version

Name:	C9A89608-F66B-4A10-A23F-77366327E9C6.jpeg
Views:	350
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	7275685Click image for larger version

Name:	A5206D3D-07EA-4720-8AE7-A4123D2BFD11.jpeg
Views:	355
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	7275684
                      Originally posted by Dogsballs View Post
                      Very nice any pics or links?
                      No links, just FB and Whatsapp pics that I stole. Oh and it’s cammed LS1 not 6L, I got mixed up with another project.

It’s running and driving now.

Originally posted by Rdyno
                      It's fucking storytime with Rdyno cunt shut the fuck up and fuck off.

Comment

Lol. You have a sickness
                        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

That's a very neat VP.
                          Lost me at LS swap.
                          1975 TX Gemini Coupe - 1991 VN SS - 2017 VF SS Redline Wagon
                          YT: https://www.youtube.com/bucketindustries

Comment

Rad, I have VERY fond memories of my VP Wagon from back when I was 19 to around 22.

Mang'd about for a while then stuck an iron lion in to go with the 5 speed it already had, so much room and so many skids! I'd love another but fucked if I can find a good one at reasonable $'s as about the only thing around is a Berlina for $25k or a shitty pov pack locally for $10k.

Keen to see updates, LS is the logical solution, turbo even better!
                            Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Man that really is immaculate. Tow it up for a detail and ceramic coat.
                              CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Working...
                              X