No announcement yet.

Ginger step child - VP commodore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And so off I went to Marketplace and saw this 30mins up the road (it's not that cheap but apparently one owner, shame it's red) - https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...7629316116457/
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

i was today old when i learnt that people dont like the VP, a mate had one and i thought it looked way better than a VN
      www.holditflat.com

Comment

Originally posted by piss98 View Post
        And so off I went to Marketplace and saw this 30mins up the road (it's not that cheap but apparently one owner, shame it's red) - https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...7629316116457/
        It's worth a look. YOLO.

Comment

How can you not love a clean semi nostalgic cruiser.
          Needs more RB30 though.
          Originally posted by doctorpat
          It's not that every person with the coof spreads it to 8 people. It's that 50 people spread it to nobody, 40 spread it to their nopix and kids, 5 spread it to nopix, kids, neighbour, and mate that came over to watch the footy, and the last five went to a secret illegal rave, gave it to 17 people in the mosh pit, then went to an underground hairdresser, gave it to 22 people there, then went and drank a coffee on the beach while hugging and kissing another 52 people, and then needed to look at paint colours at bunnings, before going to work as a checkoutchick at Aldi.

Comment

Pls excuse minor hijack...
            Mr. Flanders, do you know what breed of extractors your mate is running?
            Any issues with starter overheating with the LH side swap?
            Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by piss98 View Post
              Yeah, but the red paint will be fuckerised.
              .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by motoxray View Post
                Pls excuse minor hijack...
                Mr. Flanders, do you know what breed of extractors your mate is running?
                Any issues with starter overheating with the LH side swap?
                Thanks...
                Starter has been ok, but straight from the horse’s keyboard:

used the castelmaine ones and no they did not fit well. holes didn't like up and had to grind a few bits of the block away. also had to pay the exhaust guy that did the rest of my exhaust a bit extra to heat and bend the extractors

Originally posted by Rdyno
                It's fucking storytime with Rdyno cunt shut the fuck up and fuck off.

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post

Yeah, but the red paint will be fuckerised.
                  Yeh I don't do red cars as they all have fucked paint, if it didn't already it would after a short period of time as I have no spare garage space!
                  Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by StupidFlanders View Post
                    straight from the horse’s keyboard
                    Gracias!!

Comment

Yeah you have to be careful what kits you use. I will use the tuffmount kit with pacemakers (as Jason is a good mate) and I've never had the best luck with cai or rodshop stuff.

The red in these models particularly fucks out. One reason I always choose white commodores. As far as I can tell this has had the bonnet and boot painted, but long long time ago. There is one dent in passenger door which should pull out and one rust blister on side of rear screen. Overall paint is pretty good really.

It drives really nice and torquey off the lights, trans shifts smooth. All the door rubbers are perfect and it has virtually not wind noise

Today I got into the garage and started going thru the list.
                      -oil change,
                      -air filter
                      -bled the brakes,
                      -replaced exhaust rubbers
                      - replaced some tail-light globes,
                      -replaced hose clamps on power-steering and topped up fluid,
                      -replaced soft trans cooler hose going to rad,
                      -bled air from cooling system,
                      -replaced brake pedal rubber
                      -degreased k-frame/lower engine/trans looking for leaks, but none!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
                      Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?
                      Originally posted by Dogsballs;n7259704
                      Bit harder to Wank to without Wendy, but got there in the end

Comment

One thing that has me a little stumped is drivers door lock issue. It just has 2 manual keys. Passenger side works fine, open and close, pops all the doors. Drivers side opens but can't close using the key (inner door button works fine). Either the actuator is screwed or just sticky or something is jammed in the linkage. The inner window door belt has fallen down inside the door, might be that.

The back door handles and poppers are a little sticky thru lack of use.

Comment

Originally posted by StupidFlanders View Post
                          used the castelmaine ones and no they did not fit well. holes didn't like up and had to grind a few bits of the block away. also had to pay the exhaust guy that did the rest of my exhaust a bit extra to heat and bend the extractors
                          I'm not massively into the early Commodore scene but I've heard enough horror stories about CRS gear I couldn't imagine actually spending any money on anything they sell. It always seems to boil down to "it didn't fit very well but we made it work."

Comment

Big fan, gw. I think the plate is a prophecy, needs more 416ci.
                            Originally posted by myshortyboomba
                            I've had many gauges in cars. I always found the conrods react faster than a gauge.

you can always hear them when they break and they stop the engine immediately so you can't do any more damage.

Comment

Hmm my ute is opposite can open/close with key but can't pop button down with door open....only when door shut.

Probably actuator but fairly sure it's been broken into a few times.

Do like otr over radiator look when done right..still tempted to do ls1/t56 into ute one day although 304/4l60e conversion was a nuisance chasing parts.,

Comment

I did some more reading last night. More than likely tumblers in lock are dirty and sticky. Need to clean out then use dry lube

Comment

Working...
                                X