No announcement yet.

Supercharged and mini... Checkmate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea mate, I'm keen on going halvies. Pm you later.

Might have missed out, but Did this car had Harmon Kardon?

My HK sound system seems alright. I bought the bt kit that's on eBay cause I don't want to spend too much on this thing and retain OEM steering control.
    Last edited by im_boostn; 10-10-21, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by im_boostn View Post
      Yea mate, I'm keen on going halvies. Pm you later.

Might have missed out, but Did this car had Harmon Kardon?

My HK sound system seems alright. I bought the bt kit that's on eBay cause I don't want to spend too much on this thing and retain OEM steering control.
      Sweet. Nah, this one didn't have HK, had everything else, but not upgraded sound. This has the stock shitty headunit with a partially broken volume knob...

You can get adapters for other pioneer, etc headunits to use full steering controls so that's the way I'll be heading
      Originally posted by piss98
      fuck I'd be happy to suck Bill Gates off

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
        come on Fatboy slip that milf an envelope of pineapples and get on the MINI bandwagon
        LOL ! It's funny you mention that. She's still been busting my balls about it now and again, hasn't advertised it yet due to lockdown. She reckons as soon as i drive it i'll want it. The same as the car i'm guessing...
        The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

Tonight I've swapped the shit fake mini gearknob (nfi what happened to the original leather one!) for a blue fake carbon jobby. My knob looks good now.

I've done the low speed fan mod, because my low speed resistor, like all of them, was dead. It now works, although I did use scotchlocks to attach it, so I fear there's failure in future for me one day. I added stick on heatsinks... because it got to 130 deg after 10mins of the fan running... That's with the chassis rail being used as a heatsink too so I think this resistor dissipates some serious heat.

Unfortunately the stupid sump bolt is completely borked, so I've now got an oil extractor which I'll use to do the oil change and a new all metal dipstick finally rocked up from the UK today, so now I know my old one won't crack while I'm trying to see how much oil I have after I change it (which would be typical!).
          Last edited by nutttr; 13-10-21, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatboy View Post

LOL ! It's funny you mention that. She's still been busting my balls about it now and again, hasn't advertised it yet due to lockdown. She reckons as soon as i drive it i'll want it. The same as the car i'm guessing...
            So did you give her a deposit?
            Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
            Originally posted by nutttr
            People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Not yet but now seriously considering it. In both cash and baby batter...
              The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

Cleaned the headlights today! Came out fantastic, not perfect but incredible for a 17yr old car!

Let's see how the osram kit lasts... Some sort of very smelly UV coating you put on afterwards, a bit like some sort of ceramic coating stuff... Seems to really work, time will tell though as it lives outside.

I'm only seeing about 8.5-9psi boost on this thing too, so I'm suspecting I might have a small leak somewhere (other than the flex pipe on the exhaust which is definitely leaking).

I also have the coolant hose to replace, I've been lazy and the old one hasn't blown yet, but I'm sure it'll occur at the most annoying time...

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20211027_052028539.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	3.43 MB
ID:	7307429

Comment

Working...
                X