Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual cab diesel utes..... lets thrash this out YO!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have they improved the GCM rating?
    Last edited by Reax; 13-10-19, 09:02 AM.
    "It takes beer to make thirst worth while."

Comment

No idea
      I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Fuck ,been a while since I've been here..
        good to see this thread still being thrashed out..
        I end up by a mq triton backline.. been a good thing on and off road

Comment

Originally posted by Reax View Post
          Have they improved the GCM rating?
          Whats wrong with the GCM ?

thought it was better than the hilux, triton and amorok.

edit:

the V6 amorok is better than the D-max !

https://www.club4x4.com.au/modern-ut...atings-bullst/
          Last edited by Gin Kii; 13-10-19, 01:57 PM.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

So my PX2 is up to 58k and the worst thing happened last week. The bolt that holds the tail gate cable came slightly loose. I tightened it and everything is fine.
            2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
            2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
            I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Rust View Post
              So my PX2 is up to 58k and the worst thing happened last week. The bolt that holds the tail gate cable came slightly loose. I tightened it and everything is fine.
              shitbox. how many ranting facebook complaints have you left for Ford based on this serious failure?
              RB26......................Again

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Rust View Post
                Originally posted by fly510 View Post
                shitbox. how many ranting facebook complaints have you left for Ford based on this serious failure?
                Your's is faulty, take it back tot he dealer to add the hydrolocked (injector stays open) motor on Roe Highway, piston through block and three gearbox replacements. Oh, and how could I forget the all important "Where did all the power go ?"

Glad to see the non fleet ones are much more reliable than the 80 odd fleet ones I had at my last job.

Of note, Toyota thing I think is dead. On a mine site at the moment and there is one new HiLux. The rest of the fleet is a mix up of Isuzu's, Colorados, few Rangers and some muppet bought a Amarok (no dealer support outside metro) up here.

Got a Prado. Damn POS manual thing. IMHO - Auto much nicer. Older Prado's (3-5 years) are going through transfer cases and manual boxes on this site. New Landcruiser Commercials are cracking chassis behind the cab. Appears to be due to complex bends in chassis rails there not liking the load and rough terrain combo. First thing you notice is the back board and cab meet then it's off to the workshop.

Comment

Originally posted by brasher View Post
                  V6 hilux FTW bulk skids bulk fuel usage
                  When you say bulk fuel usage.... owmuch?

also, the 2wd 1GRs came std with LSD or optional locker right?

Originally posted by Jim
                  I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
                  Originally posted by elfturbomax
                  What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
                  1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post

When you say bulk fuel usage.... owmuch?

also, the 2wd 1GRs came std with LSD or optional locker right?
                    I usually get 12L/100 metro, another 80-100km range if I’m on the highway.

Yep mine is a 2wd and has the tightest lsd of any car I’ve driven. It’s embarrassing pulling out of streets or parking lol.

I really love this Ute. I don’t give a fuck about it, hit speed humps at 80kph and it’s quick enough to make a sneaky lane change or ruin a ford ranger drivers day

Comment

Aha, so what an ISF gets then, only with 150 less kw :D

still, if you want a petrol-powered extra-cab that isn’t gutless and don’t need 4wd, you’re not exactly overwhelmed with choice....
                      Last edited by perthdrivers.txt; 16-10-19, 12:05 PM. Reason: 150 derp

Originally posted by Jim
                      I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
                      Originally posted by elfturbomax
                      What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
                      1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

Merc X Class. Rarely deliver one (and we have the contract)
                        So i see 3 on one load going out this morning and check how long they have been in storage. Since March 2018...
                        There must be some good deals on them available.
                        I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

They seem cheap as fuck looking at this

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...AG-AD-17588783

Technically used, but only 50km on it.

Comment

Done 5500km in my dmax now. Everything was going fine until the dealer touched it at 3600km and left it low on oil. Then I heard it making noise on startup. Complained because it was definitely much noiser than usual. Wow, low oil level? no shit, i told you. Now im hearing every noise the thing makes and I swear the oil light didn't used to take 3-4 seconds to go out every time I started it.
                            Originally posted by Buford T. Justice
                            This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Comment

I posted earlier that they are hellishly cheap over here as well. Seen one on the road (Perf is duel cab meth heaven) and it was a delaer demo.

Drove past the MB dealer last night and the damn things are still for sale at $36k on the road. Looks like they aren't shifting. Why?

As for the D-Max, take it back to the dealer before you see rodney. Those things shouldn't be doing that.

Comment

had a 3.2 ranger xlt as a work car for the last 3 months. gotta say, very impressed with it. i have a new bi turbo atm, its 10 speed is great, but the engine needs revs and hasnt got the low end torque of the 3.2.
                                Originally posted by Marv
                                Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Working...
                                X