Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual cab diesel utes..... lets thrash this out YO!

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Not sure if i just hadnt noticed or if its a new thing but you can now get RAM 1500's that are still a dual cab but with a shorter rear door and less legroom but a longer tub. Only seems about 15cm longer to the eye but so not a huge notable difference.
    The Stubby rear door is noticeable though.

    Also on different tray lengths LDV now has an optional longer tray that is 25cm longer than normal.
    I climbed Mt Druitt

    Comment


      VW have a 600m extended factory option now too... 15k extra!

      Comment


        Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
        Also on different tray lengths LDV now has an optional longer tray that is 25cm longer than normal.
        Originally posted by South View Post
        VW have a 600m extended factory option now too... 15k extra!
        Looked at the VW option online. Its an aftermarket mob in SA doing the work and looks as integrated as another left arm in the middle of our foreheads.

        LDV looks interesting. Is apprently the longest bed on a mid size pickup. The local RAM delaer also does LDV and is 5 mionutes drive away. I might pop in for a look as the LDV T60's have rave reviews amongst owners. And for $1500 more a cheap option.

        Or do I wait on the Tesla truck if it's really going to be under USD$45k then it's a cheap big tray in my book at AUD$60k.
        Last edited by mizone; 30-11-19, 08:01 AM.

        Comment


          The Cybertruck is years away though.
          I climbed Mt Druitt

          Comment


            Originally posted by mizone View Post





            LDV looks interesting. Is apprently the longest bed on a mid size pickup. The local RAM delaer also does LDV and is 5 mionutes drive away. I might pop in for a look as the LDV T60's have rave reviews amongst owners. And for $1500 more a cheap option.
            2 blokes at work have LDV's and both are happy with them.

            I climbed Mt Druitt

            Comment


              Originally posted by South View Post
              VW have a 600m extended factory option now too... 15k extra!
              You can get a Hilux or Ranger extended for about that much too.

              Comment


                There was a mob doing extra cab tubs onto dual cabs for around 6k fixed price.
                Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

                Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

                75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

                Comment


                  Originally posted by da9jeff View Post
                  There was a mob doing extra cab tubs onto dual cabs for around 6k fixed price.
                  Thats a decent price, mob out here does single cab tubs onto dual cabs (Rangers) and they change bout the same..... I'll be the ones done there are of a of better quality !!

                  Don't mention the adBlocker !!

                  Comment


                    what is the main driver behind chassis extensions? i get the obvious bigger tub/tray part but i thought it was also to re-position the rear axle in a better spot for load carrying? i think 70 series guys do 300mm for that reason?
                    RB26......................Again

                    Comment


                      The mini trucks, Hilux/Ranger/Triton etc all have to comply with European standards which limit the wheelbase and overall length. This limits the size of the bed and cab, so to make the bed actually useful (christ I needed a full sized pickup twice this week) you need to extend the chassis to accommodate the relocation of the axle. This is for stuff I don't understand like (IIRC) weight distribution of loads in the bed and unladen and the way the suspension springs and rear overhang weights work or something like that.

                      I heard a rumour that someone is talking about bringing in F150's, doing a RHD conversion and selling at RAM 1500 prices. Anyone else hear about this?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by fly510 View Post
                        what is the main driver behind chassis extensions? i get the obvious bigger tub/tray part but i thought it was also to re-position the rear axle in a better spot for load carrying? i think 70 series guys do 300mm for that reason?
                        Carry shit thats not 3 bags of groceries.

                        Don't mention the adBlocker !!

                        Comment


                          Never understood why extra cabs aren’t more popular

                          I see far more mountain bikes, dirt bikes, etc not fitting in the back of dual-cab trays than I see 4 people not fitting in an extra cab...

                          Originally posted by Jim
                          I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
                          Originally posted by elfturbomax
                          What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
                          1UZ+1NZ...

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
                            Never understood why extra cabs aren’t more popular

                            I see far more mountain bikes, dirt bikes, etc not fitting in the back of dual-cab trays than I see 4 people not fitting in an extra cab...
                            I reckon a Raptor X-Cab would sell pretty good.

                            Speaking of which, we are into our MY20 and MY21 programs at work and one is a Raptor rear bar with the notation "awaiting CAD for dual exhausts"... thinking they were finally gunna stick a decent engine in it but alas.. its for the USA market................

                            Don't mention the adBlocker !!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Gin Kii View Post
                              Speaking of which, we are into our MY20 and MY21 programs at work and one is a Raptor rear bar with the notation "awaiting CAD for dual exhausts"... thinking they were finally gunna stick a decent engine in it but alas.. its for the USA market................
                              Shame it's not something crazy like this Coyote powered setup in a Rally Raid car.

                              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0831_1075.jpg Views:	0 Size:	397.9 KB ID:	7095619
                              Last edited by mizone; 04-12-19, 10:00 AM.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Gin Kii View Post

                                Thats a decent price, mob out here does single cab tubs onto dual cabs (Rangers) and they change bout the same..... I'll be the ones done there are of a of better quality !!
                                Ultimate Stretches do the 6k jobs, and they will be just as good, if not better than the 15k jobs... It's a chassis chop, weld, longer driveshaft and put a tub on... paying 15k for that is ludicrous!

                                The 70 series dual cabs stretch 300-450 so they stop picking up the front when going over speed humps... because twats fit a single cab canopy to the back of the dual cabs and everything is past the rear axle.

                                Crewcabs might as well be two seaters, you can't sit in them comfortably at all

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X