Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual cab diesel utes..... lets thrash this out YO!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you just tune the factory computer on the Triton no need for a Unichip or anything?
    I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Originally posted by Marlin View Post

Got one too. Just banged a Kings $100 throttle controller in it and so much gooder.
      My Nav D40 had one. This gizmo was great for really soft sand. On EC Mode you could plant it even to the floor and it was doughy as. Just walked out when everything was bogged even if you gave it light throttle without EC Mode. Happened at Blue? Lake Moreton Island. Hot dry January. Sand was like talcum powder. So yeah. Throttle controller was great for that.
      Last edited by Walt Kowalski; 23-05-20, 01:20 PM.
      Is Walt gay?.....My coming out:>>>>>
      https://youtu.be/IkL4lVMJqDk

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
        So you just tune the factory computer on the Triton no need for a Unichip or anything?
        yes
        im a cunt
        and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Originally posted by 10sec rx7 View Post
          Got the triton today,
          Did 30km in it,

Muff delete

Stock

Done..

It's very comfy, very happy so far, will slap some km on it tomorrow
          The best things about these rigs is the trans. True manual mode in auto when offroad (very few new cars have this) and bullet proof also. One of the best new duel cabs in Aus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by Babalouie
          Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

It's trans is the same as the hilux.

Comment

Originally posted by 10sec rx7 View Post

yes
              Same as the PajSport?
              Chris
              ------
              The new nugget
              I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post

Same as the PajSport?
                The PajSport uses the 8 speed Aisin box, Triton is the 6 speed Aisin box, both a magnitudes better than the 5 speed Jatco.
                Mitsubishi also got the torque convertor working properly in the new boxes because there's no real need for the controllers like on the Jatco boxes, which I'm running in my Challenger. Helps that the 2.4 has more urge than the ancient 2.5, especially in the autos like mine.

Comment

The 8 speed in the Paj Sport is noticeably more eager off the line due to having a shorter first gear but agree the current Tritons do get moving better than previous models but they where pretty bad.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
                    The 8 speed in the Paj Sport is noticeably more eager off the line due to having a shorter first gear but agree the current Tritons do get moving better than previous models but they where pretty bad.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                    Haven’t driven the Paj sport, but that first gear must be noticeably better offroad also due to the torque multiplication you get through the transfer and converter. Can you hold the gear in any chosen gear like the Triton? I drive an auto jimny regularly off road, it also allows you to hold any gear you want and bounce of limiter as long as you need. I can honestly say I couldn’t drive half of what I currently can if it didn’t allow me to do so. Most new autos do not have a manual override, all I have driven off-road that doesn’t allow proper manual mode I have found very limiting despite how capable the rest of the car may be.

Originally posted by Babalouie
                    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post

The PajSport uses the 8 speed Aisin box, Triton is the 6 speed Aisin box, both a magnitudes better than the 5 speed Jatco.
                      Mitsubishi also got the torque convertor working properly in the new boxes because there's no real need for the controllers like on the Jatco boxes, which I'm running in my Challenger. Helps that the 2.4 has more urge than the ancient 2.5, especially in the autos like mine.
                      I was asking about the tuning.
                      Chris
                      ------
                      The new nugget
                      I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by vet 180 View Post

Haven’t driven the Paj sport, but that first gear must be noticeably better offroad also due to the torque multiplication you get through the transfer and converter. Can you hold the gear in any chosen gear like the Triton? I drive an auto jimny regularly off road, it also allows you to hold any gear you want and bounce of limiter as long as you need. I can honestly say I couldn’t drive half of what I currently can if it didn’t allow me to do so. Most new autos do not have a manual override, all I have driven off-road that doesn’t allow proper manual mode I have found very limiting despite how capable the rest of the car may be.

Yeah if I forget I’m in manual mode it will just sit at limiter. Pretty good shift priority

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post

Can it actually do anything you can’t do with your foot? Or is it just a case of when you tip in with 50% throttle, it smashes 100% then backs off to 50% once it’s on boost? I feel like a tune is the right thing for what I want but people seem to love those controllers
                          Just makes it better to drive. The haters are obvious here, as are those who clearly haven’t any experience with them. Spend the hundred and report back. If you don’t like it, I’ll buy pay you for it.

worth noting that you can alter it by Bluetooth so when you want a soft throttle map for say, off-roading, you can have it in 5 seconds. My V9X Navara is tuned and goes like a cut cat, but the tuner suggested that I get a seperate throttle controller to be able to soften the throttle at will instead of being stuck with a particular setting.

Comment

Originally posted by vet 180 View Post

my misses Everest can lock in any gear with the 10 speed auto. works great off road
                            im a cunt
                            and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

I just ordered a new pov-pack Navara.king cab. I was quite happy to pile another 200,000km on my '07 Ranger, but it's showing signs of imminent death.

I stumbled across a car buying site called Motor Scout on the weekend, punched in what I wanted and today they called having located exactly what I wanted at $7k off retail and I didn't have to speak to a dealer.
                              Pretty satisfied with that I hope I don't hate it. I haven't even sat in one...

Comment

Originally posted by uuheels View Post
                                I just ordered a new pov-pack Navara.king cab. I was quite happy to pile another 200,000km on my '07 Ranger, but it's showing signs of imminent death.

I stumbled across a car buying site called Motor Scout on the weekend, punched in what I wanted and today they called having located exactly what I wanted at $7k off retail and I didn't have to speak to a dealer.
                                Pretty satisfied with that I hope I don't hate it. I haven't even sat in one...
                                $7k doesn’t sound much ATM.

Tell em the price son.

https://youtu.be/YTFH9TAmwhY
                                Is Walt gay?.....My coming out:>>>>>
                                https://youtu.be/IkL4lVMJqDk

Comment

Working...
                                X