Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual cab diesel utes..... lets thrash this out YO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gin Kii View Post

Sweet, Thanks.

Have had 4 attempts at different shops to get them to dial in a bit more camber and they all say cannot be done and must buy UCA's..... I might hit up a few 4x4 shops on the weekend and see if they can do it/know a shop that will.
    They should be able to get tge camber into spec at ride height with factory adjustment, the problem is the suspension will have little/no droop travel without UCAs

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Babalouie
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

Originally posted by 10sec rx7 View Post
      Got the triton today,
      Did 30km in it,

Muff delete

Stock

Done..

It's very comfy, very happy so far, will slap some km on it tomorrow
      Can tunes be done remotely or is it a drive into the shop arrangement?

Originally posted by Babalouie
      Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

Originally posted by vet 180 View Post
        They should be able to get tge camber into spec at ride height with factory adjustment, the problem is the suspension will have little/no droop travel without UCAs

Ended up buying some Ironman Forged UCA's through an old work colleague who now works at the Thailand operation.

Not fitted yet as am looking to fuck off the spacers and fit proper lifted springs and shocks bit am time poor at the moment.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

That's really only a Hilux/200 series thing. Even when you fix that the inner cv (tripod joint) starts binding up.

Ranger can only go a 20mm (iirc) longer shock before the cv becomes a problem on droop

Be sure the uca fits a series 3. Series one and 2 have different front suspension.
          Last edited by blingcommander; 14-10-20, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by blingcommander View Post
            That's really only a Hilux/200 series thing. Even when you fix that the inner cv (tripod joint) starts binding up.

Ranger can only go a 20mm (iirc) longer shock before the cv becomes a problem on droop
            I don't have CV's so all is good.

Comment

Originally posted by vet 180 View Post
              Can tunes be done remotely or is it a drive into the shop arrangement?

i dont have anything i can send you to flash it in with sorry
              im a cunt
              and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Originally posted by 1320ft View Post

Bugger, didnt even know they were coming out with one. Ahh well, no biggie.

TBH with my new job, combining the car allowance I get & my nopics who happens to be a chartered accountant works her magic come tax time. This thing will cost me nothing, except the mods I plan on doing; add central locking to the tailgate, (kayhan head unit, splits, amp, sub), tailgate lift strut, intercooler, exhaust etc.
                Yeah the 2.0TT is already here in the LDV Prado wannabe thing.
                I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

I dont need a 4x4 so why the fuck would I buy a 4x4.....

Yeah she stuck in my driveway, fronts in the shallow gutter and rears (wet) on the tiles !!!!

Fucken laughed heartily.

Comment

Lol cant you cant one of the local Ladyboys to give you a push?
                    I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
                      Lol cant you cant one of the local Ladyboys to give you a push?
                      Yeah was thinking of renting a few and get them to stand close to the tailgate and wait for them to get an erection.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlin View Post

That’s great news!

sell it.
                        Hail repairs first, then trade on a dmax
                        ​​​​eofy. It'll only do 5000 km between now and then

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
                        2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

finally found a grille that does not have a mustang badge or ford in big fuck off letters.

Comment

So update on the Ranger Raptor, which is 1 yr old and 30102km on the odometer and was serviced 2 days ago.

It had the recall for the failure of the transmission pump gears which results in loss of drive performed in April which included a PCM/TCM software update and inspection. My car was in the last week of the recall list from production.

So today do a bunnings run and as i leave the bunnings car park, the transmission slips goes bang out of gear and has a box full of neutrals. Initial response from Ford Australia was disappointing, as I waited 40 minutes on hold for roadside assistance and in the end live chatted to someone on the ford website who helped me out.

Problem with this is that my vehicle is used for work in remote australia and has significant modifications (roll cage, gps tracking, lift kit, sat phone and cell phone boosters, vhf and uhf radio etc.) to be on gas pipeline sites which has put me in a spot as i have to leave in 12 days for a 28 day stint.

Right now Ford Australia have given me full use of a ranger xlt hire car for free while they try and sort the problem (and have been very understanding and accommodating) and they believe they can have it repaired within the timeframe. Interesting times ahead.....
                            BeamTina

Comment

Surely they can slap another box in it within 12 days.

Comment

They think that shipping of parts will be the problem at the moment due to some virus thing going on in mexicostraya

Its a shame too because otherwise i absolutely love this car and nearly have it setup where its perfect for work/play/camping/touring. Thank fuck it has happened now as i was touch and go on a leaving for a cape york trip a month ago
                                Last edited by Slain; 30-10-20, 04:28 PM.
                                BeamTina

Comment

Working...
                                X